Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rise of the Sith: Dark Philosophies

Page: 1 of 2
 Reclaimer
03-19-2006, 2:22 PM
Rise of the Sith: Dark Philosophies

It is 2000 years before the Battle of Yavin. In this time the Galaxy is at peace. The Sith has been long defeated at the hand of Revan and the Exile in the Unknown Regions. But, during a mission to Ullock VII, a long forgotten Sith world, a group of Jedi will come face to face with a decision: Follow the Light, or Join the Darkside...

A small ship exits hyperspace over the small world of Ullock VII and begins to decend into it's atmosphere. Aboard the small ship are a handful of Jedi, consisting of a Master, two Knights, and a trio of Padawans. These Jedi are part of an quest to uncover the unusual techings of the long forgotten Masters of the Great Jedi Order, which was founded several thousands years ago by Jedi Master Revan and Jedi Knight Bastila. There quest has led them to Ullock VII, where it is said a great battle between the Sith and Great Order took place. But what these Jedi don't know, is that an Evil Sith threat awaits for them.

"Master, we are approaching the landing site." Kao says. "Preparing to land."

The small ship lands gently, and the group disembarks.
 Diego Varen
03-19-2006, 2:28 PM
"Follow me please" Farqo announced over the other five Jedi, "God knows what's on this World"
 steven
03-19-2006, 2:33 PM
"I have a feeling I don't want to know whats on this world" Said Zarlak as his followed Farquo. "Who's smart idea was it for us to come here anyways?"
 Diego Varen
03-19-2006, 2:39 PM
"The Jedi Council's idea" Farqo told him, "And we shall do as the Council instructs"
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 2:58 PM
Sacrifice groaned. The time in the ship made him feel like their was sand in his joints. He got up and disembarked.
 Jeff
03-19-2006, 3:12 PM
"I have a bad feeling about this..." Owen grumbled. He was not as excited about his first mission without his master as he thought he would have been. But he just told himself to treat it like any other mission, since a master was present, just not his master.
 Reclaimer
03-19-2006, 3:36 PM
Kao exited the ship and locked it up. He turned towards Master Farqo.

“Ship is locked down, lead the way, Master.”
 Diego Varen
03-19-2006, 3:40 PM
"Well where to start" Farqo said, "There is a lot of ground to cover. Why don't we all split up? Kao, Zarlak come with me. Owen, Sacrifice, go the other way. We'll return here in several hours"
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 3:43 PM
"Right." Sacrifice said, then started heading off in a random direction. "Lets go, Owen."
 Diego Varen
03-19-2006, 3:45 PM
Owen and Sacrifice left.
"Well then, let's go then?" Farqo told them, "I mean, this is my first mission leading Jedi"
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 3:51 PM
(ok, hope this isn't major char-controlling, as im just making Owen walk with me.)

Sacrifice and Owen walked, taking in the scenery. Sacrifice was nervous though, because something wasn't right on the planet. Like a ripple in the force. Sacrifice suppressed his nervousness, Jedi couldn't afford to be nervous.
 Diego Varen
03-19-2006, 3:56 PM
Farqo led the other Jedi. They hadn't found anything.
"Well" He said, "Maybe this is just another wild Bantha chase"
He saw a cave.
"Let's have a look in here" He told the others.
He walked in.
 Jeff
03-19-2006, 4:01 PM
(ok, hope this isn't major char-controlling, as im just making Owen walk with me.)OOC: i think that's fine, when we're paired up like this we'll need to say they both walked.

Owen could also feel something was not right. They looked at eachother.

"I feel it also, Sacrifice. Be wary."

They walked down the path, and as they were walking, Owen could feel the disturbance getting stronger and stronger.
 Reclaimer
03-19-2006, 4:11 PM
Following Farqo, Kao ignited his orange short lightsaber as he entered the cave. He led, with Farqo and Zarlak following. Then soon reached an open chamber.

