Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Controller Setup Help

Page: 1 of 1
 tauberkuppler
02-01-2006, 7:55 PM
Just got this game and really would prefer to use my controller rather than the keyboard and mouse. Can anyone offer any help (or direct me to the right place)? Typical PS2 style controller, Belkin Nostromo N45 controller. Thanks.
 Trouble
02-01-2006, 8:17 PM
Ya, I'm new here too.............

I like the keyboard/mouse better because of all the force powers available. Using keys, at least for me, gave me instant access to them instead of having to scroll through the powers to get to the one I needed at the time. I usually set up games on the number pad. For this game, the bottom three rows for movement, the top two for force powers. Any excess powers, usually darkside, get thrown in on the six beside, ya know, "page up", "page down", etc. It also helps that I have a six button mouse set to attacks, weapons, and lightsabre styles. I tried using a controller but found it to be lacking in buttons for the way I like to play. Hope this helped.
 tauberkuppler
02-01-2006, 10:06 PM
So you were able to set up your controller then(just didn't like it)? Any tips on how to do it? I can't stand using the wasd keys for direction, need my joystick.
 Trouble
02-02-2006, 12:52 AM
I was just commenting on what I personally prefer. I didn't like the fact that I had to scroll through the force powers to get to the one I wanted to use when using a controller.

Those default keyboard settings can be changed to what you would want. Believe me, if I had to use those default keys, I would much prefer the controller. Setting them up on the number pad was just a way to have them not so spread out and able to reach them all without moving my hand.

Anyway, for your question, it's been so long, years actually, that I've even attempted at using a controller on a PC game that I can't even remember how to set up those buttons. Sorry. Hopefully someone else will help you out with that.
 Kurgan
02-05-2006, 3:50 PM
You sent me an email about this but I really can't help you. I don't own said controller, but all I can suggest is looking up some updated drivers/software for it.

Vagabond and Lathain Valtiel know more about playing FPS games with a controller than I do...
 Nalukai
02-08-2006, 12:44 AM
keyboard/mouse will ALWAYS be > than analog, it just takes time.....
 Kurgan
02-08-2006, 9:12 PM
Well, maybe for FPS games (though old FPS games where you didn't have to aim were fine with a gamepad). For many other types of games keyboard/mouse just sucks, even if the game isn't purposely handicapped against the setup. ;) Think Flight Sims, one on one fighting games, etc.
 Nalukai
02-08-2006, 10:32 PM
Well yeah but you also have the ability to change up your configs from game to game.

Yeah I agree tho, a flight stick or a controller would be ebst in those situations.
Page: 1 of 1