Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Changes to the Euro version of Psychonauts

Page: 1 of 1
 Lyris
02-13-2006, 8:27 PM
A friend playing the European PS2 version has just told me that the Cobweb Duster costs 400 arrowheads on this version - instead of the slightly ridiculous 800 us Yank Gamers had to put up with. Good move if you ask me.

Do any of the poor PAL gamers who had to wait 10 months for this game have any other secrets to share with us?

Edit: sorry, the guy was wrong - false alarm. It still costs 800 arrowheads.
 Huz
02-13-2006, 9:00 PM
Definitely a good move. I got bored of the game for a while because I couldn't afford a cobweb duster, and getting enough arrowheads seemed a long way away.

This was mainly because I had overlooked the Dowsing Rod, though. :(
 Lyris
02-13-2006, 9:03 PM
I couldn't work out how to get the dowsing rod to work!

I used the Infinite Arrowheads cheat and don't regret it.
 Thrik
02-13-2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah, the cobweb duster can be a serious pain if you don't gradually pick up arrowheads prior to needing it. It's not so bad if you collect as you go along, though.

It'd be nice if they released a new patch to generalize the compatibility between the European and US versions, and of course apply changes like this.

If anybody spots other changes, do share! It could make for a nice little section on the site.
 Sanspoof
02-14-2006, 8:21 PM
I had no problem getting enough arrowheads for the duster. Takes you about ten minutes with the dowsing rod.
 Erumaro
02-15-2006, 3:30 AM
The cobweb duster costs 800 arrowheads in the german xbox version (PAL). The dowsing rod works wonders, didn't take too much time to get the 800 arrowheads. Now, I have so many that I already bought everything in the shop :)
 Lyris
02-15-2006, 7:02 AM
Sorry, the guy was wrong. He said that it cost "400 or something" and I instantly wrongly assumed that they'd changed it, since that happened to be exactly half the price on the original version.

A pity they didn't change it though - I could *never* get the dousing rod to properly work. I button mashed all the time but could never get any arrowheads out.
 Joshi
02-15-2006, 7:52 AM
you had to do it in the just the right place, if you were facing the right direction and you were in the right spot, it was sometimes real easy to get arrowheads using the dowsing rod. But yeah, sometimes it took way too much button mashing.
 Erumaro
02-15-2006, 8:26 AM
A pity they didn't change it though - I could *never* get the dousing rod to properly work. I button mashed all the time but could never get any arrowheads out.

It is pretty easy with the xbox-controller. In addition to the ingame-sound changing the controller starts rumbling harder and harder when you get closer to the arrowhead. If you can't get it out by button mashing you are not close enough anyway.
 Joshi
02-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Psychonauts is finally out here on Friday (well, the X-Box version anyway, I'm not sure if all are, but I'd guess they are) and if so I may well buy it (despite the fact that I already own it, but to have it in DVD format would be so convenient) and if so, I'll try to report on any differences with the game between the British and US versions. I may not though, money's a little tight at the moment.
 Lyris
02-15-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't think there will be any differences at all - other than the EU version obviously having all of the dubbed dialogue on the disc as well as the translated text.
 Erumaro
02-16-2006, 4:59 AM
I don't think there will be any differences at all - other than the EU version obviously having all of the dubbed dialogue on the disc as well as the translated text.

I think so, too. If I turn the language settings of my xbox to "English" the game will completely run in english, including dialogue, text, everything. That's actually pretty neat.
 Jintor
02-18-2006, 5:43 AM
It's 700 arrowheads here in Australia.
 BobbinT
03-27-2006, 7:10 AM
I have the PC version and it took ages to find enough arrowheads. It's really hard to find the spot. Except where the gold dubloon is. Walk as close to the inside and you can easily get them.
 Razclock
03-27-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm in Wngland and in my version the Cobweb Duster still costs 800 arrowheads. But I'm really good with the Dowsing Rod so I got enough easily
 Speckman
03-29-2006, 1:12 AM
It's 700 arrowheads here in Australia

I could swear the my Aus version has 800 for the duster...
 Jintor
03-31-2006, 7:57 AM
You're right. I was wrong. I apologise in full.
Page: 1 of 1