"The darkside is powerful here. We must be careful Master." Kao alerts.
 Diego Varen
03-19-2006, 4:15 PM
"You are right young Kao" Farqo told him, "However, I think that it is nothing to fear. If we stick together we'll be fine"
As Kao opened the door, Farqo ran in with his Blue Lightsaber. He shone it over the room. Nobody was there. Although the walls had ancient Sith writings on them.
"Amazing" Farqo said, "Some ancient Sith teachings on a wall. Why hide them here though?"
 steven
03-19-2006, 4:15 PM
"heh, as long as theres nothing alive down there I'm fine," Zarlak drew his lightsaber "But just to be in the save side."

Zarlak followed the jedi master in there and looked at the text "I can read this if it helps."
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 4:16 PM
Sacrifice could feel the dark side now. It was so strong it gave goosebumps on the back of his neck and he shivered for a moment. They walked on, carefully.
Once they finally got close, Sacrifice ignited his lightwhip and his lightsabre. They pressed on carefully.
 Diego Varen
03-19-2006, 4:17 PM
"I think you spoke too soon" Farqo said as he heard some deep breathing behind him.
He stabbed whatever was behind him. Farqo looked.
"It looks like an Assassin" Farqo told them, "A Sith Assassin"
 steven
03-19-2006, 4:19 PM
Zarlak looked at the stab marks and instead of seeing blood he saw robot parts. "Dose anybody else see that?"
 Reclaimer
03-19-2006, 4:20 PM
"Sith, here?!" Kao exclaims. "They were killed years ago!"

At that moment, dozens of Assassins rush in. Kao activates his double-bladed lightsaber and charges at the incoming Sith.
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 4:21 PM
Sacrifice knew it before it happened. 5 Sith assassins lept out of the bushs. "Owen! Heads up!" He warned Owen. He whipped his lightwhip around, making it wrap around a assassins' body. It stayed there for a second, then cut in, cutting the assassin in half. He twirled his lightsabre expertly at another assassin, taking his hand off, then force pushed him into a sharp rock. Sacrifice looked over to see how Owen was doing.
 Diego Varen
03-19-2006, 4:23 PM
"Obviously not" Farqo joked, as they all armed their Lightsabers in the attack stance. All three of them attacked the Sith Assassins.
"Well if they are Sith, they aren't very good" Farqo told them, "Investigate this room, more Sith Assassins will come. I, meanwhile shall check another part of this cave"
 Reclaimer
03-19-2006, 4:24 PM
Two Assassins attack Kao, but Kao easily parries both lightsabers and slices them in half. Master Farqo and Zarlak are engaged in their own duels when another Assassin attacks Kao. Kao parries, then jabs his double-bladed into the Sith's stomach. The Sith falls to the ground, chanting a old Sith code, inwhich Kao does not pay attention to. Soon, though, the cave begins to shake.

"It's coming down!!" Kao warns.
 Diego Varen
03-19-2006, 4:27 PM
Farqo left the cave to find the other room. The cave was dark. No Sith Assassins attacked him though. They were busy with Kao and Zarlak. He continued through the cave. Again he saw the same Sith teachings as the ones on the wall, like before.
 Jeff
03-19-2006, 4:41 PM
As Owen dueled with two Sith Assassins, his blue lightsaber ignited, he knew they could not survive long if more of these sith came.

"We have to get out of here!" Owen yelled to Sacrifice as he continued to duel the assassins, finally striking down one of them. Owen then used Force Whirlwind on the other, sending him up in the air and twirling, and sending the remaining assassins flying. "Let's go! Contact the others on your comlink!"
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 4:45 PM
"Good idea" Sacrifice told him. Then said to the comlink: "Hey you guys! We got a little sith problem over here. You there?" He moved to dodge a falling assassin.
 Reclaimer
03-19-2006, 4:48 PM
After hearing Sacrifice's question, Kao responded.

