Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] [REL] Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection

Page: 1 of 2
 ChAiNz.2da
03-12-2006, 3:58 AM
Yeah, I know what you're thinking "It's about freakin' time.. now maybe he'll stop yapping about it.." :xp:

Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection

You can download it over at my site for now. I'm too tired to try & attempt PCGM ;)
Screenies are located at the bottom of the page. (apx 16.2mb)
PLUS, It's TSL Patcher enabled goodness with half the calories!

Download Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - LucasFiles (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=1304)

Download Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - FileFront (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Kreias_Assorted_Robe_Collection;66487) <-- already has fix applied

Download Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - PCGameMods (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18688.html) <-- already has fix applied

Download Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - My Site (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/KreiaRobes.htm)

** If you are having compiling problems during install (Win98 & Win2000 users) **

CLICK HERE to download The Kreia's Robes FIX (554kb) (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/KreiaRobes/TSL-KreiasRobesFix_v1.0.rar)
Read more about the FIX here (click) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2050640&postcount=49)

SUMMARY

Ever noticed no matter what you decide to put on Kreia, she seems dead-set on wearing that burlap sack excuse for a robe? Well, apparently Master Kavar did and he came up with a modding request that I just couldn’t pass up.

“Why not make it so that Kreia’s robes will change to an appropriate representation of what you put on her?”

Well sure, why not..? Sounded like a pretty level headed request to me.. and an opinion I shared. So here you have it folks, I offer you:

-()- Kreia’s Assorted Robe Collection -()-

Whoa whoa whoa...hold on a minute, let me correct that! I would like to give proper credit, kudos, and my heartfelt thanks to the many modders that were involved and made this mod possible. Without their hardwork, guidance & contribution(s) to this mod... none of it would've been possible. So I'd like to say that if you enjoyed this mod, that the following modders had major roles in it's completion (but you can still send all hate mail to me :lol: )
Master Kavar : the mastermind behind the idea & the person that this mod was initially made for.

stoffe –mkb- : for providing the script base to actually get Kreia's "switching" to work properly (basically the entire premise of the mod's original function)

svцsh : for his guidance on how to properly correct Kreia's model diffusion (so her skins didn't have a green tint)

Achilles : for providing the corrected diffusion model base for Kreia (his was much better than mine)

oldflash : for providing the model and skin of Kreia's "Dark Shroud"

tk102 : for allowing me to incorporate his "Remote Tells Your Influence Mod" (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159787), giving the little guy more of a purpose than what I had originally planned for him.

Thank you very much, all of you. I hope you know that your help was not only invaluable... but greatly appreciated.

DESCRIPTION

This mod will make it so that depending on the type of robe you give Kreia, her appearance will effectively change to a suitable representation. Basically, she’ll ditch the “burlap sack” excuse of a robe to one with proper details.

In addition to the “pretty colors”, this mod also adds a new small area (Citadel:082West Residential:Medical), a mini-quest you can pursue in order to construct the Dark Shroud... a Kreia-specific robe (new model), and a voiced dialogue exchange cutscene between the PC and Kreia, giving her a more “human side” we rarely see…

This mod also implements tk102’s “Remote Tells Your Influence” (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159787) Mod, allowing the little guy to actually have a purpose. Just ask him to stop flying around, and then you can ask him how much influence you have with the rest of your crew. However, he just 'might' have another purpose… hmmm…

STATS (Dark Shroud)

- Restricted to Kreia
- Upgradeable
- Defense Bonus : +5
- Regenerate Force Points : Random
- Regeneration : Random
- Blaster Bolt Increase : Random
- Reduced Saving Throw : Will (-5)
- Dual Hand Weapon Wield

USAGE

1-) with cheats enabled, type "~" (without quotes) and enter:

For the Mechanical Hand Parts: giveitem kds_mech_parts
For the Mechanical Hand Journal: giveitem kds_mech_jrnl
For the Dark Shroud Materials: giveitem kds_materials
For Kreia's Dark Shroud++: giveitem kreia_shroud

2-) Press "ENTER"

** For the Anti-Console (bless you),

The mod includes a mini-quest in which the PC must acquire the 3 components in order to construct Kreia's Dark Shroud. After retrieving the parts, you must board the Ebon Hawke and talk to the Remote. If you have all the pieces, he'll construct the mech hand in which you (assumed) attach to the robe and deliver it to Kreia.

++ KEEP IN MIND, if you cheat the Dark Shroud in your inventory, the Remote will not construct the hand and you'll miss out on the PC/Kreia dialogue exchange. You can however cheat the 3 components in and continue on that way (slackers.. hehehe)

ENJOY! :D
======================================

As for the cutscene Kreia's Fall movie, I've ran into a snag :fist: (but don't worry).. I'll explain more in my WIP Thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139367) tomorrow, err.. later today... ugghh I need some sleep.. hehehe

======================================
 Jackel
03-12-2006, 4:13 AM
*click download* Im getting my copy.
 RedHawke
03-12-2006, 4:39 AM
About time... you slacker you! :xp:

*Runs off to put various robes on Kreia and go Ooohhhh! and Ahhhh!*

:D
 Darth Moeller
03-12-2006, 7:35 AM
Awesome! Glad you finally got this released man, I've been looking forward to it.
 kata_mad
03-12-2006, 8:14 AM
Very cool, I had actually forgotten that you was attempting this mod.
 Lantzen
03-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Looking good, "downloading"
 The Source
03-12-2006, 11:22 AM
**Click. Click. **
Downloading Now.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone. Your mod looks great. :)
 The_Maker
03-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Wowie Wowie Wow Wow WOW! O_O

It's finally out! I can't believe it!
*The_Maker dnacers in the streets*
I am installing it as I type this :D

