Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] The Paper's Jedi_Master_4H

Page: 1 of 1
 The Paper
01-26-2006, 9:23 AM
This is a very basic mod that I initially made only for myself,
which will allow you to select Jedi_Master_4H as your female
PC's head. I thought it was too interesting to go unused in the game, so
I wanted to change that, so this is the result.

While excellent mods like Holowan Cloakworks will allow you to
"disguise" yourself as her, you may be kicked out of your disguise
at times. I thought it jarring and may take away some from
the game experience to have your head model changed back to whatever you
had to use during character creation. Plus, you couldn't equip her with the
Dancer's Outfit, or thanks to other mods, Revan's Robes without crashing
the game.

Please note, at present I have not made any physical DS transitions for
this mod. Also, right now the head is more fair skinned than that of the default
underwear model or dancer outfit. :sweat: It shouldn't be too bad or obvious at all once you have some clothes on though.

This mod uses custom appearance.2da, heads.2da and portraits.2da files, so
at present it will conflict with any other mods that use those custom files.
But if you're familiar with using Fred Tetra's most excellent KOTOR Tool, you can add the extra lines by hand if need be.

Screens:

Closeup 1 (http://i1.tinypic.com/mli891.jpg)
Closeup 2 (http://i1.tinypic.com/mli8ow.jpg)
Distance 1 (http://i1.tinypic.com/mlia82.jpg)
Distance 2 (http://i1.tinypic.com/mlialu.jpg)
Behind (http://i1.tinypic.com/mliayr.jpg)

Since PCGamemods is currently giving me trouble you can (hopefully) download it
here (http://ourworld.cs.com/The%20Paper%20Vox/ThePapersJedi_Master_4H.rar) (Right click link and "Save as..." or "Save link as...", depending on which browser you're using).

[Edited so that hopefully no one else runs into the problem mentioned below.
Edit 2: Added Screencaps]
 Alkonium
01-26-2006, 10:09 AM
WTF? It's just a bunch of weird code that even I don't understand. I suggest you try again at PCGamemods.
 The Paper
01-26-2006, 10:24 AM
Terribly sorry about that. :sweat: But at PCGM I kept getting--and just did again--Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for temp/ThePapersJedi_Master_4H.rar in /home/web/pcgm3/upload.php on line 225 ...and I think the filesize showing there at 0kb. And if I click "Submit Modification Information" I get the following:

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for ../temp/ThePapersJedi_Master_4H.rar in /home/web/pcgm3/scripts/addmod.php on line 29

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DBException' with message 'Database: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' '1.0', 'This is a very basic mod that I initially made on' at line 11' in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php:29 Stack trace: #0 /home/web/pcgm3/scripts/addmod.php(33): db->query('INSERT INTO cor...') #1 thrown in /home/web/pcgm3/library/db.php on line 29

And for the record, I'm fairly certain I tried with both IE6 and Firefox and had the same problems.

Just to try it out, I did simply click the link above and I got that code as well, but when I tried "Save link as..." I got the file correctly. It should be a 232-3kb .rar file, I believe.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-26-2006, 10:28 AM
WTF? It's just a bunch of weird code that even I don't understand. I suggest you try again at PCGamemods.
It's a .rar file so your browser may be attempting to "open" it rather than save it.

Try Shift+Click or Alt+Click to "save as".. then save to a folder or your desktop.

If that doesn't work, then let the page of "code" load completely.. then go into your File menu and save.. making sure you append the .rar extension (rather than .htm / .html) :)
 Darth333
01-26-2006, 10:30 AM
or just right click->"save as" ;)

well...err... yeah.. if you want to do it the "easy" way.. hehehe :xp: ~ ChAiNz.2da
 mjpb3
01-26-2006, 4:15 PM
You know, I tried to bring that head out as well to use, but I
just wasn't happy with her hair like it is, so gave up on it :/

But you're right, it IS a very interesting face to be wasted as it is ;)

(She sorta reminds me of Bastila a bit - I don't know why)

Good idea and good job :)
 stoffe
01-26-2006, 5:56 PM
Hadn't seen that head before. Looks... interesting... but something feels like it's wrong when looking at that face, like some proportions are unnatural or something... :)

(She sorta reminds me of Bastila a bit - I don't know why)
Good idea and good job :)

I would be very surprised if that model isn't based on Bastila's head model, and then has been remodelled, deformed and reskinned to look less like a porcelain doll and more like some teenager. At least that's the impression I get from it. :)
 The Source
01-26-2006, 8:54 PM
Now I know people have not played another mod that has been here for some time...
 -DK-
01-27-2006, 5:53 AM
 The Source
01-27-2006, 7:08 AM
You mean this one? (http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18130.html)No). I played a selectable Jedi_Master_4h before. When I intergrated her as a NPC into my mod, I removed the other owner's mod.

I think it was the selectible NPC heads mod.
 The Paper
01-27-2006, 8:45 AM
MacLeodCorp, I hadn't come across one that did that before, but I may have just simply missed it.

