Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Birth Of The Old Republic

Page: 1 of 1
 Diego Varen
03-10-2006, 2:13 AM
Star Wars
Birth Of The Old Republic

25,000 before the Battle Of Yavin, the Old Republic was formed.

Jedi are not as known until later, but several Politicians has organised the Old Republic.

Whether they can last forever is unknown, however if the Old Republic suffer, they won't let it suffer too much...

For now, we shall make Characters for this and I shall start when ready.

Rules

1. You can't have more than one Character unless if you ask me.

2. You can't have Sith until later in the RPG, but for now you can have Politicians, Jedi or Republic Troops.

Here is how you set up your Character.

Name: Chancellor Ualdi Bйquй
Species: Human
Eye Colour: Blue
Hair Colour: White
Favourite Weapon(s): Blaster Pistol
Lightsaber Colour(s): None
Favourite Ship(s): The Endar Spire
Favourite Force Power(s): None
Master(s): None
Apprentice(s): None
Homeworld: Alderaan
Political Affiliation: Republic
Allies: Republic/Jedi
Enemies: Sith/Anyone who poses a threat to the Republic

Bio

Born several years before the Old Republic, he was the one who started the Old Republic. Many other Politicians and Jedi Knights helped him to start the Old Republic on Coruscant.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-10-2006, 2:17 AM
((Are we talking Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma old?))
 Diego Varen
03-10-2006, 2:24 AM
Are we talking Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma old?

In answer to your question, even older.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-10-2006, 2:28 AM
(So we're talking Naga Sadow old?)
 Diego Varen
03-10-2006, 2:33 AM
So we're talking Naga Sadow old?

He was around 5,000 years before BBY, this is 25,000 years so no.
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-10-2006, 2:46 AM
Well alright, I still don't understand who was around and the timeline and such to make a character.. might pass on this one..
 snowy_robbie
03-10-2006, 6:06 AM
Meh I'm in!

Name: Ward Lotara
Species: Humanoid (looks exactly like a human but is of the Lotaran Clan/Race)
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Brown
Favourite Weapon(s): Lotaran Ceremonial Blade, Vibro-Dagger
Lightsaber Colour(s): None
Favourite Ship(s): The Endar Spire, Raven-XIII
Favourite Force Power(s): None
Master: Chief Cyyihan Lotara (father, on his homeworld)
Apprentice: Vex Lotara (first born son, on his homeworld under the care of Cyyihan)
Homeworld: Unknown (the Lotaran Clan has lived on and ruled on their own planet for over 1,500 years)
Political Affiliation: Republic/Lotaran Clan
Allies: Republic/Lotaran Clan/Jedi
Enemies: Sith/Zakkarai Clan

Bio: Ward, heir to the Lotaran throne. A skilled warrior with a vibroblade, and a man who believes in order on a galactic scale and thus allies himself with the Rebublic. Grew up in the Lotaran lands, son of Chief Cyyihan and Lady Nelld. At age 19 he left his wife and children in the Lotaran lands to explore the galaxy as most Lotaran males do as they come of age, although most return at age 22 Ward did not. He stayed on aiding the Rebublic with both his skills and occasionally troops from the Lotaran lands. He currently serves (either as a guardian to Chancellor Ualdi Bйquй if thats ok) [or] (aboard the Endar Spire if thats not ok)
 Diego Varen
03-10-2006, 12:02 PM
You can be my guardian.
 Diego Varen
03-11-2006, 4:20 PM
(Due to lack of people, I'll start off. Note you can still join later. Just make a seperate post, before starting)

On the Endar Spire, Chancellor Ualdi Bйquй from Alderaan decided to travel to the empty Planet of Coruscant. Along with his guardian, Ward Lotara, they had plans to start a Republic. One that would keep control of the Galaxy.

