Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GO Team Venture!

Page: 1 of 1
 Smon
02-25-2006, 9:43 PM
 Mashi An'krekku
02-26-2006, 5:13 AM
I've only seen a few episodes (including the last one *sob*) but I really enjoy it a lot. I wish I could stay up late enough to watch it/my mom didn't think it was "dirty" (bah humbug, mum.)
So yeah, totally. GO TEAM VENTURE! *V siiiiign!*
 Smon
06-23-2006, 7:52 PM
Just saw the new episode on [AS]'s Fix. Wow. Great episode.
 Mashi An'krekku
06-23-2006, 11:08 PM
I have to remember to watch it on SUNDAIII.
 Smon
06-23-2006, 11:13 PM
It's still on [AS] actually and will be for a few more hours... just go to AdultSwim.com and clik Adult Swim Fix, you can watch it there.
 Poopdogjr
06-25-2006, 1:11 AM
Yep, this really is a great show. I think one of the coolest things about it, is that it actually has a kinda deep storyline. You would think it'd be really simple. But it's got some depth to it.

(Warning: Some Spoliers)Dr. Venture eating his brother in the first episode, and then having him comeback in the last, everyone going to college together, the mishap of the boys in the last episode, Dr. girlfriend leaving the Monarch, Phantom limb and the strangers, the mystery of the boys mother...

It's not just another random gag-a-thon. Not that there is anything wrong with random/gag-a-thon humor. I love me some Aqua Teen Hunger Force. It's just nice to have a change. Also gag-a-thon is now a word, I guess.

Plus, new season coming soon!
 Smon
06-25-2006, 1:16 AM
Wait until you see it. Holy ****. It explains a lot of things, here's some stuff I can say without spoiling the episode:
We get to see how they cope with the boys' death.
Jonas goes back to Spider-Skull Island.
The magic teaching beds have a darker purpose.
New villains such as:Tigeriffic, White Noise, Mr. Monday, and Sectopus.
The henchmen UNMASKED.
 DarthAve
06-25-2006, 1:18 AM
I totally should have watched the first season. The only episode I've seen it they're at this amusement park and the brother people join a group of orange helmet'd people to defete a legion of people who are dressed in bee costumes and live in a giant honeycomb. Also there's a panda in there somewhere.

I also recall seeing the garage sale episode, or was that a promo for it? meh.
 Mashi An'krekku
06-25-2006, 1:24 AM
White Noise? But that was going to be Elly's rapper name!
 Smon
06-25-2006, 1:26 AM
Not much is known about White Noise. He's a redneck white supremacist turned supervillain after a tragic T.V. repair accident.
 Poopdogjr
06-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Does the new season start tonight?
 Smon
06-25-2006, 2:29 PM
Yep. Better tune in.
 Poopdogjr
06-25-2006, 11:47 PM
I only caught the end, I got out of work late. I'll have to wait for the re-run later tonight. From what I saw though, it's still awesome.
 DarthAve
06-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Damn, I forgot. My mom made me watch this special about Waverly Hills Sanatorium with her. I'm lucky I didn't pee myself because

A)It was creepy as Smon's real face
B)I really had to go.

I'll catch a rerun or somthing.
 Smon
06-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Yeah, it'll be on later tonight. Luckily I'm staying at my Grandma's for the summer and she has Dish TV so [AS] starts at nine here.
 DarthAve
06-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Congradulations. I'm not watching it because I don't want to start an addiction. Also, i'm planning on staying up all night since that show has made me afraid of the dark.
 Poopdogjr
06-26-2006, 1:00 PM
O M G I watched that same Sanatorium thing a while back. It really was pretty freaky. When they had those laser pointers and used them on shadow ghosts was ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that I would ever go there at night alone. Unless I had one of those Ghost Buster guns. Then I would go crazy on that place.
 itchythesamurai
06-26-2006, 1:37 PM
Long time fan, myself. The Season One DVD is pretty great too, it actually has special features that aren't total crap. Thanks for no spoilers! I'm in Singapore for the summer and there's no Adult Swim or Adult Swim Fix over here (it's for continental US users only). Hopefully my friend is recording the episodes like I asked her to...
 Smon
06-26-2006, 3:40 PM
Ouch. No ASF... my favorite quote from last night's episode:
"Okay, any questions?"
"What will my position be in this new crime syndicate?"
"W-what? I don't know.. maybe-"
"I want to be President of Calendars!"
"...whatever crazy, anyone have any other questions?"
"This will be absolutely Monday-licious!"
"Anyone who isn't totally retarded?"
-The Monarch and Mr.Monday
 Poopdogjr
07-04-2006, 1:19 AM
I think my favorite part from the show the other night was when the Monarch's fat henchman was getting ready to go back to work, and he started humming out that theme song. And when he pretended to enter in a keypad code just to open his closet. Also the recruitement of inner city thugs for henchmen. Great stuff.
 Smon
07-04-2006, 3:20 AM
"Dude, wait outside, I don't wanna talk to your mom again."

