Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

unit request

Page: 1 of 1
 taclled
03-04-2006, 5:48 AM
can some on make a clone commando with most of the weapons. im trying to learn but some ppl should know my skill with tutorials
im right now trying to make a jedi with all force powers and a rifle and lightsaber
 Arcane_Penguin
03-04-2006, 6:44 PM
i have a clone commando in my map, it uses the rep pistol but with the rifle animations so it looks like a DC-15, got 6 granades, chain gun, and remote droid, the Commando Rifle does nearly as much damage as the elite rifle but just a little more then a normal rifle

But it dont have Republic Commando so this is the bets skin i could make.

Good pistol with the rifle animation here, plus the damage it does.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Lana_Mistress/Clonerifle1.jpg)

Having problems with renaming people and weapons, so its still as "Clone Commander" and "rep_weap_inf_commandorifle"

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Lana_Mistress/Clonerifle.jpg)

NOTE: this pick is an old one, but its just a good view of the skin

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y159/Lana_Mistress/aaaaaa11111test.jpg)
 Arc9
03-04-2006, 8:18 PM
How do you skin???
 Niner_777
03-04-2006, 8:58 PM
There is a map for battlefront 1 called Kashyyyk: Shores (3.0) that has a pretty good commando. It comes with the DC-17M and attachments along with some sonic detonators. The map can found at: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Kashyyyk_Shores;47010)
 Alkonium
03-04-2006, 11:46 PM
There is a map for battlefront 1 called Kashyyyk: Shores (3.0) that has a pretty good commando. It comes with the DC-17M and attachments along with some sonic detonators. The map can found at: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Kashyyyk_Shores;47010)
Isn't it possible to port that unit over from BF1, with the modder's permission, of course?
 taclled
03-05-2006, 5:32 AM
Arcane penguin would by any chance tell me if i could down load that
 Arcane_Penguin
03-06-2006, 12:45 AM
no, but the maps about 95% done, jsut bug fixing. its called Clone Wars: Geonosiss

To Arc, skining is easy, just copy the side that has the skin you wanna change into your data_ABC/sides folder, then go into <side>/msh and open a tga image ((like, rep_inf_commander, (or go into rep/msh/PC and open rep_inf_trooper for EP2 clones) do all the editing there, then save it as something else ((like, rep_inf_commando))

Now go into the sides ODF folder and find some like, rep_inf_ep3_officer, open it with a text program ((like notepad,)) and add this to the bottom,

OverrideTexture = "XXX_XXX_XXXXXXXX"

((XXX_XXX_XXXXXXXX = name of tga fle for the skin, eg, rep_inf_commando)) just put the name of your texture in there, but don't add the .tga.

if you want to change the weapons, go into rep_inf_default_XXXXXXXX ((xxxxxxxx = name of person, ep, trooper, sniper, officer)) and go down tho th bottom, and theirs the weapons.

This is the weapon section for my clone commando

WEAPONSECTION = 1
WeaponName = "rep_weap_inf_commando_rifle"
WeaponAmmo = 6

WEAPONSECTION = 2
WeaponName = "rep_weap_inf_chaingun"
WeaponAmmo = 3

WEAPONSECTION = 3
WeaponName = "rep_weap_inf_thermaldetonator"
WeaponAmmo = 4
WeaponChannel = 1

WEAPONSECTION = 4
WeaponName = "rep_weap_inf_remotedroid"
WeaponAmmo = 1
WeaponChannel = 1

WEAPONSECTION = 5
WeaponName = "rep_weap_inf_powerup_dispenser"
WeaponAmmo = 3
WeaponChannel = 1

if you want to make new weapons, then you have to make new ODFs, ((like rep_weap_inf_XXXXXX
and rep_weap_inf_XXXXX_ord

and also in common com_weap_inf_XXXXXXX
and com_weap_inf_XXXXXXX

lol
 Arc9
03-06-2006, 7:31 AM
Thx arcane!

EDIT:Wait where are the side folders?
I can only find files,nothing else!
 Xbx_Inthusiast
03-06-2006, 9:40 AM
Any way to make a republic soldier have a saber yet?
 spaceholder999
03-06-2006, 9:50 AM
Yes, I've seen some pictures of it at gametoast.
 Arc9
03-06-2006, 10:04 AM
AHERM! QUESTIONS NEED ANSWERING!
 Arc9
03-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Arcane,can you tell me step by step on how to implement skins into maps,not just make them cuz i did exactly as you said but strangely it dosent show!
 zerted
03-06-2006, 12:33 PM
Read the Jedi Creation guide to learn how to make sides (and where all the folders are). The guide is in the mod tool's documentation folder.
 Arc9
03-06-2006, 2:12 PM
Zerted,no offense but i think you need to learn how to read! I dont want to make a new side,i want to change SKINS!
 zerted
03-06-2006, 7:05 PM
Thx arcane!

EDIT:Wait where are the side folders?
I can only find files,nothing else!

Any way to make a republic soldier have a saber yet?

Both questions are answered in the Jedi Creation guide.
 taclled
03-07-2006, 9:36 AM
HUH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
 arkodeon
03-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Zerted,no offense but i think you need to learn how to read! I dont want to make a new side,i want to change SKINS!

But he was correct in the sense that the Jedi Creation guide gives you an overview of how to apply different skins to different models.
Page: 1 of 1