The Endar Spire landed on Coruscant.
"I have plans Ward" Ualdi told him, "Together we shall start the Republic"
 Shadda
03-11-2006, 7:04 PM
(....:) im a little new on THESE forums but ill try my best

Name: Wind Meteor
Species: Human (but a bit shorter)
Eye colour: White
Hair colour: White (runs down to his shoulders)
Favorite weapon(s): Rare primitive Orange double-bladed lightsabre
Favorite ship(s): Anything avalable, usually public transport
Master: Rith Era (Great Wielder of the force, close to death now)
Apprentice: None
Homeworld: Naboo
Political Affiliation: Jedi
Allies: Republic
Enemies: Sith
Bio: Wind was born in secrecy on Naboo due to his unnatural powers. His parents were poor and when Wind was 7 monthes old, they had to abandon him. They were at their small table talking about where to leave him when someone burst threw the door, Rith Era. Rith explained that Wind would be safe with him and his talents would be kept secret. But Rith did not explain that he came to nurse his powers and that he too was a Jedi. Intill Wind was 15 Rith trained him, causing him to be extremely powerful in the ways of the force. At 15 though, Rith told him that he had to seek a better life but he could visit him whenever in need of advice. Rith didn't mention a better life wouldn't be avaliable to him because the Sith were growing stronger and would soon seek to kill him.
 Shadda
03-11-2006, 8:10 PM
The Swift Rider, a corellian freighter piloted and owned by a man called Tieu Firuen, was probally one of the worst comfortable ship in the galaxy. The insides where filled up by junk and suvineurs of many trips to many planets and the stench of sweat was massive.

"When are we going to get to wherever we are going.?" Wind asked, Wind made the mistake of saying that he would go anywhere the pilot was going.
"Lemme see." Tieu answered from the pilot seat up front. "Probally in twenty minutes."
"Good, it smells horrible in here." Wind said as waved the air in front of him, as if slapping away the smell.
"What did you say?" Tieu said sharply, He was offended.
"Errr... Nothing." Wind said nervously.
"Ohhhh no, bad, bad, bad." Tieu was looking at a screen Wind couldn't see.
"What is it?" Wind said as he twisted and turned in his seat belt, trying to see.
"Space pirates." Was all Tieu said, then an explosion rocked the ship.

Another explosion rammed the ship sideways. Then another missile hit the boosters of the ship, nearly destroying the engines, which would be fatal to the ship and Wind and the pilot.

"Aww Bantha!" Tieu said loudly. "Turning on emergecy boosters."
"How long will we last on them?" Wind asked.
"3 minutes, Because they too were damaged." Tieu said grimly. "We'll have to land or face these pirate's wrath."
Wind unbuckled his seat belt and came over to the Tieu. "How about that planet." He pointed to a fairly empty planet.
"Thats Coruscant, Nobody has claimed it or used it for anything." Tieu explained. "But sure, It'll work till i can fix this poor thing up."
Another missile darted towards the freighter and destroyed the emergecy boosters just as they entered Coruscant's orbit. Now, if they wanted too or not, they were going to land in Coruscant. Crash land.
 Diego Varen
03-12-2006, 3:21 AM
Wind and Tieu crawled out from the Swift Rider. Ualdi looked at them.
"Welcome to Coruscant" He said, "Home of the Republic.
I'm sure you can help us"
 Shadda
03-12-2006, 9:39 AM
Wind got up and looked at Ualdi. Then he looked at Tieu. "I thought this planet was empty and unclaimed." He whispered to Tieu
"Well my database said it was unclaimed. They must have not claimed it offically yet." Tieu whispered back.
Wind looked at Ualdi. "You got any spare parts for a freighter?" He looked down at the mass pile of rubble. It didn't look like the ship was whole enough to be fixed. "Well, do you got food?"
 Diego Varen
03-12-2006, 11:23 AM
"Yes I have food" Ualdi told him, "We have much too talk about"
 Shadda
03-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Wind grunted and said "I dunno what we have to talk about but lead on." Wind studied the landscape carefully. It was empty, with the occasional forest patches and lakes, it looked like it would never be filled up. And to fill up the entire planet, that would take thousands of years. And this 'Republic' well, their wasn't many goverments that contained more than one or two planets.
 Diego Varen
03-12-2006, 1:58 PM
Ualdi led Wind on.
"As I've said before" He started, "I think you can help us. Everyone has their special talents"
Ualdi sat on a forest stump.
"Sit" He told him.
Wind sat, unsure of what Ualdi would say.
"Now Wind" He said, "What help can you give to us?"
 Shadda
03-12-2006, 4:45 PM
"Well, what help do you want?" Wind said.
 Diego Varen
03-13-2006, 1:15 AM
"Well what can you offer us?" Ualdi asked, "Are you a warrior, healer? Anything?
 Shadda
03-13-2006, 8:40 AM
(lol, so im the first jedi on coruscant eh?)