Great work man!
 Darkkender
03-12-2006, 1:05 PM
Wow and Here I thought this was going to be a simple mod. :D
 ChAiNz.2da
03-12-2006, 1:40 PM
Wow and Here I thought this was going to be a simple mod. :Dhehehe.. so did I when I first started :lol: It just "mutated" into this and hopefully, was worth it ;)

===============================

Just a gew things I think I need to say about the mod so that any troubleshooting stuff can be limited to what's actually a problem :)
Kreia's robe switch is based on her heartbeat script...so
- It may take up to a second or so for her appearance to change
- Kreia's appearance will not change while on the Ebon Hawke since I believe NPC's heartbeat scripts don't run while aboard. Not to worry, her appearance will change once you take her off the EH.
Edit: Oops...This isn't necessarily true. It's an "if" function in the start of the "k_oei_hench_inc.nss" script.
If you feel like changing that, you'll need to change/recompile the source scripts. However, I'd suggest keeping your CPU cycles for something more important ;)

Because I had to list the actual .uti in the script, sometimes Kreia's appearance will not "revert" back to her burlap look if say you use a modded armor on her (Segan Wyndh for example).

For example, Let's say I put the Matukai Robe on her and she turns "green". If I replace her armor with Segan Wyndh armor, Kreia will remain with the Matukai look (which really isn't too bad). In a way, you could put a particular robe on her, a color you like.. then switch it out with a modded robe so that her appearance will remain to something you like ;)

Kreia's dual weapon wield (wearing the Dark Shroud) can be a little tricky at times. I included a "what to do" in the item description, but for posterities sake...

- equip Kreia with the Dark Shroud, then return to the game screen so that her appearance changes.

- Once changed, switch back to her inventory. If she can't dual wield, then (while in Inventory) switch to a different NPC/PC then switch back to Kreia. voila! Now she can get on your nerves and fight with 2 weapons.. hehehe

I made the PC/Kreia dialogue exchange un-skippable because there are a few scripts that have to run. While testing, I found out that if you start rapidly clicking, some scripts didn't fire... you can change the unskippable mode, but do so at your own risk. If you do make it skippable, just click carefully and at a reasonable pace ;) (one of the major scripts is the one that actually gives you the robe.. you are warned)

Remote's dialogue for the mech hand is unskippable as well, however his last dialogue line fires the cutscene script. DO NOT add anything to this dialogue node (such as a "modded" reward) because the pop up box that happens after the dilaogue ends interferes with the run script for the cutscene... you'll be left standing there ;) I used Remotes short replies so that you wouldn't have to endure much of it :)

Unfortunately, Kreia's appearance will revert back to "burlap" mode during the Rebuilt Enclave cutscene movie. Because I don't know what robe Kreia will be wearing in your game at that moment I didn't change this. I don't want to force a player into making her wear the Dark Shroud (or other robe) at any time, so this is something that would have to solved at a later time (if the desire is out there)

That's all I can think of for now, but please let me know if you run into any other problems or conflicts. :)
 Jackel
03-12-2006, 1:47 PM
Unfortunately, Kreia's appearance will revert back to "burlap" mode during the Rebuilt Enclave cutscene movie. Because I don't know what robe Kreia will be wearing in your game at that moment I didn't change this. I don't want to force a player into making her wear the Dark Shroud (or other robe) at any time, so this is something that would have to solved at a later time (if the desire is out there)

You can get away with by putting something in your readme about Kreia thought a simple robe (her normal ugly one) would be best for helping the Jedi Masters "see" through the Exiles eyes. Would be a good excuse for just ignoring that cutscene.
 deathdisco
03-12-2006, 3:25 PM
Wow, I didn't know there was a work around that let Kreia dual weild while using a disguise. Not that I wanted her to dual weild I just gave here the non-gimped appearance for aesthetics.
Nice Job on the robes, they look good.
 Jae Onasi
03-12-2006, 9:48 PM
Got mine. Nice job--looks great!
 Ghost Down
03-13-2006, 1:56 AM
Ooh nice, got some questions though, what should i do with the Source folder?, and how do i trigger the Dark Shroud quest?

- Dream Evil :vamp1:
 ChAiNz.2da
03-13-2006, 8:06 AM
Ooh nice, got some questions though, what should i do with the Source folder?, and how do i trigger the Dark Shroud quest
the Source folder contains the scripts that were used in the game in case someone needs to alter, merge or just look at them for curiosities sake. They shouldn't be needed in order for the mod to run :)
Luckily I was able to use alot of TSL's generic scripts in the game for my dialogues by using the parameters field.. however for the custom stuff, they're included in the Source folder.

As for triggering, there's not really anything needed to do other than just collect the parts then talk to the Remote. A new dialogue entry will be available once all parts are collected. Each component is tagged as a "quest" item so you shouldn't be able to accidentally break it down or sell it... however, since there are no journal entries, nor datapads.. it is up to the PC to read what is available (in-game) and "connect the dots" :D

Citadel & Korriban are 2 places that if you've already been there, you might want to go back ;)
 Ghost Down
03-13-2006, 8:46 AM
Cool, thanks man :)
 ChAiNz.2da
03-14-2006, 3:44 AM
The mod is now available at LucasFiles (http://www.lucasfiles.com) as well :D

And since they are accepting .rar files now, I've started uploading my past mods as well.. w00t!

Download Kreia's Assorted Robe Collection - LucasFiles (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?s=&action=file&id=1304)
 oldflash
03-14-2006, 3:51 AM
Great mod ChAiNz.2da :urpboun: :bounc5: :bounc4: :bounmult:
 shinyjedi
03-16-2006, 8:21 PM
Okay, having problems installing the mod. I've tried three times now, with reboots between and I'm still getting an "unhandled error occured! invalid file name" error message. I've included the log file for your perusal. I'm still running Win98, if it matters. What am I doing wrong?

