Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Oh my god... some sites really don't know what they're talking about!

Page: 1 of 1
 Sherack Nhar
08-02-2001, 6:52 PM
I recently came across a small article at Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com) concerning Star Wars: Starfighter. There was one paragraph describing what the game was all about. Buckle up and brace yourselves, you are going to be stunned:
Following its debut on PlayStation 2 towards the end of last year, Activision’s Starfighter is making the transition to PC in an almost exact translation. Based on the Naboo fighter from Episode 1, the title sticks you in the cockpit of Anakin Skywalker’s retro hunk of metal and charges you with the task of saving the early Alliance from the threat of the Empire. Unlike the namesake movie, turning into the most sensationally irritating brat ever conceived and squeaking like a stuck pig is unessential to overall success.
This description makes no sense! First they say Activision is the publisher. I know that Activision has a deal to publish LEC games in UK, but that's all! There no mention of Lucasarts anywhere! Second, they say it's based on Anakin's Naboo Starfighter... ROFLMAO!! And then, the best part: to save the early Alliance from the threat of the Empire. None of these parties even began to exist in Starfighter's timeframe...

What do you think??
 Darth_Rommel
08-02-2001, 6:54 PM
hmmm... strange :confused:
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 6:56 PM
it's a total mess.

but you can't expect all reviewers to know all things Star Wars though
 Superdog
08-02-2001, 8:13 PM
They could at least read the description on the back of the Jewel case.
 Darth Vader
08-02-2001, 8:25 PM
Super Dog is place that sells hot dogs near my house!!!!:D
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 9:09 PM
I wonder if they even played or lookat the game, maybe they just heard about it or some guy thought he knew what he was talking about based on the name.
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 11:12 PM
Those guys must be COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!!:atat: -------:c3po:
 Kvan
08-02-2001, 11:16 PM
......whats wrong with it? Don't you guys remember all that stuff happening? You guys must forget things a lot.
 Superdog
08-02-2001, 11:56 PM
You must have been doing some forgetting over the weekend, if ya know what I mean. *glug*glug* *wheeze*
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Superdog
You must have been doing some forgetting over the weekend, if ya know what I mean. *glug*glug* *wheeze*
Over the weekend, yesterday, and today....ah, whats the difference :D J/k, people drinking is not cool unless you are of legal age, thats what the government says and we have to follow the government. The government is your friend.
 Telephius
08-03-2001, 12:48 AM
Well they make them selves look like fools since most people readin this would be SW fans or at least saw the movies unless they were like these guys and were mezzmorized by the pretty flying things and the bright glowy lasers, missing the story and what was goig on.
 Kvan
08-03-2001, 1:02 AM
Originally posted by Telephius
Well they make them selves look like fools since most people readin this would be SW fans or at least saw the movies unless they were like these guys and were mezzmorized by the pretty flying things and the bright glowy lasers, missing the story and what was goig on.
*looks up at the night sky* ohhhhh...pretty shiny things...oooooo...
 Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 5:00 AM
thank goodness this is already in off-topic...
:D
 Sherack Nhar
08-03-2001, 1:12 PM
Of course! Do you imagine a moderator posting in the wrong forum, and then moving its own topic? :D
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 2:18 PM
Yes, that would be strange, but not impossible. Hehe :D

Anyways, i wonder just how many Non-Star Wars fans actually buy the Lucasarts games, ya know, just for the gameplay.
 Telephius
08-03-2001, 2:20 PM
I think just for gameplay only a few, you don't have to be hardcore to buy a SW game but thats what the game is about.
Page: 1 of 1