Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Online Petitions

Page: 1 of 1
 Reclaimer
03-30-2006, 4:34 PM
Do you think online petitions are good or bad?

I think the are a bad way of getting something or something done. Like anyone reads them or even pays attention to them.
 rccar328
03-30-2006, 4:41 PM
It depends...a lot of the petitions (specifically, the ones sent through email) are scams, or just plain false...but online petitions can be a good way to get positive change.

When it gets right down to it, though, I prefer paper - it's much easier to ensure that the petition is legitimate.
 TK-8252
03-30-2006, 5:38 PM
They're not useful in actually accomplishing anything; they are, however, a good way to determine the support, or lack thereof, that a movement or whatever actually has.
 Kurgan
04-08-2006, 3:15 PM
I suppose they could be bad if they divert energy away from "real action" on some issue. That is, if people think they are "doing their part" by signing the online petition and no further action or thought is needed on their part...

But otherwise I don't see the harm, they might give false hope. Assuming people aren't cheating though, I agree with you, they can be a measure of public support for something, like an unofficial poll.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-08-2006, 3:17 PM
They're useless. But most of what's on the internet is anyways.
Page: 1 of 1