• Installation started 3/16/06 7:14:05 PM...
• Modifying file "globalcat.2da" found in Override folder...
• Saving unaltered backup copy of globalcat.2da in D:\MYFILES\VIDEO GAMES AND STUFF\KOTR2\KREIAS ASSORTED ROBES\backup\globalcat.2da
• Updated 2DA file D:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\override\globalcat.2da.
• Modifying file "appearance.2da" found in Override folder...
• Saving unaltered backup copy of appearance.2da in D:\MYFILES\VIDEO GAMES AND STUFF\KOTR2\KREIAS ASSORTED ROBES\backup\appearance.2da
• Updated 2DA file D:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\override\appearance.2da.
• Modifying and compiling scripts...
• Compiling modified script k_oei_spawn.nss...
 ChAiNz.2da
03-17-2006, 6:23 AM
Hey shinyjedi.. first off sorry for all the troubles. I just received an e-mail with the same problem, and helped another member with it in this thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=162410)

Try installing the mod from your desktop (or the C: drive). I'm not sure but stoffe brought up some things that made me think. So, I need to start asking everyone these questions in case I may have made a goof on the installer :o

1) Do you have a U.S. version of the game?
2) Is your game updated with the latest patch?
3) are you installing from the C: drive (preferably the Desktop), or trying to install directly from the .rar file?

The reason I ask, and also so anyone might spot some problem, is that while I included the nwscript.nss, I don't think (now) that I made the appropriate settings in the installer's "script compiler flags values" to use it :fist: Instead, it's probably looking for the script in your game folder and depending on your answers to those 3 questions.. that might help me troubleshoot and remedy this problem once and for all :)

Try the "fix" in the link I posted and if that doesn't work, let me know and I'll do my best to help you get it installed and/or release a fix if my "theory" is correct on what the problem might be.. ;)
 stoffe
03-17-2006, 8:11 AM
Try installing the mod from your desktop (or the C: drive). I'm not sure but stoffe brought up some things that made me think. So, I need to start asking everyone these questions in case I may have made a goof on the installer :o

1) Do you have a U.S. version of the game?
2) Is your game updated with the latest patch?
3) are you installing from the C: drive (preferably the Desktop), or trying to install directly from the .rar file?

For the record it worked fine to install it in an UK-English version of the game, running in a non-English version of Windows XP, running the original unpatched game, installing from a folder on one of my harddrives the RAR archive was extracted to.

A couple of things to check/try:
Check that the tslpatchdata folder isn't write protected. The Installer needs to be able to write some temporary files there while it is processing and compiling scripts. Also make sure that no files with a NSS or NCS extension in this folder are write protected. (Use the right-click menu in Explorer and look at the checkbox in the Properties window to see if they are write protected.)

In the tslpatchdata folder, find the file changes.ini and open it with Notepad. Find the line that reads "LogLevel=3" and change it to "LogLevel=4". Attempt to install again, the installer show now display a more detailed log of what it is doing. This may be useful to figure out exactly where it is stalling.

The "Unhandled" part likely means that the problem isn't directly caused by the Installer code, but that the error comes from the underlying Operating System calls instead. Sounds like the path to some file gets messed up for some reason, or that the file it is looking for is missing (which is why you should make sure the folder isn't write protected since it might prevent the temp files from being written).

Venturing into the realm of wild unfounded guesses, it's also possible that Win98 and WinXP handles process execution differently, so that while in WinXP the Installer waits until the script compiler is done before attempting to move the files, maybe in Win98 it proceeds directly and tries to copy a compiled script that hasn't been written yet. But, as said, this is wild speculation and this possibility should be able to verify or dismiss based on the log output if the loglevel is set to 4 as mentioned above.
 oldflash
03-17-2006, 8:27 AM
Location is not a problem. My windows is on "D" drive, games are in E and source was on removeable drive (direct from archive). Under windows98 is verry important to leave temporary dir as default - "%windir%\temp\" (do not set in autoexec.bat other location for temp and tmp). And keep that directory clean.

Seems to be a problem win98. (http://img149.imageshack.us/my.php?image=019yn.jpg)
Changing debuglevel3 to 4 in changes.ini:

• Replacing tokens in script k_oei_spawn.nss...
• Script "k_oei_hench_inc.nss" has no start function, assuming include file. Compile skipped...
• Replacing tokens in script k_oei_hench_inc.nss...
 shinyjedi
03-17-2006, 4:14 PM
Thanks guys. Chainz, no need to apologize, I appreciate all your work. I'm just anxious to get this mod working so I can enjoy it more :)

For the record;
US version of the game
Win98SE. The game is installed in D:\program files\lucasarts\SWKotOR2\
The game is, as yet, unpatched, although I did download the patch the other day (laziness sucks)
I unzipped (sic) the mod into a subdirectory of the subdirectory where I have all my other Kotor and Kotor2 mods stashed, also on the D: drive. It is remotely possible that the installer didn't like how many levels down it had to go to find the files, but I haven't really seen that problem in many many years.
I haven't changed the temp parameters, although I haven't cleared the temp file lately (see above comment re: laziness)

I don't have any of the files or folders set to write protected.

In response to the most recent suggestions:

I copied the Kreias Assorted Robes directory to the desktop and ran the installer again with exactly the same result.

The only files anywhere in the lucasarts realm that show any modification with today's date are the appearance.2da and globalcat.2da, both in the override folder. Looks like the intaller's choking when it tries to compile the k_oei_spawn.nss file.
I even tried copying the k_oei_spawn.nss file from the tslpatch directory and manually inserting it in the override so the installer would have something to work with, but no dice.

