Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Rebel Campaign Help

Page: 1 of 1
 Jmaster3265
02-21-2006, 6:16 PM
Hello everyone,

To start off, only reply to this if you've done or have beaten the rebel campaign. I am having some problems on one of the mission in the rebel campaign. The mission is "Needle in a Haystack" I try scanning the barrals but sometimes Han doesnt do it because, i'm intertupted by the Empire. There are so many barrals and i can never survive long because the Empire teams and kills me.
 Grimjack
02-21-2006, 7:45 PM
The first thing you have to do is go and take over every planet that you can. You're not going to be doing anything with a 78 unit limit. Use smugglers or C3P0 & R2D2 to look for the easy planets to take. Then move to the harder ones. By the time I did the mission that you are on, I owned almost half the map.

Build mines on any planets with open ground slots. You should also have smugglers stealing from every planet that you don't own (yet :)). That should take care of the money problems.
 Jmaster3265
02-21-2006, 7:49 PM
The first thing you have to do is go and take over every planet that you can. You're not going to be doing anything with a 78 unit limit. Use smugglers or C3P0 & R2D2 to look for the easy planets to take. Then move to the harder ones. By the time I did the mission that you are on, I owned almost half the map.

Build mines on any planets with open ground slots. You should also have smugglers stealing from every planet that you don't own (yet :)). That should take care of the money problems.

Are you thinking of the right mission? I edited this post. Man it must take a while for people to see edited posts, or you just skimmed it went back to it later and didnt check that i edited it. This is a new mission re-read it. I finished the before this.

p.s Doing little better, can some1 just send screen tell me which barral it is? I swear i scanned them all. And from memeory remb the ones i scanned restarted went to ones i missed. I can't find the correct barral...
 Ali1392
02-21-2006, 8:11 PM
i think its top left although the position might change
 Grimjack
02-21-2006, 8:35 PM
i think its top left although the position might change
I think it does because it was bottom left for me.

I was replying to the first post before. The one with the screenshot.
 Jmaster3265
02-21-2006, 8:44 PM
That really sucks if it changes each time. Very smart of them but unfair. Guess we'll never know. Anyways, how did you two manage to beat it just got lucky and found it? Any suggestions on pattern to go? tips to staying alive? etc. You have to admit it is a hard mission....Not like you can avoid the Imps its Imps vs Han Solo. Not very fair when hes being teamed on.
 pcgamer
02-22-2006, 5:29 AM
I beat it this way... its quite easy...

You need to go to the astroid field with only Han and Chewie... no backup ships needed.

The Millenium Falcon is fast so you should be able to go from one barrel to another with good timing ... just avoid the heavier ships you can see.. Also the Faclon has an invulnerable mode.. use it if you get into trouble...

I think the barrel position does change... but visit them.. the Imperial forces wont interrupt your search results if they talk over you, just watch the droid mesaage and it tells you when each barrel search is over...

Eventually an Empire Bounty Hunter will show up... stop your search and target him and do battle until he dies... rest to regain your shields and continue your search ... its obvious when you find it.

So... Han and Chewie alone... avoid big ships and take your time... its quite easy.

Hope this helps.
 Jmaster3265
02-22-2006, 7:38 PM
Not really, i have been doing everything you said. I keep getting teamed on..

p.s i thought when you get close to the barrals you scan them automatically? Look at this screenie i went to the next to the barral it isn't scanning or doing anything....I tried 8 times....

Now its being really cheap and i restarted. Boba keeps finding me even in the Nebula and once again i get teamed this mission is stupid and too hard for being set on easy....
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/9093/eawbug1jb.jpg)
 pcgamer
02-23-2006, 5:00 AM
Well... all I can say is that you need to get really close to the barrells maybe, its obvious when they start scanning...

Also, the Falcon is quick and you should be able to get away from most trouble and recharge your shields...
Page: 1 of 1