Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Gunboat problem?

Page: 1 of 1
 pbb366
01-17-2001, 1:00 AM
Did Anyone ever fix the whole "s-foils not open" thing on the Gunboat? So we can use it in the missions?
 Papa Roached
01-19-2001, 1:40 AM
I remember they came out with something to fix that a long while back.

------------------
"The Communists disdain to conceal their views and aims. They openly declare that their ends can be attained only by forcible overthrow of all existing conditions. Let the ruling classes tremble at a communistic revolution. The proletarians have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win.
WORKING MEN OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!"

-Karl Marx and Frederick Engels
-Manifesto of the Communist Party
 pbb366
01-21-2001, 4:47 AM
No idea where that would be huh?
 wookie2k
01-23-2001, 8:00 AM
I thought that gunboat had fixed wings
 K_Kinnison
01-23-2001, 1:17 PM
In TIE Fighter it had folding wings similar to WWII navel fighters. I think they tried to use it in XWA but never had to time to correctly do the S-Foils (kinda like the B-wing)
 TIE_pilot
02-07-2001, 10:18 PM
I had this same problem. Its kinda weird. I don't ever remember the gunboats to have s-foils in TIE fighter of X-wing.

------------------
"You Rebel Scum."
 K_Kinnison
02-08-2001, 5:45 PM
in the launch cutscene for TIE FIGHTER, the Gunbot had its wings folded up before luanch, then they locked to thier normal position when you exited the Star destroyer, but never did the Gunboat have working S-foils in ANY of the X-win series games
 emupiett
02-08-2001, 6:25 PM
I had this same problem, but one way to fix it is to quick start in space, that is, if the mission is a sim mission. You need to get a fix if you are making the mission a TOD.

------------------
"Intensify forward firepower!!"
 RogueWing
02-09-2001, 5:36 PM
Go to http://sco.emperorshammer.ca/files/files-ess-updates.php) and dowload the Xwing Alliance S-Foil Patch and it will fix this problem.
Page: 1 of 1