So still no joy in Mudville. What do you suggest next?
 Kelathinadun
03-17-2006, 5:24 PM
I'm still having the same problem as shinyjedi, I've redownloaded it, my game is patched us version and my machine is windows 2000. It ends on the same line no matter what I do, hopefully CHaiNz.2da will be bringing out a 1.1 version to fix the problem.
~Frank
 stoffe
03-17-2006, 8:26 PM
Err... oops. :sweat: I think I have managed to find the cause of this error. This problem was caused by a simple but elusive bug that I failed to notice since apparently Windows XP is less strict with how file paths look than Win98 and Win2K. Stupid mistake, but those are often the hardest to spot. :)

I believe I have managed to fix this bug now. You can download the fixed version of the Installer application here (http://www.algonet.se/~stoffe/Patcher_bugfix.rar). Unpack the EXE, put it in the same folder as "KreiasRobes_Installer.exe" and run this new file instead, and it will hopefully install the mod correctly. Please let me know if that fixes it or if there still are problems.

(You should probably copy the unaltered appearance.2da and globalcat.2da from the backup folder to your override folder, if they exist, before you try this, to undo the halfway changes that have been made previously when the installer stalled. If they don't exist in the backup folder (or if the backup folder itself don't exist), just delete those two files from your override folder since you likely don't have any mods that have them installed already.)

@ChAiNz.2da: It seems like the version of the script compiler you use pulls the nwscript.nss from the game data and ignores the one in the tslpatchdata folder. I tried to test a fake install on a computer without TSL installed and the compiler printed some error message.
 Kelathinadun
03-17-2006, 9:32 PM
Stoffe I tried the updated tslpatcher.exe in tsl-kreiasrobes version 1.0 rar and it didn't do anything, same problem as before.
Sincerely,
Frank
 stoffe
03-17-2006, 9:41 PM
Stoffe I tried the updated tslpatcher.exe in tsl-kreiasrobes version 1.0 rar and it didn't do anything, same problem as before.

In the RAR? You'll need to unpack all the files to a folder on your harddrive before you install and not run it from the archive. Unpack the mod into a folder, drop the fixed installer into that folder (the folder that contains the tslpatchdata folder) and run TSLPatcher.exe to install the mod.

If it still doesn't work I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong, since with that bug fix the "invalid filename" error disappeared and the mod installed without errors when I tested it on my old computer running Windows 98.

@ChAiNz.2da: Sorry about derailing your mod release thread with problems caused by my buggy hack of an Installer which probably never should have been released in its current state. I'll yank it for now to prevent other modmakers from ending up in the same situation. :(
 shinyjedi
03-17-2006, 9:54 PM
Well, whatever I did between then and now seems to have cratered my override folder, so it'll be awhile before I try this fix. The game loads, but my companions are missing, and any time I hit a transition, the computer has to be rebooted. I even got a white screen telling me to reload windows once! Even regressing to a formerly known good appearance.2da only gets me partway back. So it looks like I reload and do the one mod at a time drill until I get back where I was.
Of course, I've learned several things between before and now, so it should be a much cleaner place this time. I'll post results when I get reloaded, for good or for ill. Damn, I hate to go thrugh Peragus again!
 Clone L68362
03-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Outstanding! Great work everyone. I'll download this...someday...when I install TSL again :)
 RedHawke
03-17-2006, 11:08 PM
@ChAiNz.2da: Sorry about derailing your mod release thread with problems caused by my buggy hack of an Installer which probably never should have been released in its current state. I'll yank it for now to prevent other modmakers from ending up in the same situation. :(
stoffe if I might say something about this...

Your TSL Patcher program isn't a "buggy hack" it is quite good, you cannot possibly forsee every single issue the patcher might have for every possible OS and configuration. ;)
 shinyjedi
03-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Stoffe, You appear to have created a program on your own that provides more reliable output than a good many *cough*sierra*cough* major software companies can manage with large staffs. Don't beat yourself up because a few people are having problems. Hey, we're Microsoft users, we're used to it! :) If your feeling bad has anything to do with my problems, you're making a mistake. The Kriea mod wasn't the only thing I was messing with, and may not even have been what cratered my folder. I won't even know until I finish rebuilding everything with a bit more care than I afforded the last install. Hey, this time I'm even keeping notes so I at least know WHAT mods are wandering around in there unattended.

Again, I'm quite satisfied with your work, so don't sweat any probs I might post.

Ron, the shiny jedi.
 stoffe
03-18-2006, 5:08 AM
Your TSL Patcher program isn't a "buggy hack" it is quite good, you cannot possibly forsee every single issue the patcher might have for every possible OS and configuration. ;)
(snip)
You appear to have created a program on your own that provides more reliable output than a good many major software companies can manage with large staffs. Don't beat yourself up because a few people are having problems.

Thanks. That probably sounded a bit more moody than I intended, but that can happen when you are tired from having stayed up all night trying to fix that problem quickly and then hearing that it was all in vain since it doesn't seem to work anyway. :)

Nevertheless, until someone can confirm that the fixed installer application I posted above does work properly now on a Win98 install other than my own it's probably best to keep the TSLPatcher "unreleased". It's supposed to make mod-installing easier, not introduce tons of new problems modmakers have no control over.

On topic: I tested the Mod briefly yesterday and things seemed to work fine. Looking good with some more variety for Kreias wardrobe. Nice work. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
03-18-2006, 5:35 AM
You have nothing to apologize for in my book.. and I don't consider this de-railing by any means.. it's what these threads are for :D

The only thing I can't get is that it works for some and not for others... so the installer obviously works.. it worked 5 different times on my machine and I'm using a downloaded copy for testing purposes :giveup:

@ChAiNz.2da: It seems like the version of the script compiler you use pulls the nwscript.nss from the game data and ignores the one in the tslpatchdata folder. I tried to test a fake install on a computer without TSL installed and the compiler printed some error message.Yah, I was afraid of that :fist: This could possibly cause a problem with foreign game versions you had stated earlier.. so I'll dig up a version of nwsscomp.exe that does look for the nwscript.nss (or is there a particular flag value I can assign in the changes.ini?)...

==============================

@everyone else having problems, sorry all but trust me the "temp fix" for this is going to be just as hard if not harder to do.. but I can do it. Here's the catch though... If you don't know how to compile a script, you're going to have alot of problems.

