Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Game freezes almost every time in space

Page: 1 of 1
 BinaryZero
02-19-2006, 8:04 PM
Even after installing the 1.1 patch, the game seems to freeze in space on a consistent basis. (I think I've only been able to get through one entire space battle without freezing out of about a dozen attempts.)

The game has never frozen at any time other than during a space mission. Not on the ground, or menus, or anything else... just space.

Fiddling with graphics settings doesn't seem to help, this happens on 1280x960 w/ 2xAA, 0xAA, and 1280x1024 resolution.

GeForce 6600
Athlon XP 3200+
1GB dual channel RAM
 BinaryZero
02-20-2006, 6:32 PM
A little extra info:

The game only freezes up when I'm actually in a ship. Running around or manning turrets doesn't seem to cause a problem.

The game also seems more apt to freeze right when an explosion should happen, for example when I blow up a frigate.
 BinaryZero
02-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Not suprisingly, updating to the latest graphics drivers (came out for Windows x64 just a week or so ago) fixed the problem. Played about four whole space battles online and nary a glitch to be seen.

A mod can lock this now. :)
 zerted
02-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Glad you could help yourself :)
Page: 1 of 1