Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I need a little help with modding if you may...

Page: 1 of 1
 Executence
02-20-2006, 6:48 PM
Hello, Im trying to get the Ventaor in the game, and to mod in general. I have downloaded the XML extractor neededo make changes/modifications in the game. I also have created a file called XML in the Gamedata/data directory. However, when I copy and paste the XML file Uniqueunits.xml for example into the folder, the game will not start. It goes to the first screen and then back to the desktop. Im a beginner when it comes to this stuff, but would love to make the changes I want to make.. What are the steps I need to do to:
1) Get those XML files into the XML folder to override the MEG files and run the game.
2) If I want to add the Venator as seen in the demo, how can I copy and paste those values into the full version from Braynts Mod.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as it would help me add/change things in the future.
Thanks!

PS How can you take "override" off these threads when I write?
 dookie23
02-20-2006, 7:12 PM
hiya, well the most simple way to do it is by replacing the model of a existing one.
Page: 1 of 1