Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do I swing from pole to pole?

Page: 1 of 1
 tjip
02-15-2006, 11:52 AM
I'm having difficulties with a part in the first training session in Coach Oleander's mind.

I have to get up a tall wall by swinging and jumping from pole to pole. Jumping from one pole to another is easy, as long as I'm facing the right way. After a couple of jumps, halfway up the first part of the wall, I have to turn around to jump in the other direction.

How the h*** do I change direction (so that Ras faces the other way) when I'm hanging from a pole? If I press UP, Ras climbs towards the wall, and if I press DOWN, he climbs out from the wall. LEFT/RIGHT only starts him swinging, and SPACE doesn't seem to work unless I'm facing the way I want to jump, I don't think I can jump backwards.

Help is deeply appreciated. This is really annyoing, since it's not actually a puzzle.
 Thrik
02-15-2006, 12:18 PM
As far as I remember you use the "use" key, which is by default return on the PC I think. It also pops up briefly at one point I think, though you probably missed it while being distracted by the jumping around.
 kaecla
02-15-2006, 8:43 PM
I think the key you're looking for is f.
 tjip
02-16-2006, 1:06 AM
F is the answer. Forgot to try that one. Thanks a lot!
 kaecla
02-16-2006, 8:39 PM
No problem. I think it tells you when you explore the kids cabin area.
Page: 1 of 1