What it will require would be a mod install (I'll make a non-compile version).. then having to open up your appearance.2da, record the line numbers the Kreia entries are listed as, then go into a source script and enter those values, save, compile and drop..

This is by no means a "simple" task.. so I'm going to outright ask all of you if this is something you're interested in? I'll go ahead and say that I do not have the time personally to compile a script for everyone simply because each case is going to unique depending if you have other mods installed using an appearance.2da.. let me know, just be warned that the "fix" isn't an easy one, and I won't be able to do it for each and everyone that has this problem.

The Patcher works wonders in that it automatically does all of this for you.. that's why were trying to get this figured out ;) Let me know and I can post that "version".. but again, if you're not comfortable with some script modding, this fix isn't going to be for you...

However, if you do not have mods that use an appearance.2da.. this fix will be a breeze :)
 stoffe
03-18-2006, 6:38 AM
The only thing I can't get is that it works for some and not for others... so the installer obviously works.. it worked 5 different times on my machine and I'm using a downloaded copy for testing purposes :giveup:

As far as I have been able to determine it has to do with a particular function (used to set the working folder for the script compiler) having different tolerance for errors in the folder path on Windows98 than it has on WindowsXP. I goofed up when building the folder path that would be set, it would end up looking something like:
"F:\KotORTSL\edit
...instead of...
F:\KotORTSL\edit

In Windows XP the function apparently ignored the initial quotation mark without error, while in Windows 98 it threw an exception with the mentioned error message. After correcting this mistake I was able to install the mod on my old Win98 machine.

Thus that error will never occur if you have Windows XP on your computer. Which is what I use on my machine, so I didn't discover the bug. Guess this is why the program will not be fully reliable unless others help me test it, just a shame the testing had to be the release version of your mod.

If I can get confirmation from someone else using Win98 that it works correctly now you'll probably have to re-upload a version of the mod using the fixed installer instead. Sorry about that.

Yah, I was afraid of that :fist: This could possibly cause a problem with foreign game versions you had stated earlier.. so I'll dig up a version of nwsscomp.exe that does look for the nwscript.nss (or is there a particular flag value I can assign in the changes.ini?)...

I prefer using nwnnsscomp.exe v1.0.1, which came with some earlier versions of KotorTool. It checks for nwscript.nss in the same folder as the EXE instead of digging it out from the game data using a "-g" flag. Thus I didn't think of how more recent versions work when I wrote that part of the Patcher.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-18-2006, 6:52 AM
I prefer using nwnnsscomp.exe v1.0.1, which came with some earlier versions of KotorTool. It checks for nwscript.nss in the same folder as the EXE instead of digging it out from the game data using a "-g" flag. Thus I didn't think of how more recent versions work when I wrote that part of the Patcher.Ahh.. that may explain something.. because I put in the "-g 2" flag in the installer's "Script compiler flags" value.. I wonder if just removing that from the changes.ini would do the trick?

EDIT: Nope.. DON'T DO THAT! hehehe.. ouch. Compiles, but the Kreia switch function buggered.
just a shame the testing had to be the release version of your mod.

If I can get confirmation from someone else using Win98 that it works correctly now you'll probably have to re-upload a version of the mod using the fixed installer instead. Sorry about that.
Again, you do not need to apologize.. there's no way of knowing something like this till it happens.. and I'm just as guilty because I tested this thing several times to make sure it worked ;) I'm glad it happened now rather than later down the road when it might have been even harder to troubleshoot .. hehehe

EDIT: this is my latest install log after setting to Level 4 feedback and removing the script compiler flags values...
• Installation started 3/18/2006 7:56:31 AM...
• Loading StrRef token table...
• Install path set to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\.
• Adding new row (index 1012) to 2DA file globalcat.2da...
• Saving unaltered backup copy of globalcat.2da in C:\Documents and Settings\ChAiNz\Desktop\Kreias Assorted Robes\backup\globalcat.2da
• Updated 2DA file C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\override\globalcat.2da.
• Modifying file "appearance.2da" found in Override folder...
• Adding new row (index 701) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY1 token! Storing value "701" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 702) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY2 token! Storing value "702" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 703) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY3 token! Storing value "703" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 704) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY4 token! Storing value "704" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 705) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY5 token! Storing value "705" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 706) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY6 token! Storing value "706" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 707) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY7 token! Storing value "707" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 708) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY8 token! Storing value "708" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 709) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY9 token! Storing value "709" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 710) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY10 token! Storing value "710" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 711) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY11 token! Storing value "711" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 712) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY12 token! Storing value "712" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 713) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY13 token! Storing value "713" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 714) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY14 token! Storing value "714" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 715) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY15 token! Storing value "715" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 716) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY16 token! Storing value "716" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 717) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY17 token! Storing value "717" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 718) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY18 token! Storing value "718" from 2da to memory...
• Saving unaltered backup copy of appearance.2da in C:\Documents and Settings\ChAiNz\Desktop\Kreias Assorted Robes\backup\appearance.2da
• Updated 2DA file C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\override\appearance.2da.
• Script "k_oei_hench_inc.nss" has no start function, assuming include file. Compile skipped...
• Making backup copy of script file "k_oei_spawn.nss" found in override...
• NWNNSSComp says: Lookup path root set to: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\
• NWNNSSComp says: Compiling: k_oei_spawn.nss
• NWNNSSComp says: Total Execution time = 140 ms
• Making backup copy of script file "k_oei_userdef.nss" found in override...
• Replacing tokens in script k_oei_userdef.nss...
• Compiling modified script k_oei_userdef.nss...
• NWNNSSComp says: Lookup path root set to: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR\
• NWNNSSComp says: Compiling: k_oei_userdef.nss
• NWNNSSComp says: Total Execution time = 125 ms
• Installing unmodified files...
• Copying file kds_workb_rep.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_204door_dlg.dlg to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_desk_dlg.dlg to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_kolto_dlg.dlg to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_robedone_dlg.dlg to the override folder...
• Copying file remote.dlg to the override folder...
• Copying file k_204tel_enter.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file k_701area_enter.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_204door_dlg.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_204doorchk.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_204medcomm.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_701plcbkor.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_compchk.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_desk_dlg.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_functions.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_kolto_dlg.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_meddoorchk.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_poison.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_robedone_dlg.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file old_204tel_enter.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file old_701area_enter.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file tk_remote_getinf.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h02.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h03.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h04.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h05.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h08.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h09.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h10.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h12.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h13.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h14.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h15.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h17.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h18.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h19.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h21.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h27.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1hMN.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1hOF.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h02.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h03.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h04.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h05.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h08.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h09.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h10.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h12.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h13.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h14.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h15.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h17.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h18.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h19.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h21.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h27.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1hMN.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1hOF.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file ia_slave_255.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file ip_pltuseitm_255.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file N_TrayaA.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file N_TrayaH.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA02.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA03.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA04.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA05.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA08.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA09.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA10.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA12.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA13.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA14.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA15.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA17.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA18.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA19.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA21.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA27.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaAmn.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH02.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH03.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH04.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH05.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH08.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH09.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH10.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH12.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH13.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH14.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH15.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH17.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH18.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH19.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH21.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH27.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA02.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA03.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA04.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA05.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA08.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA09.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA10.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA12.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA13.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA14.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA15.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA17.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA18.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA19.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA21.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA27.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaAmn.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_drdprobe.utc to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_materials.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_mech_jrnl.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_mech_parts.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file kreia_shroud.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_204_medcomm.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_701plcbkor2.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_701plcbkor3.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_701plcbkor.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_desk.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_invis1.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_invis2.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_khag.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_kiosk.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_lockerlg.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_medcan.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_metalbox.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_partpile.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_pc_kolto.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_plstccrt.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_sign.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_smdoor.utp to the override folder...
• Done. All changes have been applied.
 oldflash
03-18-2006, 9:36 AM
...If I can get confirmation from someone else using Win98 that it works correctly now you'll probably have to re-upload a version of the mod using the fixed installer instead...

