Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Does anyone how to mod on the PS2 SWBF2

Page: 1 of 1
 TKT101
03-26-2006, 1:36 PM
I know there is a way but i don't know how to do it.
 Alkonium
03-26-2006, 1:41 PM
No, there is not. All you can do about it is sue Lucasarts, Sony, and yourself, but I'm not too sure about that last one.
 TKT101
03-26-2006, 1:56 PM
What if we find a way then? What if we download the mods the DVD disks and from there play them. Maybe it'll take some time to convert them for PC mods to PS2 mods but i think it'll be worth the time.
 Alkonium
03-26-2006, 1:59 PM
Everything is streamed off the DVD, which is Read-Only, so you can't mod anything on PS2. You can however get somewhat close to modding on an Xbox or a 360.
 TKT101
03-26-2006, 2:07 PM
Well we always try to make a way somehow you never know what you can do.
 minilogoguy18
03-26-2006, 10:51 PM
have fun wastin your life away.
 alex533
03-27-2006, 3:14 PM
You Should have bought it on PC :P
 knuckles896
04-03-2006, 7:49 PM
Everything is streamed off the DVD, which is Read-Only, so you can't mod anything on PS2. You can however get somewhat close to modding on an Xbox or a 360.
I have actually done some "modding" of sorts for the PS2 by renaming the map files for the Star Wars Battlefront II Server Manager for PS2. Basically I ended up playing *under* Coruscant and spawning *inside* of a building in Mos Eisley. I actually had these games online and other people that connected to my game had their levels glitched too.

So technically modding for the PS2 may be possible, at least at some level, using the Server Manager, and if someone could figure out a way to get modded levels on the Server Manager's map list then modded levels could be played on the PS2.

Warning:
I feel like I should warn anyone who tries to mess with the map files that the games I created were very unstable and caused my PS2 (and my cousin's) to freeze repeatedly. It doesn't seem to have caused any irreversible harm, but I thought I should mention it.
 fortune faded13
04-08-2006, 10:17 PM
how do you mod for an xbox?
 kurt69
04-17-2006, 7:27 AM
I'm currently in the process of modding for the xbox. Goto www.projectmimesis.com). Pretty sure I have it all worked out... just got to finish a mod now. That's why I'm here.. lookin for some scripting tuts (got confused with the lua stuff).
 Fealiks
04-26-2006, 12:32 PM
you may be able to mod it somehow, maybe with ARMax or something. Surely you can mod the PSP version... cant you?
 Reclaimer
04-26-2006, 6:13 PM
No, there is not. All you can do about it is sue Lucasarts, Sony, and yourself, but I'm not too sure about that last one.

Lol!! Alkonium is right though.
 Hooner
04-26-2006, 10:48 PM
I have been able to mod SWB and SWB2 for PS2 by editing the mission.lvl file and then re-building the iso, which I installed onto the PS2 HD using hdl_dump. I have a better explanation of the process in a mod file README that I posted on Filefront.

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Wampa_Invasion;56297)

I don't think that you can mod PS2 games by using the server. The levels are still read off one's original disk in the PS2. The PC Mod Tools do appear to include a few bin files which appear to allow one to munge the files to conform to PS2 standards, but I'm not sure how one would play the new levels since the PS2 version does not include a check for addon levels.
Page: 1 of 1