Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Figuring out Damage in the XML

Page: 1 of 1
 MistenTH
02-20-2006, 12:07 PM
Damage confuses me, anyone can help? There seem to be conflicting values in difference files. So which value is activated in-game?

For instance, the Mon Cal cruiser's turbolasers have their own damage in the SPACEUNITSCAPITAL, while the turbolaser lasers themselves have their own damage in PROJECTILES.

By the same token, the Impstar does not have its own damage in SPACEUNITSCAPITAL.

For fighters, they have a damage in SQUADRONS, but their projectile also has a damage rating in PROJECTILES.

I understand the modifiers in GAMECONSTANTS.

And on a side note, from the XML, I don't see what makes the Assault Frigate better than the Neb-B. From the values, the enhanced turbolasers seem to do less damage. And also, in SPACEUNITSFIGHTERS, the TIE Fighter is listed as having 10 fighters in 1 squadron. It only has 7 in-game. So what determines it? It's not SQUADRONS.
 Orao
02-20-2006, 12:30 PM
I did some testings and I found that what matters is the dammage set in projectils.

As for bebulon vs assault well you have more accuracy withassault frigate. That part is described too in hardpoints.xml
 Zarkis
02-20-2006, 3:49 PM
I think that <damage> in the ship xml files has nothing to do with weapon damage, but sets collison damage. Basic damage of all weapons is in projectiles.xml. Some weapons are tweaked in the hardpoint.xml (look for the Mon Calamari Cruiser for an example). The damage is further teaked against armor in gameconstants.xml.
 Son Tenchi
02-20-2006, 7:35 PM
where are all these xml files? i only have on xml file in my entire game dir. and that is the megafiles.xml
 arkodeon
02-20-2006, 8:00 PM
For me, well, for the Venator anyways, modifying the single <damage> value made the Venator more powerful; when battling four Venators against an Imperial, I found that the increased value decreased the time it took to destroy the Star Destroyer.

I don't really know, though, as I am not a programmer. I don't really understand those XML things. XD
Page: 1 of 1