Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR TSL to SW classic saga mod

Page: 1 of 1
 sciamano
01-31-2006, 1:09 PM
I'm starting a new project for Kotor TSL. I'll try to change all the playable characters and some of the main enemies in orfer to make them resemble the characters of the sw films. If you are interested in what this mean just see some of my mods on pcgamemods.com and make a search for mods made by sciamano... I'll try to change every characters appearance, portraits and also sounds. I'm asking here for help in making the best choices regarding replacing and also for some help regarding the sound replacement... (ehm...sorry for my oor english...)

As far as now i was thinking...

Exile-------Anakin or Vader
Kreia-------Palpatine or Obi-Wan
Atton------Han Solo ?
Hendmaiden--------Padmи
Visas---------Barrissa offee or the bald female sith from Clone Wars cartoon (don't remember name now...)
Canderous----------Jango-Boba fett
Darth Nihilus--------General Grevous or Darth Tyranus

Well... this is just the starting idea... so if you want to help or just give me an opinion how to replace other characters just send a post...
 Darth Legolas
01-31-2006, 3:42 PM
cool idea sciamano btw i just love ur anakin mod
 LordReserei
02-01-2006, 6:47 AM
sounds cool dude. \nn/

just a suggestion dude. instead of "or" why do both the senerios.

a light side mod in which you start off as Anakin, be taught by Obi-Wan (Kreia) ya know that kinda thing.

and a dark side mod where your vader and well ya know where I'm going with this.
 sciamano
02-01-2006, 9:07 AM
yes...that could be an idea...thanks for the suggestion :) i was thinking also...with the dark side maybe changing bao-dur to darth maul...
 Lando Griffin
02-01-2006, 9:21 AM
yes...that could be an idea...thanks for the suggestion :) i was thinking also...with the dark side maybe changing bao-dur to darth maul...

yeah but dont use bao-durs model use umm this one
http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/15179.html)
Because Bao-dur is not Darth Maul, hes a panzie.
 sciamano
02-01-2006, 10:07 AM
hey, thanks for the hint...and don't you know where i can find the darth maul saber too?
 L0rdReV@n88
02-01-2006, 10:46 AM
hey, thanks for the hint...and don't you know where i can find the darth maul saber too?
um oldflash has a great one of it and so does jediwarrior(sorry again i cant remember the #s)
and the bald female from clone wars is asajj ventress if your going to do that make sure to in clude her sabers found here (http://www.thelightsaber.com/historyA.htm) the red ones or the double saber that would be so cool good luck i have guite a few of your mods in fact the anikan is my favorite
 sciamano
02-01-2006, 12:35 PM
well... thank you for the site but i'm not able to create new models... :( i'm quite capable in reskinning ;) and in sound replacement (already done anakin, vader, palpatine and obi-wan...and found a link to a page with more sound so i'll soon post them on pcgamemods.com)

But i need a .2da editor in order to change the character appearance without using KSE, so if someone can do something like that please contact me...

And meanwhile using Avol Hoods i've done a great barrissa ofee with robes. Will post it soon...
 L0rdReV@n88
02-01-2006, 1:13 PM
aha barrissa offee sounded familar but i could place the name behind the jedi but that should be awsome for visas but i think asajj would be better since she is a little more sith than offee is but either way would be good im not to good at the 2das im having problems with the nihilus model change myself im atempting to change it to a darth vader model that avol made um question do you have a way of getting ahold of avol im having trouble contacting him
 sciamano
02-01-2006, 1:25 PM
emh..in fact i didn't contact him yet. I also had some problems with his vader model...(he didn't move :) he just stayed stuck in place, and if i tried to start a game using him as the main characters it just crashed the program back to windows... [fortunately with his 0.9b relase the problem vanished...) As concernng Barrissa i intended to use it in my lightside mod in place of visas. In the Dark side mod instead of visas using asajj...but i have to find some good pics of her in order to make her skin mod (so if you know where to pick some hi-res pics send me please the link :)
 The Paper
02-01-2006, 5:32 PM
But i need a .2da editor in order to change the character appearance without using KSE, so if someone can do something like that please contact me...

Will Fred Tetra's KOTOR Tool work for what you need? (Kotor Tool Link (http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/))
 Lando Griffin
02-01-2006, 7:21 PM
i can.
 sciamano
02-02-2006, 12:06 AM
well, i'll see the program but Lando Griffin, if you can help me i'll be very grateful :)) And today since i have some spare time i'll do a research about asajj ;)
 L0rdReV@n88
02-02-2006, 7:00 AM
oh yeah i forgot you were going to do the lightside and darkside sorry about that well here some links to pics io found of asajj
heres one (http://rabittooth.com/800x600StarWarsWallpapers/AsajjVentressWallpaper.jpg)
another here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/rchickos/Costuming/Asajj%20Ventress/AsajjReference1.jpg)
oo and another (http://www.bugglefug.com/gallery/albums/jess/asajj.jpg)
i hope these help somewhat most of her pics are from clone wars so their not really high res but these are the good ones i found that might help a little i take it that her face wise is mostly white with a few tatoos on her face aswell i think it would look good with avol hoods concerning her cloths im not really sure in each picture their slightly different some are all black,some with white and black so it up to you really hopes this all helps ya
 BoredAdminMonky
02-02-2006, 7:53 AM
Exile-------Anakin or Vader
Kreia-------Palpatine or Obi-Wan
Atton------Han Solo ?
Hendmaiden--------Padmи
Visas---------Barrissa offee or the bald female sith from Clone Wars cartoon (don't remember name now...)
Canderous----------Jango-Boba fett
Darth Nihilus--------General Grevous or Darth Tyranus

