Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need help finding Star Wars Song!

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Nikolaos
01-31-2006, 8:47 PM
Hey evryone, I love John William's music, specially Star Wars music, but I can't seem to find a really cool song from Shadows of the Empire(nintendo 64). Its the one on the level where you have to jump train wagons. Does anyone know what its called? I've been looking on Rhapsody, but I just can't find it!
 Astrotoy7
02-01-2006, 8:15 AM
You might need to buy the SOTE soundtrack if you are really that keen. Please note that John Williams did NOT write the SOTE soundtrack, it was Joel McNeely, and was actually released as a stand alone soundtrack. It included some SW and SOTE related art :) It's quite good :) You can track it down quite easily at places like Amazon.

mtfbwya
 Master Nikolaos
02-01-2006, 10:12 AM
Thats a good tip, thanks, although I would rather like to get it from Rhapsody if I can find the song(now that I know the true author). Guess I'm gonna have to wait a while to look it up, as I'm bussy as a bee :).
 popcorn2008
02-01-2006, 6:39 PM
If I remember correctly, the song on the train level was one of the John William songs from Empire Strikes Back.

I believe the song is The Wampa's Lair / Vision of Obi-Wan / Snowspeeders take flight. I am as well a John Williams fan :) You should find that on the Empire Strikes Back sound track. Its a long song about 8 1/2 minutes, and the part your looking for should be near the end or middle. Hopefully that helps.
 TD7722
02-01-2006, 8:58 PM
I'm listening to the SOTE soundtrack now, and the song you're searching for is not to be found on it.

I believe popcorn2008 is correct - when the snowspeeders go to search for Luke and Han, it is the same song as the one you're looking for, BUT.....

I just listened to the ESB soundtrack, and guess what?? - its not on there either (but it IS on the movie scene with the searching snowspeeders).

Maybe its on the ANH soundtrack?? Wish I had that one so I could tell you for sure - now I have to find out - LOL.
 Master Nikolaos
02-02-2006, 1:24 PM
Yeah, because I did a search for Joel McNeely and it turned out negative on Rhapdody for song availability. At least I have a clue now as to where I can find it; however, its not on the New Hope CD either. They might have released the song in an edited version of the film, so it might be on a more recent soundtrack of ESB. I guess I'll have to "feel the force" for it :) (Oh, and I haven't found it yet on RJ).

Oh, wait second there, did you say you found it on the Empire Strikes Back soundtrack popcorn? I'll try to look for it there, since I think I haven't tried some songs out.

Nope, wasn't Wampa's Layer etc...aughh!!, I have heard so many songs and I still have nothing!

Bingo! After two ours of listening, I finally found the song.

AND THE WINNER IS...Rescue from Cloud City/Hyperspace!!! The segment is about 5:30 minutes into the song, and it seems like the rest of the really good segements from SOTE were in the ESB soundtrack(CD 2). Thank You All, I really appreciate the help!
 TD7722
02-03-2006, 9:46 AM
Well that may explain it - my cd of the ESB soundtrack is from like 1991
 Darth_Extas
02-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Although it might be on the special addition one, I am not sure because I have found that the JK:II Menu theme is from ROTJ the exact song is called Fleet Enters HyperSpace. It could be on one of those soundtrack in the special edition, or the current soundtrack of ESB. It is as well possible that you might find the song on this website http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks\s) (this website is only of video game music, so please do not hold it against me)
By the looks of it, the Star Wars music it has is Dark Forces, Force Commander and KOTOR as well as Rogue Squadron 2, any idea if those sound tracks are any similar?
 Sithman1138
02-06-2006, 3:07 AM
That link didn't work
 Darth_Extas
02-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Sorry then the link is http://gh.ffshrine.org/soundtracks/s)

It was a link error that I had there, I have fixed it now.
 Thrawn
02-06-2006, 1:46 PM
The Special Edition Soundtracks are each 2 CDs and very nice. Especially the ROTJ one, because it has the tracks of the music the happened "in" the movie rather than just the soundtrack.
Page: 1 of 1