Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] mjpb3's BloodRayne PC

Page: 1 of 1
 mjpb3
02-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Original request:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=159486)

I saw this request and thought it was such a good idea I
did a bit of reskinning and made a BloodRayne mod for K2.

Reskinned the pale Twi'lek assassin's (Twin Sun) outfit
to make Rayne's red and black catsuit.

Hope you like her as much as I do:)

------------------------------------------------------------

The look I was going for: Original Rayne (http://gamemods.mjpb3.net/original-rayne.jpg)

Please view the mod page for installation instructions.

http://gamemods.mjpb3.net/sm-Screen-8.jpg)

Here's the link:
http://www.cjt0202.net/mjpb3mods.php)
http://gamemods.mjpb3.net/)

As always, feedback is welcomed.

Enjoy!
 T7nowhere
02-08-2006, 2:05 PM
Great looking skin mjpb3, I think I might just have to give my Female consular an appearance change ;)
 Jackel
02-08-2006, 3:17 PM
Nice. Hmm time for a certain little bounty hunter to become a little more dangerous ...
 Alkonium
02-08-2006, 4:44 PM
That link doesn't work, it says bandwidth exceeded. I suggest you try pcgamemods.
 mjpb3
02-08-2006, 5:13 PM
WOW! I didn't know she would be so popular ;P

Sorry about this folks, but I still seem to be having problems uploading to PCGameMods. (I keep getting a filesize error)

Anyway, for now, y'all will just have to slow down the downloads until I can get her uploaded to PCGameMods correctly.
 Jackel
02-08-2006, 5:33 PM
Might take a while to get pcgamemods working right, its been doing that file size error for a few days now. I know they are working on it so it should hopefully be fixed soon.

Oh and heck yes this mod is going to be popular :P
 mjpb3
02-08-2006, 5:59 PM
Might take a while to get pcgamemods working right, its been doing that file size error for a few days now. I know they are working on it so it should hopefully be fixed soon.

well, darn it! I was hoping it was only my connection that was goofing up.

I'll keep trying, though...

Oh and heck yes this mod is going to be popular :P

LOL! Well, I'm glad someone approves ;P
 rogue_kiss
02-08-2006, 11:19 PM
Looks hot! Too bad about that bandwith thing... Does this happen to be posted elsewhere to download, I hope (please, please...)
 RedHawke
02-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Very nice skinning job there mjpb3! :thumbsup: Sexah! :naughty:

Does this happen to be posted elsewhere to download, I hope (please, please...)
Unless is says so in the release post above, which it doesn't, so sadly your answer is... no.

I have to wait as well. Curse having to do other things like sleep! :fist:

@ Welcome to the forums rogue_kiss! :D
 mjpb3
02-09-2006, 12:17 AM
I am REALLY sorry about this people.

I packaged this mod today in hopes of getting it on PCGM, but I keep getting this error:

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]:stat failed for temp/mjpb3-BloodRayne_As_PC_k2.rar in /home/web/pcgm3/upload.php on line 225

EVERYTIME I try to upload, so the above link is the only place I have this mod currently, at least until PCGM is fixed.

I'm glad you all like her though, but I truly apologize about the link/bandwidth thingy...

I DIDN'T THINK SHE'D BE THIS POPULAR... LOL!
 stingerhs
02-09-2006, 1:12 AM
I DIDN'T THINK SHE'D BE THIS POPULAR... LOL!you underestimate the power of male hormones. [/vader]

:xp:

great skin, though. :D
 Nodakrattler
02-09-2006, 1:30 AM
What about Lucasfiles.com (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?action=category&id=0) . I'll admit to looking there onces and awhile to see if anything made it there that didn't get posted on pcgamemods.com.
 mjpb3
02-09-2006, 6:00 AM
What about Lucasfiles.com (http://www.lucasfiles.com/index.php?action=category&id=0) . I'll admit to looking there onces and awhile to see if anything made it there that didn't get posted on pcgamemods.com.

Yep, I thought of that, too.

I'm gonna try PCGM a few more times, though.