• Error: Unable to find compiled version of file, k_oei_spawn.nss! The compilation probably failed. Skipping...
• Error: Unable to find compiled version of file, k_oei_userdef.nss! The compilation probably failed. Skipping...
• Copying file kds_204door_dlg.dlg to the override folde...
This is new but you come close. :)
@ChAiNz.2da There is nothing wrong with pack. It's work perfect under XP but under win98... I'm sure stoffe -mkb- will fix that problem.
 stoffe
03-18-2006, 9:42 AM
• Error: Unable to find compiled version of file, k_oei_spawn.nss! The compilation probably failed. Skipping...
• Error: Unable to find compiled version of file, k_oei_userdef.nss! The compilation probably failed. Skipping...
(snip!)
This is new but you come close. :)

Hmm, that was with LogLevel set to 3, correct? My guess is that the compilation failed in nwnnsscomp. Maybe you encountered the same problem I did at first when testing on my old Win98 machine (with the compiler printing some cryptic error message). I had to replace the script compiler with an older version for it to work (I assumed it was since I didn't have TSL installed on that machine).

Could you please test replacing the nwnnsscomp.exe in the tslpatchdata folder with this one (http://www.algonet.se/~stoffe/nwnnsscomp.rar). Then open changes.ini and remove the ScriptCompilerFlags=-g 2 line in the [Settings] section, change LogLevel to 4, and then try again? That would be very helpful in figuring out what's going on. Thanks. :)
 shinyjedi
03-18-2006, 12:14 PM
<whine, sniffle> Hey you twelve thumbed idiots, this thing refuses to work in my 486 with that copy of Ubuntu linux my buddy in me modded one night when we were really ripped. I thought you guys tested these things toroughly!?!?!?!

Seriously, That's what betas and modding forums are for, right? To work out the kinks in otherwise good programs?
Besides, if I wasn't too stubborn to migrate to XP, I wouldn't be having these problems in the first place.
@stoffe-mkb:
I downloaded the nwnnsscomp.exe you noted in your last post, unarchived it in the tslpatch folder, overwriting the existing file and redid the installer with a (mostly) clean, and at least fresh install of the game. Got the same choke point. If somebody wants to either post the installer with level 4 activated or tell me how to activate level 4 on the one I have, I'll run it again and post the log file. I replaced the 2da files afterward with those I'd backed up (see, I CAN learn!) before running the install. The game seems intact. I haven't progressed far enough to get party members in this iteration, but I'm not getting the crashes at location transition that I was getting before. So the major crash I had was most likely unrelated to anything we're duscussing here. I wish I knew more about programming so I could be more helpful

@ChAINz.2da:
I'm not even gonna think about trying the hack fix. If it's all the same to you, I'll just wait for the finished product :) I've got my shield switched on now, so I'm ready for beta testing. I mean, I'm gonna be using the thing, the least I can do is help to make sure it's 100%

Agreed. I removed the "hack" fix now that a proper one has been found. Thank you for your help in finding it :D ~ ChAiNz.2da

I'm using Win98SE, updated to about 6 months ago. It's a really old install, though, going on 3 years, so there's probably lots of gremlins lurking in corners. DX is 9.0c, and I'm using a Gforce 4 video card (which some games don't much care for, I hear) The game is running in D:\program files\lucasarts\kotor2. It's fully patched, finally. I've also got the USM mod and svosh's robes and collars mods installed, along with easy swoop racing and a few other, less intrusive tweaks.

Feel free to PM or email or just post, I'm keeping an eye on this thread. Any help I can be of, I will be happy to provide.
Thanks again for all your great work.

