Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cant download KOTOR Tool...

Page: 1 of 1
 BES
03-29-2006, 2:40 AM
I went to Freds website and tried to download it and got a wierd error:

Leech Attempt

Either a referer was not sent or it was from another domain. The attempt has been logged and action will be taken if necessary.

Please be aware that download applications that hide referers, such as GetRight, GoZilla! and Download Accelerator Plus, will prevent you from downloading files here.

It is recommended that you disable the download managers and use your browsers in-built downloader.
©2003-2006

whats that mean? im using IE, with no download managers..any way I can download it from an alt location?
 BES
03-29-2006, 6:28 AM
Wait I have TuneUP Utilities 2006 installed..it has a optimizer for network/internet connections..but I have a network..but if I turn it off it will mess alot of stuff up so an alt download site would be appreciated.
 Darkkender
03-29-2006, 7:55 PM
Wait I have TuneUP Utilities 2006 installed..it has a optimizer for network/internet connections..but I have a network..but if I turn it off it will mess alot of stuff up so an alt download site would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if your network optimizer is the problem or not. However all of those various download utilities effectively allow the user to start and stop downloads. Many websites do not support these types of utilities.

Too my knowledge Fred hasn't been around here for a few weeks due to equipment failures. I'm not sure how eager he is to make his work available at multiple locations as so far he has tried to maintain KT at only one site for various reasons.
 RedHawke
03-29-2006, 9:47 PM
I'm not sure how eager he is to make his work available at multiple locations as so far he has tried to maintain KT at only one site for various reasons.
Yup, it makes updates far more easier, also for the built-in updating feature so it has only one download site.

BES, you will likely need to disable whatever you are running, try to download the program, if succsessful then just re-enable whatever program that was.

I have had to go through far bigger hoops to download stuff in the past. ;)
 ZMistress
04-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm having the very same problem as BES. I don't have GetRight, GoZilla! and the likes installed and usually just use the Firefox downloader. I have absolutely no idea what I could possibly turn off to make this download work.
 stoffe
04-06-2006, 7:49 PM
If you use Firefox, check that you haven't turned of the HTTP Referer header, that could likely cause problems like this.

To do this, type in about:config in the address field. This should display the list of Firefox settings in the browser window. In the Filter input box at the top, type in network.http.sendRefererHeader. It should appear in the list below. Check that the value is set to 2. If it's not, set it to 2. :)
 ZMistress
04-07-2006, 3:35 PM
Thank you for the detailed help but the value was already 2.
 BlazeHoliday
04-17-2006, 3:03 PM
yeah i can't dl it either! kinda sux i can't get started back on my editing! doh!
Page: 1 of 1