If I can't get it uploaded there, I am gonna use Lucasfiles.
 Jaraen
02-09-2006, 8:42 AM
Why you dont upload it at Rapidshare till you can use PCGM ?
 ChAiNz.2da
02-09-2006, 9:07 AM
Hey mjpb3

Obviously I can't do this for everyone, but when I see a mod that is highly popular, but having access problems.. how can I resist? ...hehehe

If you'd like, I can host the mod for you. I have uber-tons of space and bandwidth.. and I host other Modders' mods as well as my own.. Plus I'm one of the lucky ones to snag a copy before the bandwidth problems :devsmoke:

It may be a little inconvenient if you need to update it in the future (you'd have to send me a new version).. but hey, at least it would be available :D

Let me know (here or PM's) and I can post your mod to my site and I'll provide you a download link you can use however you wish (your own site, here at LF, etc.).. you can even use it once PCGM works for you as well..

Just let me know :)
 Darth333
02-09-2006, 9:48 AM
If you chose to upload it to LucasFiles (which is officially endorsed by LA btw), let me know and I'll see if I can ensure that your .rar file is accepted ;)

Nice mod! I'll be using it too :D
 Bob Lion54
02-09-2006, 12:15 PM
You know, its mods like this that make me want to play another game of K2.

Very nice. I love the detail.

note to self: Check back tommorow for download
 mjpb3
02-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Hey mjpb3

Obviously I can't do this for everyone, but when I see a mod that is highly popular, but having access problems.. how can I resist? ...hehehe

If you'd like, I can host the mod for you. I have uber-tons of space and bandwidth.. and I host other Modders' mods as well as my own.. Plus I'm one of the lucky ones to snag a copy before the bandwidth problems :devsmoke:

It may be a little inconvenient if you need to update it in the future (you'd have to send me a new version).. but hey, at least it would be available :D

Let me know (here or PM's) and I can post your mod to my site and I'll provide you a download link you can use however you wish (your own site, here at LF, etc.).. you can even use it once PCGM works for you as well..

Just let me know :)

Chainz, that would be wonderful! Thank you. :)

As soon as PCGM is fixed I'll get it thrown up there.

Can you PM your email, I had a new version where I fixed her
eyes a bit that I'd like used instead.

And again, thank you :)
 mjpb3
02-09-2006, 12:51 PM
If you chose to upload it to LucasFiles (which is officially endorsed by LA btw), let me know and I'll see if I can speed up the process and ensure that your .rar file is accepted ;)

Nice mod! I'll be using it too :D

Yes, I'd still like it on Lucas Files, that way I have a backup :)
Thanks D3, I appreciate it.

EDIT:
You know, its mods like this that make me want to play another game of K2.

Very nice. I love the detail.

note to self: Check back tommorow for download

Thanks! :)

------
(Whoops! Sorry about so many posts, T7... I got carried away :))
 Joris1
02-09-2006, 2:35 PM
Can you send me the mod via e-mail? The download link failed!

~snip~

mjpb3 is right, currently we don't allow e-mail addie posting, however, she will have a fix for the link soon ;) (trust me) hehehe ~ ChAiNz.2da
 mjpb3
02-09-2006, 2:47 PM
Can you send me the mod via e-mail? The download link failed!

You not supposed to post email addresses.

Give me a little bit of time, I am working on a solution to the download link :)
 Joris1
02-09-2006, 3:30 PM
You not supposed to post email addresses.

Sorry! I don't know that! Why is this so?

Give me a little bit of time, I am working on a solution to the download link

Okay, than I must have patience :)
 ChAiNz.2da
02-09-2006, 3:31 PM
Kewl.. well now that we have a fixed Download Link (1st post link works).. I can leave some feedback :D

Fantastic skinning job mjpb3! :thumbsup:

Definitely a hottie, and my next Female PC will defiitely be sporting this skin :naughty: hehehe...

*- I'd also like to remind the people who have already downloaded it, that mjpb3 has done a tweak on the eyes.. may want to grab the new version if you haven't already ;)
 Joris1
02-09-2006, 3:38 PM
Yes, a great skin! In my opinion your best mod!
 mjpb3
02-09-2006, 5:35 PM
Yes, a great skin! In my opinion your best mod!

Aww, hey, thanks for that. That makes it all worth it :)
 rgdelta
02-09-2006, 10:30 PM
This skin replaces the RGB Redhead I was using for development of TSL Enhanced so I have a new looking PC to play with :-)

Edit: It would be cool if she had a DS Transition.
 mjpb3
02-10-2006, 10:56 AM
This skin replaces the RGB Redhead I was using for development of TSL Enhanced so I have a new looking PC to play with :-)

Edit: It would be cool if she had a DS Transition.
I worked too long on her to make her look zombified, hence no true darkside transitions, except for eyes and lipstick color.

