Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A change ahead for Nightlight

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
02-28-2006, 9:08 PM
Hey there, nightlight forum people (that's right, all six or so of you).

Just thought I'd fill you in on a bit of a change coming up to Nightlight... mostly on the news page: I'm going to start using it as a bit of a blog. There's going to be a lot of things up there that'll just strike my fancy - what I think of Lost at the moment, any experiences I have, work exploits, etc. I'm NOT, however, going to post for the sake of posting. So it'll just be good quality musings there.

There'll still be the normal Nightlight updates, just some light reading material as well every now and then. And basically, if you just wanna go to Nightlight for the radio stuff, that's what the 'features' thing up the top is for.

Thoughts?
 davrosthedalek
02-28-2006, 9:15 PM
Sounds pretty good to me, gives us more of a reason to look at the site more often. And of course maybe more hits will inspire you to create far into the future so that one day I can turn on my nightlight playlist and just let it go for an entire lan party. Just make sure to muse about zombie linux badgers once in a while.
 Shadriss
03-03-2006, 9:30 PM
Long time listener to the Lost Cause series, MJ. I only found out tonight you guys still existed, so I'll be firing up LC2 after I finish this.

However, as I was sucking all those to my hard drive to listen to the Spoofy goodness, I tried to find Tierra de las Muertas as well... and couldn't. Being a fan of Grim Fandango as well, I realllllly wanted to hear this one.

And I cant!

So - where are they hiding? I've been through as much of the site as I could, and while there are some neat little pics and such that kinda tell me you did a cartoon version as well (which I ALSO could not find) still no series.

What gives? :)
 MJ
03-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Hello, Shadris. Welcome :)

The 3D cartoon version is a 'work in progress'

Tierra de los Muertos is slowly going online again, and is up to part 3. You can grab the first three parts from direct links off the main Nightlight page.
 MJ
03-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Now that I think of it, too many people are having trouble finding Tierra de los Muertos. I'll try and throw a page in the 'radio' section up by the end of the weekend.
 Shadriss
03-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Hello, Shadris. Welcome :)

The 3D cartoon version is a 'work in progress'

Tierra de los Muertos is slowly going online again, and is up to part 3. You can grab the first three parts from direct links off the main Nightlight page.

I tried that direct link - got a message back to the effect of "This page does not exist."

As I mentioned, I HAD tried everything. Nice remix on LC1, BTW - it took me an episode or two to realize you'd done a remix. But I do have to ask - you couldn't get the original gal to do Leer again, could you? :)
 MJ
03-04-2006, 5:05 PM
For Lost Cause 2? No, I couldn't. And I think it wound up funnier with Stanley doing a drag act :)

As for Tierra, read through the news posts and try the actual links in them. I'll fix up the Tierra page when I get home tonight. All will be made right...
 Shadriss
03-08-2006, 8:19 PM
Weekend PLus 4 days, MJ. I have parts two and three now (I'm silly, and didn't know I WASNT on the home page you meant... you know, with News?) but EP 1 has already scrolled off the bottom. REALLY wanna hear this one. :)

No pressure? :twogun:
 MJ
03-09-2006, 5:03 PM
Yeah... you kind of get used to that around here. Me saying 'weekend' means 'on that night I ended up going out with a couple of mates and drank more bourban and coke than is really advisable, and ended up passed out on my sister's bed cradling my two week old nephew'

It'll get done, at the very latest stage, when the next Nightlight update (next part of Lost Cause, probably) is done. In the meantime, here:

http://nightlight.grimfandango.net/radio/tierra1/part1.mp3)
 Shadriss
03-09-2006, 5:26 PM
Much appriciated. :) I know what you mean about delays though... I run into them a lot on my projects as well.
Page: 1 of 1