"We got our own problem here!" Kao said. "Get to the ship."
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 4:53 PM
"Right." He said back, then put the comlink away. "Quick Owen! We got to reach the ship before more sith arrive, apparently they are under attack to---" Before Sacrifice could finish, 4 more sith assassins jumped on him and Owen. He twirled his lightsabre and then stabbed one, and force pulled another to him. The assassin was pulled into Sacrifice's blade.
 Reclaimer
03-19-2006, 4:59 PM
As Kao attempted to leave the cave, he was hit by a type of stun weapon. As he passed out, he heard a chuckle from an unknown source...

(Alright, I'm now a prisoner, but you don't know that yet...)
 Jeff
03-19-2006, 5:02 PM
Owen jumped up and took one swift stroke with his blade and the 2 assassins were cut down. "If they keep coming at this rate, we'll be dead for sure!" said Owen, as he used Force Heal on himself and Sacrifice.
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 5:04 PM
"Yeah, I can feel more coming. Lets run for it." He said to him as he force healed him. They took off, with Sith right behind them.
 Jeff
03-19-2006, 5:07 PM
OOC: Owen is a guy, as am I :p

As they were running, the Sith finally stopped chasing them, but could still be seen in the distance. They could see the ship ahead.

"That's odd, why did they stop? It's almost like they don't want us dead, only to soften us up a bit!"
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 5:10 PM
(LMAO sorry a was looking at your signature and avatar and i got a little mixed up. ill edit that)

"Yeah, and the other group said they had a problem over there too, but I thought they would come by now." He could feel a dark presence approaching now, surely it wasn't the other group. "Come on, we'll be safer in the ship."
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-19-2006, 5:19 PM
(Never used first person before, he's within himself so I'll try it)

I was on my own, walking along a beaten trail on a planet i've never been to. If I was anyone else- what am I kidding.. I wouldn't be anyone else. I stopped walking for a moment and put my right hand on my forehead, closing my eyes.

It seems my friends are in trouble.. Like I cared.. As you can probably tell, i'm not much of a socialite. I keep to myself alot, so as to not be betrayed, or tricked. I chose not to follow the Jedi way, nor the Sith way. I can see ideals of both sides, and choose to have power over weakness, sense and brains over brawn.
 arvik
03-19-2006, 5:22 PM
Arik Diskin, a relatively new sith lord emerged victorious from the battle with his old master six years ago. Ever since, he intended to regow the sith into the ultimate power they once were.
Now, Darth Arik, as he was called, looked down apon the Jedis fighting off his
assassins he sent. He was in a stealth shield, watching everything before him. He saw the JEdis running towards the ship, but he couldn't let them do that.

((If the following part is ok, I will not erase it, if it isn't, I will erase it.))

Darth Arik jumped down to where the Jedi ship was. He was still in his stealth shield, and the sith assassins were holding the jedi back. He force jumped up and used force fireball on the ship. A small flame lit on the metal, slowly turning it black. And in a mere moment, the ship turned white and exploded, sending flying, burning metal across the area. As Arik came back down, he looked at the surprised jedi, for they still could not see the sith lord.
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 5:27 PM
Sacrifice was blown of his feet. He spinned backwards and landed on his feet proffesionally. His mind was in panic mode, he concentrated. The sith assassins defintely couldn't do that, and the dark side he was sensing was much more powerful. He swivelled around to face the dark presence he could not see. He activated his lightwhip and lightsabre. He made sure Owen was with him and was ok, then swung his lightwhip towards the presence.
 Reclaimer
03-19-2006, 5:33 PM
Kao awoke in dark chamber. Small lights kept it mildly lit. A group of Sith Assassins keep guard. Kao himself, was chained in restraints. An assassin comes near Kao.

"The Master will be here shortly, young one. You will be broken." he says, sternly.

"Never! I will never fall!" Kao yells.

