Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Manny's Terrorist Video

Page: 1 of 1
 JagJedi
04-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Hey guys. I know I'm new to this board but I just wanted to post this link in case you haven't seen it yet. Hey at least it's something new that involves GF.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JcW7Tuk8nu8&search=grim%20fandango)
 VampireNaomi
04-18-2006, 12:48 AM
At first I thought, what the hell is this, but then it became rather funny. I don't get one thing though. In the end they say "We fight against all those entertainment brands that make new videogames that can be run just on the newest computers, cutting the older ones off of all the fun..."

If that's the case, why choose GF as their theme? Not only is it not a new game, but it also works the best on old computers. I'm probably too tired to get this straight.

In any case, I'm moving this to Blue Casket. :)
 JagJedi
04-18-2006, 4:14 AM
"We fight against all those entertainment brands that make new videogames that can be run just on the newest computers, cutting the older ones off of all the fun..."

In my opinion this is what the whole video is about. They are using Manny as the main character because, grim fandango was one of the last great adventure games around. They are sending a message out to all the game companies that we as gamers are sick and tired of "First Person Shooters" that are released on a brand new console, that only look good on a HDTV. I think this message is telling them to get back to when games where "GAMES". To go back to a simpler time in gaming when all that mattered was the story. And as we all know this was one of the greatest stories EVER told. But that's just my opinion
 Scorpicus
04-26-2006, 4:13 AM
I don't think the message was about the genre of games being made nowadays, more about the fact that new games are made to work properly only on the very best computers. So if you have a year old computer, most of the new games will run slow cos the games use up so much memory etc.
It's what drove me to buy a playstation.

The video is telling people that a game doesn't have to have the most amzing memory sucking graphics to be a great game- GF being their example- so make games that will run on older PCs to.
Page: 1 of 1