Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any chance of a BFII realism mod?

Page: 1 of 1
 Solo4114
02-21-2006, 4:28 PM
I do find the game enjoyable as a bot-killing exercise (haven't tried it online yet), but I have to say that the strength of weapons and general spamminess of the game royally suck. Personally, I hate having to blast some cheap robot five times in the chest to kill him. I recognize part of this is due to the accuracy of the weapons, but that's another issue, I think. While the weapons themselves should be accurate enough (IE: the charge flies straight from the barrel), movement should affect aim a lot more than it does.

I dunno, I guess I just really dislike the arcadeyness of the game. Things like cone fire and the weakness of weapons bother me. Anyone working on something to remedy this?
 ParanoidAndroid
02-21-2006, 5:31 PM
Not yet as far as I know, but as soon as the mod tools are released I'm sure somebody will make one.
 Solo4114
02-21-2006, 6:05 PM
There was a great one that added a bunch of content and replaced other stuff for BFI. Actually got me playing it again. I'm hoping something like it comes out for BFII. I can't stand the spamminess and quake style guns.
 zerted
02-24-2006, 1:05 AM
"Any chance of a BFII realism mod? "

Yes, a very good chance. www.battleforthegalaxy.com) is going to make one (a bunch of other places say they are going to make them too).
Page: 1 of 1