Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do people see me? (online)

Page: 1 of 1
 Bad boy30
03-06-2006, 3:35 PM
I love playing as a stealthed bothan but it drives me nuts when I am walking along go past or near someone and they shoot me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I do not run, roll, or jump and I'm stealthed. I just can't figure out how they spot me. I do run out in the open but I do it stealthed. Dark troopers kill me all the time and there have been a few times where vehicles have seen me while I was stealthed.
 PoiuyWired
03-06-2006, 3:40 PM
Well, the arc-caster tracks on invisible spies too.

Also you become visible when you pick up an item, or carries the flag.

Even when you are invisible you are not TOTALLY invisible, there is a blur/distortion on screen around your position, and people with sharp eyes can see them.

When you are even partially invisible, the red "TheSims" Diamond shows up on your head jsut like everybody else, a big ShootMe.

AIs can ALWAYS see you, stealth mode or not, they just won't open fire at you. So when I hunt Bothans I follow the guns of those AIs ... they basically point to where the Bothan is.
 TSR
03-17-2006, 8:12 AM
unless you are on xbox. he he.
actually, they dont see you if you go invisible with no one seeing. then there is only the distortion. if you go invisible with someone looking, they can
A) see the red "thesims" diamond (if it's turned on) and,
B) they will shoot at where you were when they saw you, and around that general area. if they hit, the AI will then know where you are.

Its best to go invisible in a corner somewhere, crouch, walk about a bit and then stand up and run around. works for me anyways.
 Genral O
03-31-2006, 1:33 PM
The bar that shows how much HP a ally or enemy has can show the amount of health a bothan spy in stealth mode has:ninja2: .The enemy unit probaly saw your health bar when their targeting dot pointed at you.
 Jaffa_Cake
07-05-2006, 3:21 PM
If your smart you'll be shooting randomly, if you hit something you've got a bothan. Many do this just shoot randomly. Stick to the places people won't usually go. You should be fine, especially when your stamina doesn't go down...
 taclled
07-05-2006, 3:56 PM
hi jaffa_cake 'member me
BTW i found a great tactic against bothans at random moment drop a mine here or there or grenandes or wat h jaffa siad
 Jaffa_Cake
07-05-2006, 4:04 PM
Delta! I haven't talked to you in about an hour and 15 minutes lol! Yeah dropping mines works, I usually get killed as well though.
 taclled
07-05-2006, 4:12 PM
another thing hug the wall
 Jaffa_Cake
07-05-2006, 4:23 PM
another thing hug the wall

Especially when your playing as a darktrooper, they have jetpacks but it's hard to use it when your being shot at from behind, damn rebels!
 taclled
07-05-2006, 4:30 PM
also try waiting for a bothan around a corner or go to a turret and hose down the empty air
 Earthwalker
09-09-2006, 3:12 AM
there is a blur/distortion on screen around your position, and people with sharp eyes can see them
Another reason for getting a high-quality large TV screen. :twogun:
Page: 1 of 1