"The mi-ghty MONARCH!"

Also the Monarch with the Hulk hands was ****ing classic.
 Poopdogjr
07-06-2006, 2:12 AM
Awww, you're right. The Monarch with hulk hands was good. You just knew he was going to have them make noises somehow.
 DarthAve
07-06-2006, 2:20 AM
O M G I watched that same Sanatorium thing a while back. It really was pretty freaky. When they had those laser pointers and used them on shadow ghosts was ridiculous. I'm pretty sure that I would ever go there at night alone. Unless I had one of those Ghost Buster guns. Then I would go crazy on that place.
OMG, the shadow people f***** my mind up seriously. They offer tours of there, I wanna go on one.

Also, I didn't watch Venture Brothers on Sunday. I probably would have, because everyone here larvs it, but I had no access to a television. :tear:
 Poopdogjr
07-11-2006, 12:06 PM
They have tours for that place? Wow. It would be freaky as hell, but most likely really fun too. Even better around Halloween.

As for Venture brothers, once again thise weeks episode rocked my socks. Favorite part: "Oh no! A teepee in my pants!They must be haunted!"

Also, anyone here ever watch Invader Zim? I'm getting interested in it now. It's awesome!
 Smon
07-11-2006, 12:28 PM
They have tours for that place? Wow. It would be freaky as hell, but most likely really fun too. Even better around Halloween.

As for Venture brothers, once again thise weeks episode rocked my socks. Favorite part: "Oh no! A teepee in my pants!They must be haunted!"

Also, anyone here ever watch Invader Zim? I'm getting interested in it now. It's awesome!
Big fan of Zim. Seen every episode.

Favorite quotes from last nights episode:

"You didn't tell me it was built ON AN INDIAN BURIAL GROUND!"

"...AGH! Just had to make sure..."

"Usually I do this on the 25th but I forgot this year was a leap year and they don't use that system so.. yeah."

"Hank, the apache are back!"
"Huh?"
"You've got a teepee pitched in your pants!"
"AH MY PANTS ARE HAUNTED MY PANTS ARE HAUNTED!!!"

"I can't believe he kept it after all these years..."

"What about a woman vampire?"
"A vampyr? Undead, don't count."

"You ready for anything?"
"Yes."
"...you still ready?"
"Ye-"
*gets hit in the leg with a cane*
"OWWWWW."
 Mashi An'krekku
07-11-2006, 3:53 PM
I saw that episode. Finally!
Molotov, yay!
 DarthAve
07-11-2006, 6:58 PM
Yeah, but a night tour is like 100 bucks.

I neglected to watch this weeks episode of VB cause American Ballroom Challange was on

And Yes, Invader Zim ROX! Even though when it first came out, I was a little creeped out by it.
 Poopdogjr
07-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Wait, do they have day tours of the sanatorium too? That would be lame to go there during the day. And although 100 seems sort of high, I might pay it to get really freaked out. And if I was rich.

And I totally see how the art style in Zim is sort of creepy. But, it sort of grew on me and I'm used to it now.

I've never watched American ballroom challenge, but I know those reality shows can be addicting...
 Smon
07-11-2006, 11:20 PM
You think Zim is creepy wait until you read Jhonen's other comic, Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.
 DarthAve
07-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I USED to think Zim was creepy, and I also used to think that Dib was hot.

