Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

1.08 Multiple Server instance

Page: 1 of 1
 derheis
02-20-2006, 9:59 PM
Has anyone successfully managed to run multiple instances of the server? I followed the instructions in the guide and all I get is an instance error. I know the 1.0 version you can install the server multiple times, but in this version that is not possible. Any suggestions?
 KillaBite
02-21-2006, 2:33 PM
I have had no problems running 2 instances of our servers. I have both our main and our practice server running on separate server managers. I've made two shortcuts on the server desktop with "swbf2sm.exe -port 3558 -config main" and "swbf2sm.exe -port 3558 -config practice". Settings are being stored in folders in the settings folders of the server install. Both launch, neither complain.

KB
 derheis
02-21-2006, 3:04 PM
Hmm. I noticed that the switches are inside the "" while mine has mine outside of them. I'll give that a try. Thank you very much for the insight and I will let you know of my status. Cheers.

Update: Sweet! It works. Thanks man. I will pass this to those who need help.
 KillaBite
02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
No problem dude, glad I could help. Check out our FA server, -=Fallen Angels=-www.thefalife.com) ! :)

KB
Page: 1 of 1