Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GF music copyrights

Page: 1 of 1
 troyel
02-01-2006, 5:18 AM
Hello,
I'm a norwegian student taking a course of "Medium and communication". We've had this big film-project the last 2months, and me and my fellow students have made a film-noir inspired movie of about 8minutes.

Since im a diehard fan of GF I felt the urge to lure in some of the nice feelings the GF soundtrack conveyed. Since this is just a project we've not put our heads onto who owns the rights and or if they claim royalties etc. Since this has not been neccesary.

BUT - there is this Norwegian youth film-festival which we want to participate with our film in. And here, we need to have a agreement with the people having the copyrights of our music. As far as Ive seen, the GF music belongs entierly to Lucasarts.

I've not been able to find any email, adresses or people from a GF team anywhere. So, I've turned to this forum...

Does anyone have a clue about who I could contact or where to turn? How does Lucasarts treat things like their game soundtracks, do they take royalties and sell it? etc

This film-project of mine is ofcourse non-profit and purely for fame,glory and loads of learning.
Thankyou in advance.

Regards
Troy
 troyel
02-01-2006, 5:23 AM
Oh, I forgot to say.
I've used quite a bit of Bone Wagon for a action sequence and Neon Ledge for some background music theme of the film.
 Thrik
02-01-2006, 9:14 AM
I'm not sure off-hand, though your best first point of contact would be Peter McConnell (http://www.petermc.com/), the composer. He can probably at least advise you on who to contact at LucasArts, assuming that he himself doesn't hold the copyright.
Page: 1 of 1