Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

BFII replacing droids ???

Page: 1 of 1
 Darklord51
04-07-2006, 12:17 PM
does any one know how to replace the superbattle droid with the TF battle droid, so i can replace the rather usless mangaguards with the supers.. dont get me wrong, getting one of those bulldogs in the face really ruins ur day, but all in all id rather use the older battle droids ...

oh not so important but does anyone know how to change the weapons, because the ultimate in droid-clone tech the darktroopers are ment to be the empires bad asses on the battle field, and i just want to replace their tiny pistols with somthing a bit bigger as those arch casters arnt much good when ur targets are moving all over the place.
 Arcane_Penguin
04-08-2006, 2:27 AM
change the ODF's
 esteroth12
04-08-2006, 11:01 AM
and the .lua's to replace units... you will probably have to make the battle droid from the stuff they sent, though.. they probably didn't ship a normal battledroid (you could use a marine and replace the rocket withn a pistol, and give it a normal walk speed, and change its name to battle droid)
 Darklord51
04-08-2006, 1:29 PM
ok i know how to 'mod' ODFs ive used them alot for starterk armada I & II but where the heck are they in this ... ive looked thro the core folders couldnt find a single odf .. are the archived in one of lvl if so wot programs best to extracting them, because im rather new to the BF series :$
 zerted
04-08-2006, 5:02 PM
You installed the mod tools right? Read odf_guide.doc in the documentation folder.
 Mercury Noodles
04-08-2006, 7:12 PM
They're in the assets folder. What exactly are you trying to do? Whether you need to deal with the stock lvl files at all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. If you're making a map, or just a side mod, you don't need to extract anything from the lvl files.
 Darklord51
04-09-2006, 12:13 PM
mod tools huh, no i havent tht might be why i cant get at anything ... thanks
 Darklord51
04-09-2006, 2:35 PM
1 prob, this is for making new levels to add to the game, i want to make changes to the orignal game, ie replace mangadroid completely but with out making any other changes ... im a noob to moddin BF2 and prob why im so confused.
 Darklord51
04-10-2006, 5:41 PM
does anyone know how to extract or read lvl files ?
 Mercury Noodles
04-11-2006, 8:13 PM
You can make side mods, like the one you're suggesting, with the tools. An actual map isn't really necessary, but it has to create the file structure for one in order to get started.
 zerted
04-15-2006, 3:18 PM
There is no reason to extract or read lvl files. The mod tools come with the source files of everything in the game.
 Arcane_Penguin
04-16-2006, 1:30 AM
no, the mod tools don't come out with all the source files, only a few things neded for mapping
 zerted
04-22-2006, 5:03 PM
I don't mean ALL the source files like the game code, movies, and sounds but all the mapping stuff: all the side files, all the game objects, all the source files for the maps, all the lua code.
 Arcane_Penguin
04-23-2006, 12:32 AM
it does come with sounds. i have all the vehicle sounds in my map
Page: 1 of 1