Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bryant's & Grey_Ghost's Mod V2.5G MAJOR UPDATE

Page: 1 of 1
 Grey_Ghost
01-29-2006, 6:34 AM
********NEWEST VERSION 2.5G********
Previous information on x.xG Versions Here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2003860)

This is Release 1 of Bryants & Grey_Ghost's Mod. This mod edits the EaW Demo WITHOUT tampering with the exe file in any way.

--HOW TO INSTALL:-- ******NEW INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS******

REMOVE PREVIOUS VERSIONS: Delete the XML Folder that is in your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

Copy the XML & Scripts Folder that is in the Zip to your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

To Play as the Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Empire Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Empire Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Empire Tech 1\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play as the Rebels Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Rebel Full Tech\ and past them into the XML Folder.
To Play the Level 1 Rebels Copy the Files From ...Demo\Gamedata\Data\XML\Rebel Tech 1\ and past them into the XML Folder.

To Uninstall:
Delete the XML & Scripts Folder that is in your Star Wars Empire at War Demo\Gamedata\Data\ Folder

__=Version 2.5G Changes:=__

--Change | Reason / Notes--

A.I. Improvements Added | More like...giving it an understanding of the Unlocked Structures
They now build as they should, defenses and all.

Empire AI is Functional once more

Officer Academy now has a Garrison | Spawns 1 Officer Squad when invaded

Power Generators Can no longer be built | They don't need to be built. They come pre-installed on each planet
You can't see them in the structure list, but once you go to a Land Battle it will be there to power your defenses.
Please note that it takes a few moments before your Shields turn on, don't freak out.

Hypervelocity Gun & Planetary Ion Cannon can be built again | Finally the A.I. will build these correctly on their own

Mining Facilities Limited to 1 per planet again | The A.I. made way too many Farming Planets, which seemed to interfere with other things

Field and Fleet Officers no longer limited to 2 per player each | The A.I. utterly ingnored that limit

Small Universe Removed | Somehow tied to the Massive Horde of Fleet Commanders Bug. I may reduce the outer fringe
of the Large Universe in an optional update.

Level 1 Space Stations can now build all ships | A.I. workaround

Base Shields and other Defenses now function correctly again | This may have only been a problem with an internal version.

Imperial Star Destroyers & MonCalimari Cruisers can only be built on either MonCalimari, Kuat, Fondor, or Sullust.
A Level 1 Space Station or higher is required.

Empire can only build Hutt Palaces on Atzerri, Nal Hutta, Ryloth, & Tatooine (Bounty Hunters)

Rebels can only build Cantinas on Abregado Rae, Atzerri, Corellia, Nal Hutta, Ryloth, & Tatooine (Smugglers)

*Using the STOP button while selecting Snowspeeders WILL CRASH the game. Once they start flying, don't try to stop them.
They will constanly circle where you tell them to move once they get there. So far there haven't been any problems for when the
A.I. uses them.*

When Playing as Rebels and invading a Planet the game might cause an exception, Alt-Tab to the error box and hit CANCEL,
then Tab back into the game. You should be able to continue playing. It's doesn't happen when using the RAID slot.
Personally I have not had this happen in any of my recent Tests.

If you find the game too hard even on Easy, then delete the file named DIFFICULTYADJUSTMENTS.XML in the XML directory
The game will use it's default settings

Game may crash when Exiting the game | I have no idea why, but it's not critical.

Tornados can drive you insane | I loathe those Frelling things! If only I knew how to remove them.
Getting tired of the Rancor as well.

DOWNLOAD 2.5G HERE (http://home.houston.rr.com/vallore/other/Bryant's%20&%20Grey_Ghost's%20Mod%20V2.5G.zip) 310KB

Please Post any Bugs or Issues in this thread
 Grey_Ghost
01-29-2006, 6:43 AM
I think this one hits the sweet spot. I have tested this version version like crazy. I have yet to crash while doing so. The only crash left (that I know of) is listed below. Enjoy! Oh, and Make sure you follow the new install instructions.

CRITICAL CRASH NOTE:
Using the STOP button while selecting Snowspeeders WILL CRASH the game. Once they start flying, don't try to stop them. They will constanly circle where you tell them to move once they get there. So far there haven't been any problems for when the A.I. uses them.
 Jan Gaarni
01-29-2006, 8:39 AM
No need for multiple threads on the same subject.

:lock:
Page: 1 of 1