Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Happy 4th Birthday JKII!!

Page: 1 of 1
 txa1265
03-28-2006, 9:33 AM
OK, apparently it is the 26th not the 28th (memory fades with age ;) ), but I've been playing through the single player campaign of JKII again as I do each year to celebrate the release of one of my favorite games of all time.

It is interesting what has happened in these years. Many of the 'Post PC Obi-Wan meltdown' period seem to have drifted at least somewhat - at least of my old fogey co-horts :) Even StormHammer, who was a bastion of single-player games has become a MP addict, and leXX has become utterly addicted to WoW. Prime now has a baby, and me? I've gone from casual gamer to managing editor at GamerDad.

But Jedi Knight II remains consistent, and remains a wondeful and fun experience. I still get chill at the Yavin Trial area, it remains a cathartic experience and one of the top moments for me in gaming. And the saber combat is still unmatched in any other game.

Mike
 dtriniman
03-28-2006, 7:46 PM
Agreed. NOTHING can replace that feeling I got when I finally got my saber on Yavin for the 1st time. JK2 was my 1st SW game. It started out ok but when i realized I could get a lightsaber and force powers I was hooked. And don't even talk about when I found the dismemberment code :D. My relationship with JK2 is on and off. I uninstall then reinstall next month. Your the 1st person I've heard who celebrates (or even knows) the anniversary of JK2. I salute you sir!
 Tinny
03-29-2006, 1:20 AM
I agree, JO rocked so hard. We want more games like that Raven :)
 Samuel Dravis
03-29-2006, 1:48 AM
Wow, it's been a while, hasn't it? JKII was -is - a great game, and I still play single player every once in a while, because JKA's doesn't touch it for entertainment value.
 Good Sir Knight
03-29-2006, 4:11 AM
Happeh Birfday JO!

yay!

:3pdance: :band1
 Jamps
04-08-2006, 3:49 PM
I remember when I got JKII. It was a birthday gift when I had my junk computer. I had to set everything on low, but even with that I was amazed. I got to play it for 15 minutes before I went to school. :)

Even today it is still one of my favorite games. The community isn't as big as I wish it would be though.
 JokotoFett
04-11-2006, 12:03 AM
Oh I still play it a whole lot to this day.
Page: 1 of 1