Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Starting a server - basic problem solved

Page: 1 of 1
 Earthwalker
02-24-2006, 6:44 AM
This, as the start of the command line in the .BAT file, did not run (the server started then stopped immediately):

"C:\Game Program Files\SWBF2 server\BattlefrontII.exe" /win /norender .....

This, however, DOES run:

cd C:\Game Program Files\SWBF2 server\
BattlefrontII.exe /win /norender ........

No quote marks, and these are two separate lines: the first line sets the current directory to the server's, the second line starts the server with a command line.

I want to use a .BAT file so that all the starting reinforcement counts are stored; (1) I want to avoid typing new ones in every time I run the DSmanager, (2) changing the ticket counts in one session changes or removes those in another session.

Something to do with Windows XP I expect...
 derheis
02-24-2006, 3:34 PM
Have you tried black bag ops tools?
 Earthwalker
02-25-2006, 1:08 AM
black bag ops tools

Thx; after downloading the server manager, I discovered there is already one present amongst the Lucasarts server software!
 derheis
02-26-2006, 4:52 PM
If you need help using it, there is a userguide.

www.blackbagops.com)

Go to the Battlefront 2 section and it's listed in the Userguide section (PDF).
 Earthwalker
02-27-2006, 2:15 AM
Is there any info on the command line for BattlefrontII.exe?

I use .BAT files for all my servers; the admin option I want most is the "boot on score lower than a minus value".
 Earthwalker
02-27-2006, 3:10 AM
Is there any info on the command line for BattlefrontII.exe?

OK now, I have just found the forum at blackbagops (I previously got "page not found" error).
Page: 1 of 1