But TIMES HAVE CHANGED! Zim totally is kewl and dib is a nerd, and not a hot nerd.
 Smon
07-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Dib is crazy.

Put him in one uh' those crazy buckets.
 Poopdogjr
07-18-2006, 8:21 PM
Yea, it's official. I love Invader Zim. I bought the volume 2 DVD and I love it. Horovitz or however you spell it is such a great voice actor. I loved him in Angry Beavers, Billy and Mandy, and now as Zim. Such good stuff. And Gir is absolutely hilarious. The art is so cool, the stories are funny, characters likeable. I can't beileve I missed this show, just like I missed Psychonauts.

I then searched high and low for the Invader Zim toys. I have a couple, but they are hard to come by. I got a talking Gir as a doggy, I love 'em. And I got a Zim, Gir, Gaz, Tall Red, and robo parents. Now all I have to do is find the 12inch MEGA GIR! Which will never happen, because all those Suncoast and Media Play stores in CT have closed. And he's like $90 on ebay. That isn't going to happen. Oh well. BOW TO ZIM!
 DarthAve
07-18-2006, 8:23 PM
I watched that Venture Brothers this week, cause I remembered.

It was ODD!!!
 Smon
07-18-2006, 8:30 PM
I watched that Venture Brothers this week, cause I remembered.

It was ODD!!!
This week...

Oh, you mean Escape to the House of Mummies Pt. 2?
 DarthAve
07-18-2006, 8:32 PM
Yeah, with that magic guy who kinda sings Opera sortof to me and Dr. Venture having a shrinking contest. And there was the albino dude and the midgit....

that show is truly odd.
 Smon
07-18-2006, 9:07 PM
"Slower than dungeon walls but not as slow as mad scientist walls..."
 Poopdogjr
07-24-2006, 1:59 AM
Awww, it was a re-run this week. Poor Hank and Dean with their constant dying.
 Poopdogjr
08-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Double Post!!!! ....of love for Venture Brothers. And The simpsons, Invader Zim, Freakazoid, Futurama, The Tick, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and then some.

I was trying to think of my favorite funny animated shows ever and these guys came up. I'm sure that there is some shows that I missed, and this list isn't including action cartoon thingees, and also I cannot put these shows into any sort of numerical order without having a brain hemmorage (spelling?) but there!

On topic: I once again I arrived home too late to catch the entire episode the other day. But the ending was neat. I have to check adultswim.com. I thought they had a commerical saying they played some shows online too.
 Smon
08-10-2006, 12:05 AM
Double Post!!!! ....of love for Venture Brothers. And The simpsons, Invader Zim, Freakazoid, Futurama, The Tick, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and then some.

I was trying to think of my favorite funny animated shows ever and these guys came up. I'm sure that there is some shows that I missed, and this list isn't including action cartoon thingees, and also I cannot put these shows into any sort of numerical order without having a brain hemmorage (spelling?) but there!

On topic: I once again I arrived home too late to catch the entire episode the other day. But the ending was neat. I have to check adultswim.com. I thought they had a commerical saying they played some shows online too.
What episode was that... was it "IGNORE ME!"?
 Poopdogjr
08-10-2006, 12:22 AM
I dunno, it might have been. It's the one where Dr. Ventures dad comes back to kill a robot? But it turns out he's just an alien.
 Smon
08-10-2006, 12:27 AM
I dunno, it might have been. It's the one where Dr. Ventures dad comes back to kill a robot? But it turns out he's just an alien.
Yeah... the robot kept saying IGNORE ME!

"Oh, I thought I was done with these F-ed up dreams."
"That was a weird one."
"Oh great, you can read my thoughts now too?!"
"IGNORE ME!"
"..."
"...yes I can."
-Dr.Venture and the Galactic Inquisitor
 Poopdogjr
09-25-2006, 1:46 AM
Dr. Henry Killinger is my new HERO!!!!!!!1!!1!
 Ray_the_psychic
09-25-2006, 1:49 AM
Team Venture 4-evur d00dz!!!1!!!1!!!1

Like, now it's totally time to go back in time and jack some beads from some of them gangs mann. 60's 4-evur bro!!!1
Page: 1 of 1