Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Battlefront II: Machinima

Page: 1 of 1
 lightexile
03-16-2006, 8:56 PM
Me and a buddy of mine are planning on making a Star Wars: Battlefront II Machinima (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machinima). For now we are wondering if :

It possible to go into a "free spectator mode" or "no-clips" mode? Would be used for camera angles.
It possible to modify any game files or models to let classes use weapons that they are not normally allowed to use? For example: A scout trooper using a normal clone trooper's rifle?
Recolor skins? Our comedic film may revolve around a group called the 285th HVC (Human Volunteer Corps) who got the lame end of battles. For this we'd like to do some recoloring of skins to make them look like they're own unit. So we'd like say, the classic 501st trooper to have yellow (just a random color) instead of blue.
It possible to add a specific skin to a certain individual? For example, if the film consisted of two Clone Troopers getting yelled about by a superior officer, would it be possible to have the one individual in a General Gree skin, but no others?

Figured this would be a good place to come for answers, seems like a great community. Thanks for any help we can get.

And, by the way, if you'd like to be involved in this machinima in anyway you contact me:

On these forums
Through aim: DoubleDownSpade
E-mail: clcrew@gmail.com
MSN Messenger: clcrew@gmail.com

Again, a huge thanks to everyone!
 zerted
03-18-2006, 12:57 PM
www.gametoast.com) is the best place to get SWBF2 modding help, but here works good too.

You can do whatever you want with vehicles and units. I'm not sure if you can switch the skin of a trooper ingame, but you can add another trooper unit with the different skin.
Page: 1 of 1