Wind hesitated... "I'm both i guess..." He took out the old orange lightsabre from his belt, twirled it and stabed and fought and invisible oppenent, then brang it down on Tieu's arm, just barely cutting in. Tieu screeched in pain and kicked Wind. Wind came over to him and put his hand over the cut. Slowly, the cut started to heal, then their was nothing, only a small scar. Tieu stared amazed, forgeting that Wind could have taken off his arm there.
 Shadda
03-13-2006, 8:44 AM
Then he turned to a rock the size of a man. He concentraited on it, and soon, the rock began to lift. Wind concentraited more, then actully threw it with the force. "My old master always said that their was many more like me, hiding from their own powers, but he said that I was unusually stronger in the force than them." He looked over at a stunned Ualdi. "The force.... Why does he call it that I wonder?"
 Diego Varen
03-13-2006, 10:49 AM
"That is incredible" Ualdi said, looking at Wind, "What is this Force you speak of?"
 Shadda
03-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Wind said slowly. "My master talked about it all the time, Its the things around us, its everything. The force is everywhere but only people with Midiclorians like me can use it. I don't know what midiclorians are though, but my master says i have a lot. He says if I train hard enough, I could even move mountains with the force. And I have been training, but when i try to move a mountain, its as if I don't have the force with me." He sat down, remembering Rith Era, Wind's master. He was still back at Naboo, teaching other young ones that have been abandoned the ways of the force.
 Diego Varen
03-13-2006, 12:20 PM
(I was thinking of becoming your first Apprentice, who shall appear later).

"I think I have the perfect job for you" Ualdi said, "You shall teach people like yourself. You shall become the first person to train a new generation of people like you. What do you call your type of people anyway?"
 Shadda
03-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Wind stopped short... they didn't have a name.... "Yeda.... No wait, Jedi! We are called the Jedi!" Wind was smiling now. People capable of using the force now had a name.
 Diego Varen
03-13-2006, 1:02 PM
Jedi, Ualdi thought.
"Come Wind" Ualdi said, "We have much to do. You should start the new Jedi Council, while I call many Politicians from every Planet to help us build the Republic"

My second Character.

Name: Yeda Koon
Species: Kel Dor
Eye Colour: Unknown
Hair Colour: None
Favourite Weapon(s): Lightsaber/Blaster Pistol
Lightsaber Colour(s): Blue
Favourite Ship(s): Anything
Favourite Force Power(s): Heal
Master(s): Master Wind Meteor
Apprentice(s): None
Homeworld: Unknown
Political Affiliation: Republic/Jedi/Pirates
Allies: Republic/Jedi/Pirates
Enemies: Sith/Anyone who poses a threat to the Republic
 snowy_robbie
03-14-2006, 5:21 AM
(sorry been a while since i posted)

------------
Ward backed away from the group slowly. He was only a bodyguard after all and had already been at the back of the group.
"All this hokie nonsense about Jedi... wouldn't last five minutes against a Lotaran child!" he muttered to himself as he walked over to a makeshift lookout post.
"I mean the forss? What's that s'posed to be, some sort of weapon. I bet if someo..." Ward stopped mid sentance as he noticed a ship landing. "Space pirates... just my luck..."
"Chancellor Ualdi... we've got company."

Without waitng for a reply or even a look Ward dived foward off the tower, rolling as he hit the ground. He pounced onto his feet and sprinted foward drawing his vibro-dagger and jumping at the ship, stabbing it into the side and holding himself there, waitng for his prey to come out. As they walked out the landing door that opened below him he pounced down, using his knife to cut away their armor straps, then stabbing their open chests. Ward, however hadn't noticed the other two ships which had landed over behind a mill to the east.
"Great, it had to be a fleet." Ward then ducked inside the ship to cover himself from blaster fire as he awaited the Jedi's help, after all he wanted to see how he would fair in combat.
 snowy_robbie
03-14-2006, 5:24 AM
(btw I read this page http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Coruscant#History). Turns out Coruscant was used by the Rakata to build the Star Forge about 10,000 years before this is set, and that the planet already had a semi-big population as it was on the Corellian trade route or whatever. So basically I rekon we should find some evidense of this stuff and note it in the RP. Eg. we could find an old Star Forge building site.)
 Diego Varen
03-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Ualdi saw his Bodyguard fighting a fleet.
"Wind, help Ward out" Ualdi told him.
Wind ran towards the battle, while Ualdi retreated. He had ran for a while, unsure of where he was going. Ualdi slowed down to a walk. He tripped. Ualdi got up and saw an abandoned building. Ualdi walked inside. Inside it was dark and dusty. Ualdi saw a flashing Console. Ualdi touched it.
"You have recieved one message" The Console said.
Ualdi read the message.
The Star Forge has nearly been completed.
From the Rakatan Elders.
Ualdi got out his Comlink.
"Ward, once you have finished the battle, meet me along with Wind in an abandoned building. There is something you must see"
 Shadda
03-14-2006, 11:50 AM
(lmao u realise u just char-controlled, but its ok, i was going to run to the battle anyways. and how are you going to get ur 2nd char over here?? u could make him be like a slave to a politician that came here.)

