Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Acclamator = Infinite Torpedos?

Page: 1 of 1
 Quantium
03-10-2006, 6:55 PM
Hi there. I'm posting this in case our friends at Petroglyph haven't caught this bug. I started a Quick Match today, Space 1 vs.1. I was getting my butt kicked so I pulled out couple of Acclamator cruisers. The guy starts calling me a cheater and I'm like wtf, so I look at my ships and they're shooting a long line of torps at his frigates!

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9787/eawbug11wh.png)

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/8059/eawbug22jp.png)

It keeps going until he blows up the launcher, but the other ones are exactally the same. I did a lvl 1 upgrade to ship weapons, thats it. It's not a graphical glitch since each hit reduced the points of his hard points accordingly. Also, the Acclamators I spawned afterwards did not do this, but he said they were invisible to him.
 EAWFAN
03-10-2006, 8:38 PM
the first part was just a glitch and rarly happens the second part with the invisible thing happens to me all the time mon cals sd anything can become invisible to the enemy because of either a glitch in one persons game or gamespy had a glitch\lag and the texture disapeared along with the ability to target the invisible ship. i wouldnt worry about it glitchs happen in every game that i have played so far and there is nothing we can do about it because glitchs happen in all online gameson gamespy xfire or some other name
 arkodeon
03-10-2006, 10:06 PM
The only way he could possibly call you a cheat is if you somehow secretly placed new XML files, which is impossible.

Therefore, it IS a glitch on the server-side, and not your fault. ;) You're not at fault, so don't worry.

PS. Acclamators disappear frequently for me, but nothing else. :\ Weird.
 popcorn2008
03-11-2006, 7:25 AM
I too ran into the same exact problem with the Acclamator on a LAN game. It was real un fair watching lines of torpedoes fire upon my unsuspecting ships.
 Nakatomi2010
03-12-2006, 10:07 AM
Why can't these cool bugs happen to me....

Wonder if maybe talking toa 64-bit OS reduces some of these bugs.... I know the game isn't 64-bit, but the environment my game runs under is different than the environment most of you run under...
Page: 1 of 1