Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Help! Problem with patch 1.1 update

Page: 1 of 1
 Anakin_Krist
02-17-2006, 11:22 AM
After playing galactic conquest for many hours, I decided I want to try against other players. Empire at War said that to play multiplayer it is required I get this patch. I got the patch and install it. I launch the game and to my surprise: "Please insert the original SWEAW_1 cd/dvd". I was very frustrated, as I have the DVD in the drive and it is the "original" and only CD. It it brand new today and worked before patch. How can I play multiplayer if I can't get the patch working? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

If it helps: I'm from England.
 DarthMaulUK
02-17-2006, 11:53 AM
Odd one this. try re-installing the game then applying the patch.

DMUK
 rhinooneshot
02-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi, I have also had the exact same problem today with the new patch. I have uninstalled game then reinstalled played for a couple of hours then i downloaded patch again same problem as first time.
 Anakin_Krist
02-17-2006, 2:00 PM
Hi, I have also had the exact same problem today with the new patch. I have uninstalled game then reinstalled played for a couple of hours then i downloaded patch again same problem as first time.

Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't fix this. I can't seem to find a viable solution. Can anyone else?
 rhinooneshot
02-17-2006, 2:45 PM
Uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't fix this. I can't seem to find a viable solution. Can anyone else?

I have posted on lucas arts forum about the problem that we both seem to have. Has anybody else had or got this problem??
 Anakin_Krist
02-17-2006, 3:53 PM
I've been posting on the petroglyph fan forums too. Need to get help and get it ASAP, I WANT TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER
Page: 1 of 1