Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game Review Thread!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Psychochaos3
03-07-2006, 4:38 PM
After watching X-play I thought it would be great if I could do something like that on the boards. You tell people the pros and cons of any game you played and give it a score.
5-Phenomenal like Halo2 or Resident Evil 4
4-Great like Psychonauts
3- okay like Sonic adventure two or Star wars III
2-Poor Don't get these!
!-Horrible put it in a paper bag, put it on your neighbor's porch, set it on fire, and run like hell.
 zelda 41
03-07-2006, 4:48 PM
can we talk about splinter cell co-op theater? ^^

anyway, i hope kingdom hearts 2 gets a 5 out of 5.
 Psychochaos3
03-07-2006, 6:42 PM
can we talk about splinter cell co-op theater? ^^

anyway, i hope kingdom hearts 2 gets a 5 out of 5.
Here's my Preview of Kingdom Hearts 2.

The game starts with a brand new hero. The new hero Roxys stumbles upon our cryogenically frozen heroes from the Kingdom hearts one. After that you find yourself once again in control of Sora trying to solve one huge mystery that plagues the disney characters.

PROS
The gameplay is once again a more strategic version of Zelda. Your weapons will help you make mincemeat of your controller as you slash your way at disney slash. You can also summon Majestic creatures like Chicken little(?).

CONS
It's not out in the US yet. Until it's out I can't give you any cons.

Score
With the current info I give this game a 4 out of 5.
 KingCheez
03-07-2006, 7:27 PM
Halo 2 wasn't "phenomenal," it was trash without a story, ending, or online co-op.

Shadow of the Colossus: 6.

Holy crap. I cried near the end, for once. I never get touched by video games.

So what's it about? You get this horse, this bow, this sword. You're like, "HEY LOOK. I'M AN ADVENTURER."

So you're thrown in with the scraps of a plot, however not in a "we tried but failed" missing plot, but rather a "mysterious" lack of plot. Which is awesome.

So you go and see the colossus. Now wait something's wrong. This is no average every-day video game enemy. This is HUGE. You're like, "WTF. MY SWORD CANNOT KILL THAT." But it can!

You scale tons of varieties of colossi, with all sorts of different boss fights - a sand snake, a flying worm, all sorts of cool stuff.

And you travel the vast, beautiful environment, eating fruit to make you healthier if you want, eating... lizards to make you... stronger, and killing giant freaks.

I mean what more could you want? That's why Shadow of the Colossus gets a 6 out of 5. It was epic.

PROS: The gameplay, the monsters, the controls, the landscape.

CONS: It's too awesome, and will isolate you from society until you've beat every aspect of it.
 Psychochaos3
03-08-2006, 3:03 PM
Halo 2 wasn't "phenomenal," it was trash without a story, ending, or online co-op.

Halo 2 was built for people who just plain want gameplay not story.Not for anti-first-person-shooters.

Anyway here's my review of Shadow the hedgehog.

I can describe it in 1 word, disappointing to sonic fans.
Pros: The story was great. Nice boss battles. Ok graphics. Lots of amazing levels.

Cons: Missions that prevent you from zooming through the levels as fast as you can. Guns are not good for sonic games. Vehicles are too hard to control. Camera control is bad too.

Sega said that Shadow the Hedgehog was to test different new game features. Super abilities good. Guns and vehicles Bad.
I give shadow the Hedgehog a 2 out of 5. For Superfans of sonic only!
 Psychochaos3
03-08-2006, 3:54 PM
Here's my review of Shadow of the colossis.
Shadow of the collosis is a great game. It's about a hero who must kill every single collosis in exchange for getting a girl's soul back. It is different from any other adventure game. It's bosses,bosses and more bosses!
PROS: When you see a collosis you say "what the HELL!?!!!" but soon learn that if you have true gaming skills you can destroy it. Amazing boss battles (although nothing but boss battles)

CONS:Can't find any(kingcheez. too good insn't a con)
I give it a 5 out of 5. If it was free it would be perfect.
 Poopdogjr
03-17-2007, 7:20 PM
My review of Psychonauts. It is pure love in game format. that is all.
 Psychochaos3
03-17-2007, 7:52 PM
My review of Psychonauts. It is pure love in game format. that is all.
Don't bring back a long dead thread!
 martmeister
03-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Have you played Halo 3, yet? Microsoft needs to stick 'em on PC as well. Unless they're worried about Windows bogging everything down, cutting into the game's experience...
 Davinq
03-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Don't bring back a long dead thread!
He had to to get his 1,000 posts. At least he's bringing back posts of decent quality. *shrugs*
 martmeister
03-18-2007, 11:42 AM
^^^now, only >10K more to catch up with Avery. Get going!
 DarthAve
03-18-2007, 1:15 PM
DDR Ultramix 3 > Ultramix 2
Ultramix 2 < Ultramix
Ultramix <<< KotOR
Psychonauts > KorOR
Psychonauts > Ultramix 3
Psychonauts > Your mom
 Davinq
03-18-2007, 2:40 PM
KotOR 3!
 martmeister
03-19-2007, 7:35 PM
^^^do you think there's gonna be a KOTOR3?
 Davinq
03-19-2007, 7:47 PM
Well durr.

And an Imperial Commando, a Lego Star Wars 3, AND a JK4, AND a Psychonauts 2! :O

Nah. Take it as it comes, I say.
Page: 1 of 1