"Ahh, but you have already taken the first steps with your anger." he replies, and then walks away.
 Jeff
03-19-2006, 5:35 PM
Owen's lightsaber buzzed on, and he and Sacrifice prepared to face the dark presence.
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 5:35 PM
(oOoOh i sense someone going dark side eventually

Waiting for arvik to post...)
 arvik
03-19-2006, 5:36 PM
Darth Arik jumped back up into the air and pulled out his lightsaber, revealing himself. HE threw his lightsaber at Sacrafice, he blocked, and the saber came back. "I hope you enjoy your stay here on Ullock VII." Darth Arik said sarcastically. "For it might be your last!"
 Jeff
03-19-2006, 5:41 PM
Owen and Sacrifice approached the Sith. Owen, thinking he could out-wit the sith, tried to throw a rock at their attacker using the force, but it was easily reversed toward Owen and he was thrown to the ground.
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 5:42 PM
Sacrifice snorted, very un-jedish. "You sith, to busy talking to fight."
He whipped his lightwhip at Arik and at the same time, threw his lightsabre. The lightsabre missed and went past Arik, but Sacrifice called it back like a boomerang, and it headed towards the back of Arik at the time the lightwhip nearly hit the sith...
 arvik
03-19-2006, 5:53 PM
"Step One.." Arik said calmly. Arik opened his mouth and used a powerful force scream. "Step Two.." Arik said and threw a force fireball. "Step Three..." He said and used force fear. The move Arik used was called Force Chaos, a move that hurts their head, attacks, and sends fear through them all at the same time. The Jedi flew back stunned. "On the contrary, you jedi are!" Darth Arik said. "you can never kill an enemy! Yeah that seems really non-talking to me!"
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 5:58 PM
(ok but uhh, what happened to my attack? i know you attacked me just now, but i don't rememer you blocking my attack...)
 Jeff
03-19-2006, 6:05 PM
OOC: screw it, it missed. Let's just get on with it.

Owen, gathering all the strength he had after going through intense pain, jumped at the Sith, his lightsaber clashed with the Sith's saber in mid-air, and he flipped over him and landed behind the Sith. Now that the Jedi had one of them on each side of the Sith, they should have an advantage...
 Shadda
03-19-2006, 6:14 PM
OOC: fine, but i like that move...

Sacrifice ran at Darth Arik, and their lightsabres clashed. They swung at slashed and blocked at each other. Their lightsabres danced in rythem to the buzz of the lightsabre. Sacrifice slashed, and Arik blocked, Arik slashed, and Sacrifice blocked. Sacrifice was playing around, he was destracting the sith intill Owen made his move...
 arvik
03-19-2006, 6:45 PM
Arik smiled. Owen charged toward him while Sacrafice and Arik were fighting and the other side of the lightsaber sprung out to attack Owen. Owen dodged it and jumped back as Arik sliced at both of them.
 Jeff
03-19-2006, 6:50 PM
"This could make things interesting..." remarked the Padawan. He knew by now that they would not defeat the Sith Warrior, and tried to think of a way to escape... But he couldn't think as he had to focus on fighting.
 arvik
03-19-2006, 7:13 PM
"Why are you jedi so persistent?" Arik asked and jumped back up in the air and shot a force storm below.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-20-2006, 1:08 AM
(Oh screw it, it takes too long)
He was closer to the fight than he thought.. Might as well.. Taking off his Jedi Robe to reveal his Jedi attire, he force sprinted towards the fight, unsheathing his Blue lightsaber and switching it on with a violent screech. He slid under the force storm blast and towards the distracted sith near Owen, directly behind it. The sith swung it's crimson lightsaber backwards to attack Krell.

He took this to his advantage, bobbing out of the way and grabbing the lightsaber, holding his arm back, he shoved his saber through the Sith's chest, creating a rather large hole. He dropped the red saber as it deactivated. As the sith fell to the ground, he swiped at it's neck, slicing it's head off at a diagonal angle as it slid to the ground.

He twirled his blue saber and withdrew his green short lightsaber, igniting it. "The cavalry has arrived..." He grinned, knocking the force lightning away with a swipe of force resist.
Page: 1 of 2