Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding question

Page: 1 of 1
 Zeikcied
02-17-2006, 1:09 AM
I haven't played the full version of Empire At War yet, though I plan on getting it really soon. And I have never done any mods, so I'm sort of hoping that, if what I'm thinking of is possible, that someone may like the idea. Or maybe that it would be easy enough for me to do it myself.

But, I was wondering, how many factions can this game support within a single Galactic Conquest campaign?

I ask because I think it would be cool to take each of the Star Wars time period mods, once they are released, and put them all together in one giant mod. I want to see KOTOR-era units and factions going at it with Clone Wars factions, Galactic Civil War factions, and post-ROTJ factions. Along with any other timeline being used for a Star Wars mod. Sure, that would be over eight factions, so again I don't know how many the game supports. Maybe it's just the crazy dream of a Star Wars fan to see Darth Malak and Darth Revan going against Darth Tyranus, Darth Vader, and Darth Sidious. Maybe Darth Maul thrown in there for good luck.

Of course, if it must be simplified, you could just put the Sith-based factions together, and combine the Republic-based factions, then add in the other remaining factions.

I'm just throwing out ideas. I don't know if it would even be possible.
 Admiral Sith
02-17-2006, 9:51 AM
Depends on if the mods change the interface, but yeah you could edit the mods so they fit together
 arkodeon
02-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Perhaps if it does not support more than three factions, you can always clump the Sith-based and Light Side-Based into two groups, and use the Tech Tree to go through the eras.

For example, Tech One would be Darth Malak and Revan and their Leviathan and co. against the Republic fleets.

Tech Two would be the Battle of Ruusan...etc. etc.
Page: 1 of 1