Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Empire mission 10 - glitch

Page: 1 of 1
 Argus00
04-10-2006, 3:48 AM
I'm having a problem with Empire mission 10 (where you're supposed to capture Leia) - the instant my ISD (ISDs) locks the tractor beam on Tantive IV, the game comes almost to a dead halt, all the ships flicker on and off the screen... weird, like everything is at 0,5 fps!?!?!

I've tried other strategies, like dropping an ISD next to the Tantive, or shooting out the Tantive's engines to shorten the chase, but the second a tractor beam makes contact with the Tantive I get this glitch.

It's really frustrating, as I've finished the rebel campaign with no problems whatsoever and now I'm stuck on Empire 10.

Can anyone help? Has anyone else encountered this glitch?

PS - Oh yeah, directx = 9.0c, graph drivers = latest (nvidia 84.21), soundcard drivers = latest for my card (sblaster 5.1 live!). Anyway, this is irrelevant, because like I've said I've played through the rebel campaign with no tech problems or glitches, and 9 missions of the empire campaign.
 DarthMaulUK
04-10-2006, 4:46 PM
Hi!

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Someone on our forums said to check the CPU usage during the game and had some interesting finds. If you follow these instructions below and let us know how you get on

Before I could never finish a game since the PC always froze within the first 30 minutes, however....

As of this moment I have played 6 full games TO THE END ! ! ! ! ! !

Solution:

1- Go to the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Delete) while you have activated EAW.

2- Select the EAW program from the Processes tab, Right-Click it and set it to Priority = LOW

3- Enjoy the game.

The game's performance is not affected at all...

DMUK
 Argus00
04-11-2006, 1:36 AM
Thanks DarthMaulUK for the advice - I did that quite a few times, it slipped my mind for this game :) In the meantime, I guess the game realised it was in for the big uninstall and decided to behave.

I was about to uninstall last evening (I'm a gamer since 1982 and I've never spent more than 5 hours on glitch), when I thought I'd give the game one last chance. Like I said, as usual I locked the tractor beam on the ship and then I simply left my pc alone and went about some other stuff around the house. Anyway, after about 27 minutes or so, I heard the dialogues between Antilles and Vader, and the WE ARE VICTORIOUS finally popped on screedn I then left everything alone for another 8 minutes, and finally the end battle screen popped up (our losses / their losses) and the game continued as usual.

I still have no explanation for this behavior, though.
 viperii
05-09-2006, 10:59 PM
I got the same problem as well, can't seem to get it to work with changing to low priority nor does it work after leaving it for a while (left it for about 2 hrs still nothing).. if anyones got a solution that be great.
Page: 1 of 1