Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Random Commander Statements

Page: 1 of 1
 Abolisher
04-11-2001, 4:11 PM
I've noticed in some of my missions, particularly the larger ones (big battles) that the commanding officer says random things that don't make sense. For example, the commanding officer will rattle off in rapid succession something like:

"Tertiary target update, Vital craft update, Base update, they've been captured, they've been disabled, they've been boarded"

First, such a string does not make sense, especially considering the fact that there are no tertiary targets, no bases, nothing to be captured, nothing getting disabled, and nothing being boarded in the mission. I have no idea what causes this, but it is annoying yet humorous at times.

Anybody know what causes this and how to fix it?

------------------
That's no moon, it's a SPAM Station

Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost (http://abolisher.9ug.com/index.htm)
 RogueWing
04-11-2001, 9:32 PM
On the role page of Allied, ( I think ), is a box that you can click on. In it are several options including command ship, primary target, secondary target, ect. When you choose one of those and enable it by clicking the little box next to it, the game automatically makes up messages from those particular Flight Groups.

------------------
"Normal people worry me."
 Abolisher
04-12-2001, 1:59 PM
Yes, I'm perfectly aware of the "role" page and how to use it. What I'm saying is these commander messages are heard, even when there are no bases, no tertiary targets, nothing being captured, etc. And not only that, these commander messages are heard completely at random and are completely unrelated to what is happening in the mission. I should also mention that in missions where this problem occurs, TIE flyby sounds occur at random, even though there are no TIE fighters present. There's a few other odd sounds, like hearing the sound of a Rebel laser being fired, and each time it's just a single shot sound, and this occurs even when you are not firing, and are not even near any Rebel craft.

------------------
That's no moon, it's a SPAM Station

Abolisher's Mission Command Outpost (http://abolisher.9ug.com/index.htm)
Page: 1 of 1