Wind ran towards the battle. Their was now pirates streaming out of the ships. When he was close enough, Wind lept and ignited his lightsabre. He twirled around taking off heads and body parts at lightning speeds and agility. Wind held his lightsabre out to the side and force pulled a pirate near by to him. the pirate got pulled by some invisible force towards Wind and into his Wind's lightsabre. Wind force pushed a pirate into another, then stabbed both of them in the stomach. He force pushed 12 pirates away and threw his lightsabre, taking down 6. Wind and a pirate with a vibroblade circled each other, then Wind faked left, faked right, and stabbed the pirate in the heart. Wind made a boulder take out 8 other pirates. Then Wind slashed at rapid speeds, taking down 5. Wind looked around and saw the mass amounts of pirates. Wind deactivated his lightsabre and stepped back. Jedi were good, but not that good.
"Theirs to many of them, Ward." He called.
 Diego Varen
03-14-2006, 12:00 PM
(Here is my 2nd Character).

One of the surviving Pirates, Yeda Koon followed the Human and the Humanoid. Yeda raised his Blaster Pistol at the small Human.
"Don't move" He warned them.
 Shadda
03-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Wind's mind reacted instantly. If this guy was good, Wind thought, then he would keep the pistol trained on us and not let his mind swagger. That meant by the time Wind was halfway there the shot would be taken and Wind would be dead. Wind had to do something though. Faster than anyone could see, Wind turned around, ignited his lightsabre and swung at Yeda.
 Diego Varen
03-14-2006, 12:20 PM
The Human cut off Yeda's arm. Yeda yelled in pain. But then in front of the Human's eyes, his arm reappeared. Good as new.
 snowy_robbie
03-15-2006, 12:06 AM
Ward stared at the boy wide eyed.
"Ah...ah.... wha...? Whats goin' on here! His arm... I can see it on the ground, but it's in his hands!"

