Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do repulsor lift jammers prevent snow speeders from flying around?

Page: 1 of 1
 Goldenshadow
02-03-2006, 1:27 PM
I know the jammers stop T2B tanks from moving, but what about snow(assault) speeders? Don't they have repulsor lift engines too?
 Nakatomi2010
02-03-2006, 3:41 PM
A pretty useful creation on the Empire's part... But I find myself debating between these and the Hypervelocity canon....
 jedi3112
02-05-2006, 1:58 PM
Yes, pretty usefull. I don't know about the max number of building in the final game, in the demo it's 6 as well as all mods, because they only use the tatooine map. I do believe there were mods that had a higher number, but those maps caused crashes. However I believe that the Hypersomething gun will hae a longer reload time in the final version. I just wonder how long it will reload.

Right now I generally blow the turbolasers right of those damn rebel ships, and leave the other weapons for the bombers. When disarmed (and dishangered) I move on to the next ship. When all ships are disarmed I go back for the Ion Cannons (I don't consider them dangerous) and Engines.

Still I will probably do a lot of editing once the game is out. Gotta get the AT-PT in.
 Goldenshadow
02-05-2006, 4:25 PM
Turbo lasers are harmless if your ship still has shields up, but ion cannons will drop shields very fast. therefore if you disable the enemy ion cannons first, your ships will maintain their shields for much longer and take no hull damage at all except from bombers and missiles
 Nakatomi2010
02-05-2006, 5:44 PM
Manual on this thing needs to be pretty intensive I think....
 enterman
02-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Manual on this thing needs to be pretty intensive I think....
and yet no one would read it and most would just ask how to do things in multiplayer.
Page: 1 of 1