But if you're talking about previously integrating her into TDA or TDA: Gold (what immediately comes to my mind anyway), I was working on my first playthrough of the latter (had just left Telos and had landed on Dantooine) when I saw that more work was being done on it and rather rapidly at that, with a release probably not too far off, I thought I'd wait before going any farther. So...err...yes. :sweat:

Anyway thanks all for the comments, I appreciate each of them. :)
 The Source
01-27-2006, 9:43 AM
MacLeodCorp, I hadn't come across one that did that before, but I may have just simply missed it.

But if you're talking about previously integrating her into TDA or TDA: Gold (what immediately comes to my mind anyway), I was working on my first playthrough of the latter (had just left Telos and had landed on Dantooine) when I saw that more work was being done on it and rather rapidly at that, with a release probably not too far off, I thought I'd wait before going any farther. So...err...yes. :sweat:

Anyway thanks all for the comments, I appreciate each of them. :)
Well, I released the first version with her in it, and it is still available for download. However, I didn't make her a selectable head. I made Bastila a selectible head. I intergrated Jedi_Master_4H as Nomi Sunrider. This gives me an idea...

Before I download your file, did you create a full set of darkside transitions for Jedi_Master_4H?
 The Paper
01-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Ah, ok then. Hadn't seen her ingame yet so had no idea.

No I didn't since it was originally only for me and I usually play LS or neutral if possible. But the portraits I did (sort of) and that was mainly just the background colour
so you could tell when you went DS. I've been tinkering around some since then (very basic stuff mind you), still trying to find something I'd be ok with. Haven't updated the .rar yet since then.

Whatever idea you have, go for it, I'd be eager to see what you've got brewing. :)
 The Source
01-27-2006, 1:04 PM
Ah, ok then. Hadn't seen her ingame yet so had no idea.

No I didn't since it was originally only for me and I usually play LS or neutral if possible. But the portraits I did (sort of) and that was mainly just the background colour
so you could tell when you went DS. I've been tinkering around some since then (very basic stuff mind you), still trying to find something I'd be ok with. Haven't updated the .rar yet since then.

Whatever idea you have, go for it, I'd be eager to see what you've got brewing. :)
Do you know how to alter textures?

If you can create a third darkside texture transition, (the final darkside transition), I can add the option for the player to interchange the head textures of Nomi... It is all up to you. I will give you full credit for contributing...

If you can create this type of mod, I think you have talent hidden deep. I will advertise you as 'Introducting the Work of New Comer: The Paper'.

Don't stop man! Keep modding.. This is a pretty cool concept, and I commend you on your creativity.... Cool Job!
 The Paper
01-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Do you know how to alter textures?

Sort of..err..I think? :sweat: I've basically been "winging it", I guess you could say. And in my spare time trying to learn more on my own, little by little. Though I'm quite new to doing such things.

After I read your post, with what you said in mind, I poked about my copy of your mod and found your's (N_jedimast4h). So, knowing that this might go in your mod as optional (depending on what you think works of course, if it isn't included, totally fine, I'll understand). Thinking it would fit in better if I did, I started using that as a base for further testing (which I hope is ok, if not, I can work from something else).

So bearing that in mind and here's hoping this was something like you had in mind and all...

How about this (http://ourworld.cs.com/The%20Paper%20Vox/ThePapersJediMaster4HDS2.rar)?)
(Right click, "Save as..." or "Save link as...")

No veins, I'm not always that crazy about them in the first place, not to mention I'm not good at adding them in yet (and, importantly, having it look good).

I went for darker hair, with sort of an "unwashed"/dirty/sun-deprived hair idea in mind. Darker around the eyes and whited out/milky eyes for a sort of recently dead look instead of the usual reds, yellows and oranges (though I did also make a dark red eye version (not included in the .rar above, if you'd like that one as well, just let me know).

I initially started with a tired look, dark circles under the eyes, but expanded upon that for this level, which looks more like makeup now.

I didn't think I should lighten the skin anymore as I think she's already quite light skinned and didn't really want to grey-blue her skin or anything like that if I didn't have to.

Also, had considered making her hair go white-ish grey/grey-ish white, but couldn't get it looking like I wanted at the time, so gave up for the night.
 The Source
01-28-2006, 4:38 PM
There is a problem with downloading the file. For some reason I can't save it.
 The Paper
01-28-2006, 5:48 PM
Hrm.. I just tried it (as of this writing) and it worked for me. :sweat:

Did this on the quick, so if it still doesn't work, here's an alternate source to download from (hopefully) :
http://rapidshare.de/files/12056197/ThePapersJediMaster4HDS2.rar.html)
 The Source
01-28-2006, 5:58 PM
Hrm.. I just tried it (as of this writing) and it worked for me. :sweat:

Did this on the quick, so if it still doesn't work, here's an alternate source to download from (hopefully) :
http://rapidshare.de/files/12056197/ThePapersJediMaster4HDS2.rar.html)
Cool Thanks... I will look at it latter... :)
Page: 1 of 1