Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[technical help]Can't access multiplayer

Page: 1 of 1
 baka101
01-30-2006, 1:39 AM
 Good Sir Knight
02-01-2006, 4:40 AM
Did you download the game?

It looks like a funky windows error.... though I find it odd that you're lacking multiplayer specificaly.
 •-BLaCKouT-•
02-01-2006, 3:27 PM
Although, to be fair, jk2mp.exe is a different program from jk2sp.exe. It's entirely plausible that one could cause an error and the other, not.

Having said that, I ain't got a scooby what the cause is, sorry :(
If it's any consolation, it looks like a Windows problem as opposed to a JK2 error, yeah. Have you tried installing the patch?

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Jedi_Knight_2_Patch_104;3825)

Once you change the structure of the program, Windows may well run it alright.

Good luck!
 baka101
02-02-2006, 12:52 AM
I bought the game on CD from Comp USA.

Also, I'll try downloading the patch and see what happens. It said its down for maintenence but will be back tomorrow. Thanks for the help, guys!
 Good Sir Knight
02-03-2006, 2:28 PM
I bought the game on CD from Comp USA.

Also, I'll try downloading the patch and see what happens. It said its down for maintenence but will be back tomorrow. Thanks for the help, guys!

Let us know what happens. Sorry for assuming that you downloaded JO, thoughout my time on gaming forums I've seen alot of "multiplayer won't work!" threads and they just turn out to be dirty pirates.

So I apologize and I look forward to hearing how things go.
 baka101
02-04-2006, 1:03 AM
It works! After downloading the patch yesterday, it seemed to fix everything. Multiplayer is awesome-er that I thought! I stink though :P First time playing a multiplayer FPS actually, besides just duelling my brother on console games. When i was in first grade, i used to watch my brother play the original one online (or some Star wars FPS), and I've always wanted to do the same, so I guess I've been waiting most of my life for this, lol.

Anyways, don't worry about assuming that I may have downloaded it- I've been to many a graphic-design forum in my time, and I'm usually one of few who actually bought photoshop...
 •-BLaCKouT-•
02-04-2006, 9:40 AM
yay! it's working, quality! :thumbsup:
 PsychoKitty
03-24-2006, 11:16 AM
i have the same problem but i wanna play jk2 without patch because the patch makes the game close to jka and thats ****...

could you please say some other things that this cant happen?

wfg PsychoKitty :twogun:
 •-BLaCKouT-•
03-24-2006, 3:06 PM
...try the 1.03 patch?
http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Jedi_Knight_2_Patch_103;2601)

Other than that, if you really can't bear an altered version of JK2, play it on another machine.
Them's yer options I'm afraid ;)

B.
Page: 1 of 1