Would make sense if you made Scion into Darth Tyranus/Dooku if you're going to make Kriea into Palpatine, as Scion was Kriea's apprentice.

Maybe it'd be worth considering changing the NPC Jedi council into the council from Episodes 1 - 3? Mace, Plo Koon etc etc.
 L0rdReV@n88
02-02-2006, 8:00 AM
that would be cool to see yoda and mace giving the exile his sentence
 Vladimir-Vlada
02-02-2006, 8:03 AM
Very ambitious, my friend. I wish you luck.
 Ghost Down
02-02-2006, 8:05 AM
Eum..aint Kreia female and Sidious male..so theres gonna be a voice problem..in order to let Sidious sound like a male u whould need to respeak or alter Kreia's lines..

- Dream Evil :vamp1:
 Darth InSidious
02-02-2006, 11:45 AM
It wouldn't be hard to shift her voice down...Granted, you'd need to add some base. Some of Palpatines lines from Ep III sound like Kreia if you shift them up a tone, anyway. Especially "not from a jedi."
 Shem
02-02-2006, 1:05 PM
Visas---------Barrissa offee or the bald female sith from Clone Wars cartoon

Asajj Ventress.
 sciamano
02-03-2006, 2:09 AM
Well, concerning the sounds... i mean that i'll change the combat and actions sounds...changing all the dialoges would be TOO difficult and it would takes TOO long time... (and i have to admit that doing it alone it's impossible). Instead changing combat sounds it's fairly easy since each character has about 23-25 sounds. I'v already posted Vaders on pcgamemods. Sonn i'll make Amidala's -Asajj- Yoda -Greivous-Dooku- Finish Obi, Palpatine and Anakin. Still have to find some good sounds of Mace Windu and Maul (have only 3 of him... :(( (and i think he spoke only 3 times in the film...

Ah, and i have a prob with asajj...couldn't find in kotor TSL a female bald woman... so if you've seen something like that please send the link.
 Lando Griffin
02-03-2006, 9:14 AM
Well, concerning the sounds... i mean that i'll change the combat and actions sounds...changing all the dialoges would be TOO difficult and it would takes TOO long time... (and i have to admit that doing it alone it's impossible). Instead changing combat sounds it's fairly easy since each character has about 23-25 sounds. I'v already posted Vaders on pcgamemods. Sonn i'll make Amidala's -Asajj- Yoda -Greivous-Dooku- Finish Obi, Palpatine and Anakin. Still have to find some good sounds of Mace Windu and Maul (have only 3 of him... :(( (and i think he spoke only 3 times in the film...

Ah, and i have a prob with asajj...couldn't find in kotor TSL a female bald woman... so if you've seen something like that please send the link.

There isnt a female bald head.. i dont think there will be one. But you could always choose someone else.
 Darth InSidious
02-03-2006, 11:13 AM
...Or reskin Dhagon Gent, maybe?
 sciamano
02-03-2006, 3:48 PM
no...reskinning a male in oder to make it femel would look awful IMHO... maybe just using a non bald character (i think i saw somewhere a character that looked like ventress but with short white-grey hair [no, not Winter], so maybe i could use handmaiden model as a start...)
 Lando Griffin
02-03-2006, 5:33 PM
no...reskinning a male in oder to make it femel would look awful IMHO... maybe just using a non bald character (i think i saw somewhere a character that looked like ventress but with short white-grey hair [no, not Winter], so maybe i could use handmaiden model as a start...)

I dont think that will turn out to well, but you could give it a try.
 sciamano
02-04-2006, 1:45 AM
Maybe someone has some suggestion of how replace the remaining characters?
 Joff1981
02-04-2006, 8:15 AM
With regards to the bald female, comm_b_f is very close to this. There are only very minor model differences to a truely bald woman where the hair is. I think that this would be a good model to start with for Asajj, and you might be able to get someone to make some small model alterations to make it even more suited.
 sciamano
02-04-2006, 8:28 AM
ok... thanks for the hint... i'll see what i can do :)
 Clone__Commando
02-04-2006, 9:59 AM
I know this would still have problems with voices, but I always thought it would be cool if the main character was Luke and Kreia would be Darth Vader. So in a way it would be kinda what would happen if Luke had accepted Darth Vaders training without knowing Vader was on the Dark side, of course. Then, if its even possible with the height differences, change Darth Nihilus into Darth Sidious. Atton could be Han Solo and Handmaden would be Leia.
 Lando Griffin
02-04-2006, 12:44 PM
I know this would still have problems with voices, but I always thought it would be cool if the main character was Luke and Kreia would be Darth Vader. So in a way it would be kinda what would happen if Luke had accepted Darth Vaders training without knowing Vader was on the Dark side, of course. Then, if its even possible with the height differences, change Darth Nihilus into Darth Sidious. Atton could be Han Solo and Handmaden would be Leia.

