Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

WILL IT COST EXTRA $ TO TEAMSPEAK ON THE BATTLEFRONT?

Page: 1 of 1
 Flowing Force
02-28-2006, 8:11 PM
I've gone to the website, but because I don't understand heavy computer-talk, and don't know much about TeamSpeak, I'm kind of confused about the charges to connect with others.

There must be a server. So do I have to pay to use the server? What if *I* wish to serve, say, between me and a friend, maybe a few others. How would this be done, and at what cost?
 zerted
03-01-2006, 12:09 AM
Here is the TeamSpeak page: http://www.goteamspeak.com/)

TeamSpeak lets you talk to other people through the internet. Everyone logs onto a TeamSpeak server, and then can go into a 'room' to talk.

As long as you aren't trying to make money off it, it is free to use and host a server. Read through their web page to learn how to host a server. All it costs is the downloading time, an internet provider (you seem to already have one), a computer that can run the software, and the time it takes for you to learn to use the software.

(you don't need to post in many topics, just pick one for your thread)
 Flowing Force
03-01-2006, 1:23 PM
Thanks, Zerted. Good to see you here, on these forums, as well. Alot more placid here, it would seem... Not quite so bitter or hostile as the Lucas Arts forums.

Thanks for the tip, too, about multiple-postings. I've been pretty eager to get this thing going, and I honestly AM an intelligent man-- as you may already know-- but STILL couldn't figure out all the charges and costs that the website alludes to. Again, I really don't unerstand computer jargon at all, and went over all the terms and stuff A COUPLE OF TIMES, but-- when reading that sort of stuff-- I don't know what's important and what's just legal mumbo-jumbo. Believe me, I know that multiple-postings that ask for an answer might make me look a bit dim, but I just got desperate to have an answer. Having a real person tell me what I need to know is so much easier than trying to make sense of-- essentially-- a language I don't understand.

Thank you, again, and if anyone else can add helpful details to this thread, please do.
Page: 1 of 1