Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What is the easiest editor to use for X-Wing Alliance?

Page: 1 of 1
 Rogue15
03-02-2001, 1:30 PM
Where can I get a good easy to use editor for x-wing alliance? I want to make some of my own missions where the player is an Imperial.
 emupiett
03-02-2001, 1:39 PM
There are only two that I know of. AlliED and New Horizons Editor. Both are pretty easy to use, but AlliED can do more specific things, and also has a "jump to order" order, whereas New Horizons doesn't. AlliED lets you put in number values for WPs, but New Horizons prefers that you just click somewhere on the map. I think I like AlliED better, but you can try out both.

------------------
"Intensify forward firepower!!"
 Rogue15
03-02-2001, 1:46 PM
cool, i'll try allied, as it seems to be more popular. he cool, I'm no longer a padawan!!! wooohooooo!!!!!!
 Rogue15
03-02-2001, 2:35 PM
Why doesn't the tutorial go along with the demo?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?! i hate it.

I'll try the other editor, hopefully that isn't some darn demo.
 Scoundrel67
03-07-2001, 6:11 PM
AlliEd is the better of the two editors. Cough up the token fee and download the full version. It's worth every penny, but you have to take time and build each mission carefully, test it, re-test it, and keep things balanced to make missions that are up to snuff with the commercial ones from Totally Games.

------------------
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
 Expert Rookie
03-25-2001, 1:02 PM
In the full version of AlliED, are all the ships in that wire model form?

------------------
"Good, our first catch of the day."
-Captain of the ISD Tyrant, seen in the Empire Strikes Back
Page: 1 of 1