(Besides, I hardly ever play darkside, so when I do play a ds game, the transitions are quite shocking shock1 )

You are more than welcome to make your own for your game :D
 rgdelta
02-10-2006, 9:16 PM
I would but I am still trying to figure out DS transitions but nice sith tattos would be cool heh

When it comes to skins or graphics I am not that artistic to do it right I try but I fail heh
 mjpb3
02-13-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks to oldflash, this is now available on PCGM.

oldflash used his account to upload BloodRayne to PCGM, so check the
first message in this thread for the link :)

My everlasting thanks to Chainz for hosting this for me in the meanwhile. :)

(Just remember that oldflash uploaded this for me, so if you click the
author link on PCGM, it will go to oldflash's mods, not mine :))

Anyway, thanks to all of you who have helped me with this mod.

You ALL rock in my book :)

:band1
 ChAiNz.2da
02-13-2006, 11:22 AM
My pleasure mjpb3, but since hosting your mod isn't draining my resources (and you've received well over 50+ downloads so far).. I can leave it on my site so that you have a "backup" in case PCGM goes down (rare, but it happens sometimes)..

If you want me to perma-delete it off of my site, just say the word.. but you're more than welcome to leave it on my space as well :)
 mjpb3
02-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Oh, sure :)

That's so nice of you :)

(But stupid me forgot the link. I deleted it from the first post...
could you send it to me again? I will add it to my post as a backup)
 ChAiNz.2da
02-13-2006, 11:31 AM
 mjpb3
02-13-2006, 11:37 AM
Not a problem :)

http://www.jumpstationz.com/mjpb3/mjpb3-BloodRayne-As-PC-K2.rar)

Text link for copy -n- paste ease:
http://www.jumpstationz.com/mjpb3/mjpb3-BloodRayne-As-PC-K2.rar)

Ok, got it fixed.

I know I have written this MANY times (:)), but I really mean it!

Thank you so much Chainz... oldflash... Darth 333, everyone
who has helped me out with this mod.

I sincerely appreciate it.

You guys (and gals :)) are awesome!
 rogue_kiss
02-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Yippies! *runs off to DL*

Thanx so much to everyone for helping make this available to the masses! *huggles*
 mjpb3
02-19-2006, 9:09 PM
Yippies! *runs off to DL*

Thanx so much to everyone for helping make this available to the masses! *huggles*

LOL! Enjoy :)
 Crunchy in milk
03-11-2006, 12:05 AM
This is a great idea.

I just started Kotor modding after I recently got the game for my mac (right after Bloodrayne!). Unfortunately Sith Lords isn't availble to me (well I have it on Xbox) so I grabbed your mod and a twinsun player pc mod from PCGM and botched them to work in Kotor 1 (following your great 2da examples). I just had to point the texture to fit on the twilek_f model from K1. Then I started fooling around with the textures to try that for myself too.

I'm not keen to steal any thunder though so I'll just post some preview pics of my version rather than release them as a mod.

*snip* Images removed at mod makers request. -RH
 mjpb3
03-11-2006, 12:48 AM
*snip*

I'm not keen to steal any thunder though so I'll just post some preview pics of my version rather than release them as a mod.
Ok, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but I have no plans to give permission to anyone to make a mod out of this one.

Also, I'd prefer you wouldn't post those pics. If I wanted this mod to be for K1 I would make it for K1, since it is my mod.

I worked VERY hard on this mod. It is one of the best reskins I have ever accomplished and I am very proud of her, so I don't much like seeing Rayne's body with a Twi'lek head. (Even if you did change a few things on the textures, it is clearly still made from my mod.)

I am asking nicely, please remove the pics. Done! :D -RH

I don't mind if you make changes to my mod in your game, but don't show the changes off in my thread, okay?

I have no control over what you do with my mod once it is on your computer, but please keep it on your computer.

(And one other thing, if that is a Twin Sun head you're posting a pic of, I think you might get in trouble for posting that pic, since that is clearly a K1 screen. Just so you know, porting items and such between games is firmly frowned upon here at Lucas Forums.)
 Crunchy in milk
03-11-2006, 2:18 AM
Ok, I don't want to sound mean or anything, but I have no plans to give permission to anyone to make a mod out of this one.
Also, I'd prefer you wouldn't post those pics. If I wanted this mod to be for K1 I would make it for K1, since it is my mod.