[edit] I belatedly went back and ran stoffe's first bug fixed tlspatcher.exe and now have much more information. The logfile shows only 2 errors; The first is
Error: Unable to find compiled version of file, k_oei_spawn.nss! The compilation probably failed. Skipping
And the second is;

Error: Unable to find compiled version of file, k_oei_userdef.nss! The compilation probably failed. Skipping.

Note that this is with the updated nwnnsscomp.rar already in place
I hope this helps.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-18-2006, 12:27 PM
<whine, sniffle> Hey you twelve thumbed idiots, this thing refuses to work in my 486 with that copy of Ubuntu linux my buddy in me modded one night when we were really ripped. I thought you guys tested these things toroughly!?!?!?!
LOL! thanks for the cheering up ;)

If somebody wants to either post the installer with level 4 activated or tell me how to activate level 4 on the one I have, I'll run it again and post the log file.
That's an easy one I can answer.. hehehe..

- Just open the "changes.ini" file (in the "tslpatchdata" folder) with notepad.
- Just a few lines down, change the entry:

LogLevel=3 ---to---> LogLevel=4

- Save
- Then try a re-install

Thanks for helping us out on the troubleshooting.. I really appreciate it :)
 stoffe
03-18-2006, 4:20 PM
I downloaded the nwnnsscomp.exe you noted in your last post, unarchived it in the tslpatch folder, overwriting the existing file and redid the installer with a (mostly) clean, and at least fresh install of the game. Got the same choke point.

Did you use the fixed TSLPatcher or the original one when you did this? The original one was bugged, so it shouldn't work regardless of which script compiler you use. Did you try the fixed TSLPatcher.exe and the old nwnnsscomp.exe I posted above?

If you did, and it still chokes with an "invalid filename" exception I have absolutely no idea what could be wrong since it works on my own old Windows98 machine now (which the original didn't, producing the error posted here) and it seems like oldflash got past that point as well.

I belatedly went back and ran stoffe's first bug fixed tlspatcher.exe and now have much more information. The logfile shows only 2 errors; The first is
Error: Unable to find compiled version of file, k_oei_spawn.nss! The compilation probably failed. Skipping

This was with the older version of nwnnsscomp.exe posted above? If so, did you edit changes.ini to remove the ScriptCompilerFlags key under the [Settings] section as well? If not, that is probably the cause of this error, since those flags aren't recognized by the older script compiler, which would result in an invalid command line, and no properly compiled scripts.

If not, please check what the progress log says with lvl 4 debug output enabled. Nwnnsscomp will probably print an error message that can give some clue.
 shinyjedi
03-18-2006, 8:17 PM
Here it is run from the tslpatcher.exe with the newer nwnnsscomp.exe. and set to level 4. Note that I restored the entire override to the backup I made just prior to the first attempt, so this should be fairly clean.

• Installation started 3/18/06 7:18:49 PM...
• Loading StrRef token table...
• Install path set to D:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\.
• Adding new row (index 1011) to 2DA file globalcat.2da...
• Updated 2DA file D:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\override\globalcat.2da.
• Copying file "appearance.2da" to Override folder...
• Adding new row (index 671) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY1 token! Storing value "671" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 672) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY2 token! Storing value "672" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 673) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY3 token! Storing value "673" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 674) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY4 token! Storing value "674" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 675) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY5 token! Storing value "675" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 676) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY6 token! Storing value "676" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 677) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY7 token! Storing value "677" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 678) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY8 token! Storing value "678" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 679) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY9 token! Storing value "679" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 680) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY10 token! Storing value "680" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 681) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY11 token! Storing value "681" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 682) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY12 token! Storing value "682" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 683) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY13 token! Storing value "683" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 684) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY14 token! Storing value "684" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 685) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY15 token! Storing value "685" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 686) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY16 token! Storing value "686" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 687) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY17 token! Storing value "687" from 2da to memory...
• Adding new row (index 688) to 2DA file appearance.2da...
• Found a 2DAMEMORY18 token! Storing value "688" from 2da to memory...
• Updated 2DA file D:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\override\appearance.2da.
• NWNNSSComp says: Error: Unable to open input file "-g"
• Replacing tokens in script k_oei_userdef.nss...
• Copying file kds_204door_dlg.dlg to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_desk_dlg.dlg to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_kolto_dlg.dlg to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_robedone_dlg.dlg to the override folder...
• Copying file remote.dlg to the override folder...
• Copying file k_204tel_enter.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file k_701area_enter.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_204door_dlg.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_204doorchk.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_204medcomm.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_701plcbkor.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_compchk.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_desk_dlg.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_functions.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_kolto_dlg.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_meddoorchk.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_poison.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_robedone_dlg.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file old_204tel_enter.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file old_701area_enter.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file tk_remote_getinf.ncs to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h02.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h03.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h04.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h05.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h08.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h09.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h10.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h12.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h13.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h14.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h15.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h17.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h18.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h19.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h21.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h27.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1hMN.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1hOF.mdl to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h02.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h03.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h04.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h05.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h08.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h09.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h10.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h12.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h13.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h14.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h15.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h17.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h18.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h19.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h21.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1h27.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1hMN.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file P_Kreia1hOF.mdx to the override folder...
• Copying file ia_slave_255.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file ip_pltuseitm_255.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file N_TrayaA.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file N_TrayaH.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA02.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA03.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA04.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA05.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA08.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA09.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA10.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA12.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA13.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA14.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA15.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA17.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA18.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA19.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA21.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA27.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaAmn.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH02.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH03.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH04.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH05.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH08.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH09.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH10.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH12.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH13.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH14.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH15.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH17.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH18.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH19.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH21.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaH27.tga to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA02.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA03.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA04.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA05.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA08.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA09.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA10.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA12.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA13.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA14.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA15.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA17.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA18.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA19.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA21.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA27.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaA.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file P_KreiaAmn.txi to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_drdprobe.utc to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_materials.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_mech_jrnl.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_mech_parts.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file kreia_shroud.uti to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_204_medcomm.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_701plcbkor2.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_701plcbkor3.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_701plcbkor.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_desk.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_invis1.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_invis2.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_khag.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_kiosk.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_lockerlg.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_medcan.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_metalbox.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_partpile.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_pc_kolto.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_plstccrt.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_sign.utp to the override folder...
• Copying file kds_smdoor.utp to the override folder...
• Done. Some changes may have been applied, but 2 errors were encountered!
 stoffe
03-18-2006, 9:39 PM
Here it is run from the tslpatcher.exe with the newer nwnnsscomp.exe. and set to level 4.
(snip)

