Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Space Mines questions

Page: 1 of 1
 comlink
02-26-2006, 1:34 PM
Hello, new member to this forum and I've already learned a lot:) I got the full version the day it came out and I've already started modifying some basic things in the game. Added a couple new weapons from Star Wars spacesim games like Heavy Rockets and the Ion Torpedo (anti-shield, wish I could make it disable the ship like ion cannons did in the other games) and I've been working on my newest idea: space mines.

So far, I've modified the Gunboat to use the "Bombard" basic code from the Broadside Cruiser to dispense a new weapon I hacked together from the Siesmic Charge for the graphics and damage type. I used the <Projectile_Max_Scan_Range>750.0</Projectile_Max_Scan_Range> line so they'd aquire their own targets after being deployed, but what's happening is they get disgorged by the gunboat and then float away in a cone from the ship until they reach their max travel distance and detonate, without any sort of guidance. They also aren't exploding when they come into even direct contact with a ship until they reach the max range and explode anyway.

So, how can I make them stationary until they see a target, or if that's not possible, at least home in on a target they're floating by? Also, is there any proximity detonation line I can add so they explode after getting within so many units of an enemy?

A small problem I'm having is that they don't seem to be able to damage space stations at all. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated! If I manage to get this stuff working properly, I'll release it unto the world so at least other people can learn from my terrible mistakes:D
Page: 1 of 1