Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Issue with MP

Page: 1 of 1
 nextrealm2
01-27-2006, 2:41 PM
Everytime I close out the game and relaunch it, all my controls are set back to default. If I switch up the buttons that control the forces which the default are F keys to let's say mouse keys, they all go back to default when I close out and join another server. That is issue one.

Issue 2 is I save a custom force file, i.e. name it to say my game name_darkforces, it says saving will overwrite existing files with same name. Then I go back in a later time and cannot retrieve my custom save file.

Is this a user error or do I really have to start from scratch each time I change servers??
 -SE- madman
01-27-2006, 5:13 PM
I get thiis problem too. I think the basic problem for me, is that I have downloaded different MP mods, for example: JA+ and Xmod.

If you get into the MP that comes with the game by putting in the CD and waiting for the screen, but then you have created a desktop shortcut for it and cycle between those two what you save will not be kept - at least thats what seems to be happening to me. Basically, pick a MP mod and toss the other one.
 razorace
01-31-2006, 10:51 PM
The "problem" is due to the game having seperate .cfg files for each mod. To fix this problem, you can just copy your .cfg files into the mod folders.
 acdcfanbill
02-04-2006, 1:36 AM
or an alternate solution is to create a text file (renamed to .cfg) that contains all the binds you normally use, and then execute that cfg file in your autoexec.cfg.
 Nalukai
02-08-2006, 12:47 AM
The "problem" is due to the game having seperate .cfg files for each mod. To fix this problem, you can just copy your .cfg files into the mod folders.

so true, especially when you swap from a modded server back to a basejka server all your /bindlist cmds to not xfer

some mods stack with each other... i know X-mod and ja+ have the same cfg's and possibly lugor as well, but general rule of thumb is all of your binds from base will not ever xfer to any other mod out there.
Page: 1 of 1