Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

game crashing

Page: 1 of 1
 jorville
02-17-2006, 11:27 AM
I installed the game and directx and when i tried to run the game my computer crashes and reboots and says it has recovered from a fatal system error. When i run the analysis program that comes with the game i pass all the test except the mhz test, it says i have 399 mhz but i have an amd athlon 1800+ which is well above 399 mhz, ive tried reinstalling, closing all background programs, i have a sony vaio pcg-nvr23 running windows xp with a nvidia geforce4 420 go, any suggestions?
 DarthMaulUK
02-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Check this forum thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=155333) and update your graphic card drivers.

DMUK
 jorville
02-17-2006, 10:05 PM
after looking through the nvidia site i didnt see my card listed under any of their drivers, maybe i missed it but i looked several times, i downloaded forceware 81.98 winxp and tried it but it said i didnt have hardware that applied. i also download the 1.2 update but the game still crashes and reboots my computer, i also noticed that while logged onto the internet that my computer passes the mhz test with over 1500mhz but when i disconnect it fails at 399mhz, but the game still crashes even on the internet, can someone point me to the correct drivers for a nvidia geforce4 420 go card or have a diffrent solution for the problem? any suggestions would be welcome, im not gonna have internet access after sunday and im on dialup so im kinda in a hurry to get it fixed so i got something to do without the internet, thanks
 Battlestar
02-18-2006, 8:12 AM
 jorville
02-20-2006, 1:02 PM
thats the one i already tried, no luck, it said something like it found no hardware that applied or some such
 Battlestar
02-20-2006, 2:31 PM
Well then you have some problems because your card is supported with those drivers. Try to uninstall the ones you have now that may be the problem. Otherwise you may have to get a new card.
Page: 1 of 1