I apologise if my meaning was not clear, I did not intend to make a player as rayne mod for Kotor, nor upset you at all.

I just peeked through your 2da files and had a look at your body texture. When I noticed that it was a repainted twin sun texture (which I had from the twin sun player mod) I just tried my hand at it too, I only wanted to 'do what you did'. No offence intended.

I worked VERY hard on this mod. It is one of the best reskins I have ever accomplished and I am very proud of her, so I don't much like seeing Rayne's body with a Twi'lek head. (Even if you did change a few things on the textures, it is clearly still made from my mod.)

Having copies of the obsidian original twin sun sister textures, I recoloured and edited those, trying to match what you changed just as a learning curve (which is why i posted the close up pic of the skin file to show I didn't just tweak your texture). I was just trying to learn by your example.

I don't mind if you make changes to my mod in your game, but don't show the changes off in my thread, okay?

I have no control over what you do with my mod once it is on your computer, but please keep it on your computer.

(And one other thing, if that is a Twin Sun head you're posting a pic of, I think you might get in trouble for posting that pic, since that is clearly a K1 screen. Just so you know, porting items and such between games is firmly frowned upon here at Lucas Forums.)

Again, I can't use your mod (in its present form). I don't have a mod friendly version of TSL. I just noticed the twilek female model from Kotor 1 is practically identical to the twilek female in Kotor 2, so I started playing around with textures that where freely available at PCGM (which is why the pics where of a twilek female wearing my attempt at a bloodrayne skin). I haven't made a rayne head texture or used your models or anything else.

I love your mod, but at the moment only for what I can learn from it (as I can't use it). I apologise for trying to show and share a little of my enthusiasm. I love Bloodrayne and was inspired by your mod to try my hand at it also. I will happily make the .psd file for the texture available if you wish for further proof.

Regards,
CIM.
 Darkkender
03-11-2006, 3:23 AM
*Snip*
I just peeked through your 2da files and had a look at your body texture. When I noticed that it was a repainted twin sun texture (which I had from the twin sun player mod) I just tried my hand at it too, I only wanted to 'do what you did'. No offence intended. Having copies of the obsidian original twin sun sister textures, I recoloured and edited those, trying to match what you changed just as a learning curve (which is why i posted the close up pic of the skin file to show I didn't just tweak your texture).
*Snip*
I just noticed the twilek female model from Kotor 1 is practically identical to the twilek female in Kotor 2, so I started playing around with textures that where freely available at PCGM (which is why the pics where of a twilek female wearing my attempt at a bloodrayne skin). I haven't made a rayne head texture or used your models or anything else.

If things are as you say they are Then I would recomend starting your own thread and explaining that you got your inspiration from this mod. A simple WIP thread at Holowan Labs untill you decide to release it. However I would make certain to include a disclaimer to avoid badblood. Also by starting your own thread it won't seem like hijacking somebody elses thread.
 mjpb3
03-11-2006, 11:28 AM
*snip*

I love your mod, but at the moment only for what I can learn from it (as I can't use it). I apologise for trying to show and share a little of my enthusiasm. I love Bloodrayne and was inspired by your mod to try my hand at it also. I will happily make the .psd file for the texture available if you wish for further proof.

Regards,
CIM.

I am sorry I came across as harsh in my above post, CIM, but it really threw me for a loop when I was browsing through the posts last night a saw *gasp* someone had changed my Rayne texture!

Now, I understand what you were doing, and I totally apologize for seeming rude. But as I wrote, it did throw me for a loop when I saw you changed my textures. I admit, I got a tad bit proprietary when I saw those.

I am happy you like the mod. Very happy. And your texture was very good! BUT, it did make me mad, and for that I apologize.

I can totally relate to being enthusiastic about something you've made that really looks good and wanting to show it off. But one suggestion... PM someone before showing it off in their mod thread next time, and ask permission first. That way nothing like this happens again. :)

Now, with all that said, I am glad that my 2da files helped you. I try to make those as un-confusing as I can. TSL's appearance.2da, heads.2da, and portraits.2da file are quite confusing to me, because they are sooo jumbled with entries from K1 that sometimes I confuse myself when I edit them. I am glad you were able to start learning from mine :)
 mjpb3
02-27-2007, 7:37 PM
Would any mod be so kind and change the name of this thread to
[K2] mjpb3's BloodRayne PC?

Thanks!

Mod note: Done. ~M
Page: 1 of 1