Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Console Control

Page: 1 of 1
 Gsccc
02-26-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm wondering if anyone else has descovered the mysterious console while in-game. If you hit the "~" button, a console drops down from the upper left corner labled "Console Control". Anyone know what this is for? Cheats? Debugging? Could it be usefull to mod the game? Or perhaps is there an XML that we can look at that will tell us more about it?

Its really interesting, but it bothers me that I dont know what it does. Kind of like a cave man coming across an AK-47. :)

-Gsccc
 stingerhs
02-26-2006, 11:34 PM
in most games, consoles are for entering commands into the game that the user isn't normally able to input via a hotkey. obviously, this almost always involves cheat codes, and it will sometimes allow for comprehensive debugging and developer options. and i do say sometimes since i've only played a couple of games that have a lot of developer options available to the user.

as for the console in E@W, the only input i've been able to get a response from is "?", and thats pretty much a universal console command for 'Help'. :rolleyes:
 Thought Process
02-27-2006, 11:29 PM
I posted a thread on this exact topic (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=161373).
Page: 1 of 1