Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR news???

Page: 1 of 1
 i like cheese
02-05-2006, 1:55 PM
Gamedreams has posted word that another installment of Knights of the Old Republic (in fact, KOTOR 3) is already in development

George and crew are most pleased with the initial performance of KOTOR, so pleased in fact that KOTOR 3 is well into development! This time however expect everything to be new and improved! An all new next-gen engine is being prepped as is a modified battle system that will place a heavier emphasis on the lightsaber. There are even whispers that the game may be shown in some form at E3 THIS year, though I’d expect it to be far from completion, perhaps nothing but a video!

link:http://www.fragland.net/news.php?id=9759)
------------------------------------------------------------------

According to XBox Circle, Knights of the Old Republic 3 is in the works and it includes at least one major change.

Quote:
Also quietly in development is KOTOR 3, with the team at Obsedian still behind the game early news is that players can expect better interaction between NPCs and the main character, also IGN said to expect the fighting system to be completely real time. What is not known at the time is which platform KOTOR 3 will land on, one can hope that Obsedian would make the next gen jump.

link: http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8782)

IMO i still dont believe it..since it hasnt been confirmed
 Hallucination
02-05-2006, 5:43 PM
Well, the first one has no proof. The second one is
1) commenting on comments of prediction by IGN, and the prediction has already been commented on in two different threads
2) has Obsidian misspelled.
 igyman
02-05-2006, 5:51 PM
I don't think there's any point of discussing, or getting excited about announcements and predictions that are not official Lucas Arts announcements/predictions.
Anyone can say ''KoTOR 3 is being developed...'', ''It'll be a XBox/PC/PS exclusive'', but if Lucas Arts didn't say it, then you should pay no notice to it.
 Sith_Reven
02-05-2006, 9:38 PM
I am continually dissapointed but it is true that at least it is exciting the first time I read a new post that says something of the next kotor.
 90SK
02-05-2006, 9:50 PM
Kind of like finding what appears to be diamond, only to discover that it's made of glass.

I'm sick of false reports and rumors. I suggest we just have a sticky thread: "KotOR III Rumors", so we don't have to be subjected to latest load of speculation. Or something along those lines.
 Darth Windu
02-05-2006, 10:31 PM
I second that. Lets heap these reports into one big sticky thread - it'll save some clutter on the forums at least.
 i like cheese
02-05-2006, 11:50 PM
i third that??
 Master Kavar
02-05-2006, 11:58 PM
I think it's a given, but if KOTOR3 really is in production or pre-production of any form, we won't hear so much as a peep until E3. Until then we'll have nothing but baseless rumors floating around the gaming community.
 innerfears
02-06-2006, 2:36 AM
This whole FORUM is basically KOTOR3 Rumors, so there's no need for one thread.
 90SK
02-06-2006, 4:27 PM
^ This forum's purpose is speculation about what KotOR III will be like. What I mentioned was a thread for official rumors and articles regarding KotOR III, to cut back on clutter and false hopes, repetition, etc.
Page: 1 of 1