But why would Vader be with the rebels, he serves his master well. He should replace Darth Nihilus, and replace kreia at the end of the game with Darth Sidious.
 sciamano
02-04-2006, 12:58 PM
i think that lando Griffin's idea is the best as far as know (since i was thinking of doing so at the beginning :)

the only problem is that i have a lot of porblems in doing a luke character..i know it may sounds strange, but i can't find any good picture of mark hamill on the net. And i need a hi-def or perhaps hi-res FRONT picture of his face

I've already found his saber, his sounds, done his clothes from ANH, but still can't do a good face :( because i lack of his photos...grrr
 Clone__Commando
02-04-2006, 2:01 PM
here are some pics of luke

http://www.blueharvest.net/download/wall-luke.jpg)

http://www.artwallpapers.net/movies/awluke_skywalker/02/awluke_skywalker02_800.jpg)

http://cathol.starwars.free.fr/personnagesstarwars/LukeSkywalker/WallpaperLuke/LukeSkywalker02.jpg)

Maybe instead of Vader replacing Kreia there could be an older version of Anakin, what he would look like if he never went to Mustafar.
 sciamano
02-04-2006, 3:00 PM
he would look with more limbs :)) (ok... stupid joke...) But Kreia should be relplaced by Palpatine or Yoda or Windu...depending if it's a Ligh/Dark game. And Nihilus replaced by vader
Well...i'm thinking... Dark Kreia has another 2da line? so if we can change normal kreia to yoda or mace and dark kreia to palpatine... it should be perfect...
 Darthdude99
02-04-2006, 5:51 PM
Just a thought. If you replace Sion with Vader then then the voices would match up better then if you replaced Nihilus with Vader.
Nice job on the mod. Can't wait till it's done.
 Lando Griffin
02-05-2006, 1:21 PM
Just a thought. If you replace Sion with Vader then then the voices would match up better then if you replaced Nihilus with Vader.
Nice job on the mod. Can't wait till it's done.

He does have a point. And Lord Vader should be with Palpatine. Sion and krea are in the same place at the end of the game.
 sciamano
02-05-2006, 1:56 PM
so, who should be nihilus? Because as far as now i think we are replacing all the NPC with characters from the old saga. So, if we put luke as the main character (i've almost done his sounds and will post them soon...) Atton as Han solo, Mandalore as Boba fett (i think...). Lighside Kreia (or rather neutral side :) with Yoda or Ben-kenobi... Handmaiden maybe with Mara Jade...

So, we can also use the Stormtroper mod... but how about the other characters?
 Lando Griffin
02-05-2006, 6:11 PM
hmmmm. Who else was a major sith character?
 sciamano
02-05-2006, 11:49 PM
joruus c'baoth...i think there was his mod somewhere on pcgamemods
 Clone__Commando
02-06-2006, 3:13 PM
I'm not sure if i spelled this right but what about Darth Plagous? Mentioned in EP3. That way you could create what you think he would look like. Just an idea.
 Slipstreme
02-07-2006, 2:06 PM
Forget that! I NEED a Mara Jade SKIN!

But all the same- great idea
 sciamano
02-07-2006, 2:45 PM
well, i'm having a lot of trouble in finding good pics of the top-model that is officially Mara jade, but i think i can do something (but it won't be in high-res...)
 Clone__Commando
02-07-2006, 4:20 PM
Is there already a Padme Mod available?
 BoredAdminMonky
02-08-2006, 5:16 AM
so, who should be nihilus? Because as far as now i think we are replacing all the NPC with characters from the old saga. So, if we put luke as the main character (i've almost done his sounds and will post them soon...) Atton as Han solo, Mandalore as Boba fett (i think...). Lighside Kreia (or rather neutral side :) with Yoda or Ben-kenobi... Handmaiden maybe with Mara Jade...

So, we can also use the Stormtroper mod... but how about the other characters?

How about a choice of Luke or Leia as the main character? If Atton is going to Han Solo, then the romance choice there would make sense as well :)
 sciamano
02-08-2006, 11:20 AM
I did a Padme mod and it's on Pcgamemods... (still it's not perfect...). The problem is Leia...can't find any in-game model who, in my opinion, would fit...
 Darth InSidious
02-08-2006, 11:36 AM
There's a blonde female head with the hair swept back, part of it in plaits, which looks a *little* like her in Ep V. Failing that, Bastila?
 sciamano
02-08-2006, 12:55 PM
mmhh... dunno... could you give me the kotor tool model name? So i'll check the texture and i'll see what i can do..
Page: 1 of 1