Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Manny-Velasco Poem by the Limbo

Page: 1 of 1
 I say, I say
02-12-2006, 1:39 PM
After playing Grim Fandango once again, I was urged to go to the Moon by the SS Limbo and 'use' it. To my surprise, Manny and Velasco have this haunting poem they receit each time when you 'use' the Moon. Like some scenes in the game it struck me- and I wondered if it is indeed just from the game or from another source. The full verse I have put below.

" It shone pale as bone, as I stood there alone, and I thought to myself; how the moon casts its light, on my heart's true delight and the reef where her body was strewn"
 VampireNaomi
02-13-2006, 1:05 AM
I've never seen it anywhere else and Googling it leads to LucasArts related sites, so I guess it was written for the game. It's a very good poem.
 Shuz
02-16-2006, 1:58 AM
On the TIm Fandango site you can read all the poems in the game. The actual Grim Fandango one is my favourite.
 VampireNaomi
02-16-2006, 9:11 AM
I agree, Shuz. It's indeed beautiful. If it weren't so long, it would be great to have it tattooed somewhere. :D I wonder what "With bony hands I hold my partner, on soulless feet we cross the floor" would look like on someone's shoulder.
 Flibbo
02-28-2006, 3:24 PM
"It seems his skin was sweet as mango, when last i held him to my breast, but now we dance this grim fandango, and will for years before we rest"

Oh how i love that poem.
I think Shone pale as bone is still my favourite, but i still adore Grim Fandango.
Page: 1 of 1