Ward had an idea of what was going on. He knew it had to be something to do with this foorse stuff. He could see it was a great gift, rather than the hinderance he had first thought it was. Ward drew his vibroblade in fear.
"Back, I'm warning you. You are unarmed... I ah... I mean you dropped your blaster so back away now."
 Diego Varen
03-15-2006, 3:05 AM
Yeda somehow pulled his Blaster back to him without moving. He put his Blaster back into his pocket.
 Shadda
03-15-2006, 2:04 PM
"Oh ****." Wind Muttered. "I'm one of you, Yeda." Using the force Wind took the blaster out of Yeda's pocket. "Come Yeda, Let us talk about this. It looks like you've arrived at a good time."
 Diego Varen
03-15-2006, 2:15 PM
"What do you mean?" Yeda asked, calmer then he was before, "What do you mean, you're one of me? Sure I can do some strange things, but I don't see how you can do it"
 Shadda
03-15-2006, 2:39 PM
Their are many other people in the world like you and me. I call us Jedi. We use this thing called the force to do different things. Like how you made that blaster come to you. Its strange that you came here, I am building a place for Jedi to come." Wind told Yeda
 Diego Varen
03-15-2006, 3:02 PM
"Sounds good" Yeda said, "But you seem to have been a so called Jedi for a long time. I was wondering, could you teach me?"
 Shadda
03-15-2006, 3:18 PM
Wind thought on that. Rith back at home couldn't train Jedi-learners forever, he was soon near death as well. "Yes, I accept.... Padawan." Wind didn't know why he said padawan, it was just something Rith called him when Rith was training Wind. "Come, Ualdi summons us." He started to walk towards Ualdi's signal.
 Diego Varen
03-15-2006, 4:16 PM
Ualdi waited in the abandoned building he had found. He had been reading about the Star Forge. He thought it was nothing serious. Just a factory that the Rakatan had built. He waited for Wind and Ward.
 Shadda
03-15-2006, 4:18 PM
Wind and the others finally managed to reach the building. "What is it?" Wind asked Ualdi.
 Diego Varen
03-15-2006, 4:25 PM
"In answer to your question Wind" Ualdi started, "This is an abandoned building that the Rakatan used on Coruscant, many years before us. They built something in which they called a Star Forge"
"What is the Star Forge?" Yeda asked.
"Who are you?" Ualdi asked.
"Yeda Koon" Yeda told him.
"Well in answer to your question, the Star Forge is a factory the Rakatan built many years ago" Ualdi told him, "Now do any of you two know this Yeda?"
 snowy_robbie
03-16-2006, 1:24 AM
"It would appear that he is like Wind, a user of this so called force. I was wrong about these Jedi, they are strong in battle, the Rebublic could use them. Wait a second... the Rakatan? Weren't they wiped out years ago?"
(Do ya mind if I have a second character, I'll make him but if you say no I'll just have him there but sort of just tagging along and waiting on the ship etc.)
--------------------------------
Name: 'Scan'
Species: Droid
Droid Type: Information Storage/Battle Droid
Appearance: A small floating droid much like 'Remote' of KotOR 2. Although he was originally meant for information storage on Ward's journey he has been adapted to fight and co-pilot the Raven-XII.
Favourite Weapons: Droid Blaster, EMP Emitter (shuts down all droids, including Scan, in the area).
Favourite Ship: Raven-XIII
Master: Ward Lotara (owner)
Homeworld: Built on Ward's homeplanet by a scrap metal dealer
Political Affiliation: Lotaran Clan
Allies: Lotaran Clan
Enemies: Sith/Zakkarai Clan
------------------------
"'Scan', get over here. I want you to download this information about the Ratakan and see if you can analyse it, to see who produced it,"
"Woo-doo,"
"Just hurry it up!"
"Dee-doop, Woo-deep, be-be-bi."
"A Rakatan? Weren't they wiped out years ago by a disease?"
"IEEEP!"
"You were created Rakatan?"
"DEEEP!"
"Ok, ok, calm down. I forgot ok. So they weren't all wiped out then?"
"Deeka-doo, Be-di-doop. Woop,"
"So most were killed off by a disease, but a few survived here an there?"
"Deep,"
"I see. This is strange. Scan, download any other information and head back to the ship to analyse the rest."
 Diego Varen
03-16-2006, 1:52 AM
(I don't mind you having another Character. As long as it's useful. No I'm kidding, you can have as much Characters as you want).

Ualdi, Wind, Ward, Yeda and Scan went to the Endar Spire that Ualdi and Ward had arrived on.
"Scan upload all the information on the Console" Ualdi told him.
As Scan went to upload the information, Yeda asked, "What are you doing on Coruscant?"
"Building a Repubic" Ualdi told him.
"But why start on Coruscant?" He asked.
"Because nothing lies on this Planet" He told him, "Or so I thought. As soon as Scan has uploaded the information, then we can knock that building down and start building"
 Shadda
03-16-2006, 8:46 AM
Wind sighed as he looked out the Endar Spire at the empty world. "Now how the hell am I going to build a building for Jedi." He sighed and went back to the others.
 Diego Varen
03-16-2006, 11:04 AM
"In answer to your question Wind" Ualdi told him, "There is plenty of space on Coruscant. It's you choice. I think it is wise though to build on from that abandoned building"
 Shadda
03-16-2006, 1:30 PM
"I suppose." Wind sighed."But my question was how am i going to get the supplies to build on it."
 Diego Varen
03-16-2006, 2:30 PM
"Well you could travel to Alderaan for supplies" Ualdi told him.
 Shadda
03-16-2006, 4:11 PM
(lmao what happened to Zieu the pilot

"Hmmm that might work... But the ship is destroyed." Wind said.
 Diego Varen
03-17-2006, 1:23 AM
"Well borrow the Endar Spire then" Ualdi told him, "We won't be needing it for a while and Tieu could take you there"
Page: 1 of 1