As I suspected above, the "-g 2" commandline flag is not valid with the old script compiler version, resulting in a parameter string the compiler does not recognize. You'll have to remove the compiler commandline flags or it won't work:

Open changes.ini, found within the tslpatchdata folder that came with the mod, with Notepad. Look for the line that looks like...

ScriptCompilerFlags=-g 2

...and delete this entire line from the changes.ini file. Save your changes, then try to install again. Hopefully it should run without errors this time. :)
 shinyjedi
03-18-2006, 10:34 PM
:king1: :king1: And HUZZAH! :king1: :king1:

The installer returns no errors. I still have to mush through the rest of peragus to get Kriea in my party to verify success, but the installer ran the mod through.

Thank you one and all, I'm off to play the game! :)
 Kelathinadun
03-18-2006, 11:07 PM
How does stoffe think of these things? It works on mine as well....gods...stoffe must be a genius.
~Frank
 shinyjedi
03-18-2006, 11:55 PM
Confirmation that equipping Krieia with different robes changes her appearance. No game problems, everything A-okay. Thanks ChAINz and Stoffe, jobz a goodun!
 oldflash
03-19-2006, 4:39 AM
It was ok. After removing line"ScriptCompilerFlags= -g 2 " and with nwnnsscomp and TSLPatcher.exe its work just fine.
 ChAiNz.2da
03-19-2006, 7:19 AM
How does stoffe think of these things? It works on mine as well....gods...stoffe must be a genius.
~Frank
I would have to agree :D

Oh wow.. Thank You so much stoffe.. and to the rest of you for helping me troubleshoot this pain in the arse.. hehehe

- shinyjedi
- Kelathinadun
- olflash

You're all heroes in my book. And you'll get proper credit when I release a "fix it" :D

So, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I need to start using:
- the old compiler (v1.01 I assume)
- NO script compiler flags
- the new TSLPatcher.exe
- and include an updated nwscript.nss from now on?

If so, I'll make a mini-patch that I can post here & on my site in case anyone else should have this problem... :)

Again, thank you all... and especially to you stoffe, you've saved the day once again.
 stoffe
03-19-2006, 7:36 AM
(s)The installer returns no errors.
(k)It works on mine as well...
(o)After removing line (snip) and with nwnnsscomp and TSLPatcher.exe its work just fine.

Aha, it seems like it works for everyone at last. For now. Thanks for the help in finding and getting rid of this bug everyone. :)

So, and please correct me if I'm wrong, I need to start using:
- the old compiler (v1.01 I assume)
- NO script compiler flags
- the new TSLPatcher.exe
- and include an updated nwscript.nss from now on?

That should do it. NWNNSSComp v1.0.1 (Fred Tetra edition) with a fixed nwscript.nss in the tslpatchdata folder and then use TSLPatcher v1.2.6a (wip v2) as installer and it should (hopefully) work on Win98/2K as well as XP.

(nwnnsscomp v1.0.1 won't need any extra commandline flags since the installer already uses the -c and -o flags on its own.)

Again, thank you all... and especially to you stoffe, you've saved the day once again.

It would of course have been preferable if there wasn't any need to save a day to begin with, but mistakes are easy to make and hard to spot with limited programming skills. At least there is one less problem now. :)
 ChAiNz.2da
03-19-2006, 8:43 AM
Kreai's Assorted Robe Collection - Compile Problem Fix

CLICK HERE to download The Kreia's Robes FIX (554kb) (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/KreiaRobes/TSL-KreiasRobesFix_v1.0.rar)

1. Installation of Fix:
===============

IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ & FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY:

1. - Unpack the original Kreia's Assorted Robe archive and drag-n-drop the folder
"Kreias Assorted Robes" onto your desktop. You can move it later after install.

Download here if you no longer have a copy:
http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/KreiaRobes.htm)

2. - Next, copy all the files (folders and all) from THIS archive

"TSL-KreiasRobesFix_v1.0.rar"

into the folder mentioned above (Kreias Assorted Robes). Be sure to overwrite EVERYTHING it "warns" you about.
(Click Yes To All)

3. - Now, open the folder "Kreias Assorted Robes" and double-click (run) the application:
"KreiasRobes_Installer.exe"

2. DESCRIPTION:
=============

Apparently, the compiler used in the original mod has problems executing normally under
the Win98 & Win2000 Operating Systems. This Fix will...well, fix it :) This fix is also safe
with the WinXP OS as well.

I'd like to give my upmost appreciation & Thank You's to the following people, as without
their help.. and initial warnings about this problem.. things could've gotten ugly. They spent
several days troubleshooting and narrowed down the problem to it's core.

Thanks to them, this Fix is available.

[] stoffe -mkb-
[] shinyjedi
[] Kelathinadun
[] oldflash

Thank you everyone for the help! :)
 Mr Maniac
03-29-2006, 7:15 PM
There is some problem with the completed shroud. For Will Saves, I get some insanely high number, something like -23045367 (that's the number of digits, not the actual number). For blaster bolt deflection I just get a 0.

Also, the placeable thing in Korriban that gives you the shroud materials will keep regenerating with more materials if you exit the area and enter again.
Page: 1 of 2