Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Models/textures

Page: 1 of 1
 hakweakumlar
01-25-2006, 3:40 PM
So anyone know how to edit models, or at least copy them for a different name? As simply changing the name of them does not work =)

Or is there a way to get just one unit type to use a specific texture, instead of all of them. As currently I have modified the texture for a ship to just show different colors, yet it will show that modified texture for all ships that use that texture.

What I want to do is get just one ship to use that texture, with all others using the default standard one.

As I said just copying the model file and changing its name to reflect a new texture name does not work, it causes the game to crash when that unit is used on a map.

And a simple command of <Space_Texture_Name> etc does not work. Heh.

Apparently you can't have multiple textures for one model, or its just not supported yet. AS if you take the modified texture and name it the same as the current one the model uses, it works. But as I said that does all the units.

However all the imps Star destroyer type ships (ISD, VSD) etc in Red was pretty cool, the cinematic mode looked nice with it. Though I could get a printscreen as alt cause the cinematic mode to drop and regular prtscrn didn't seem to work.
 DarkArjapa
01-25-2006, 6:37 PM
You have to create a new unit type or a variation of an existing unit (there are several examples in the .xml files), where you will then be able to slam the texture you want to that model in particular. Then, I'm guessing, if you want to make it unique, just add it as a starting unit since it won't be buildable most probably.
 Animask
01-25-2006, 6:42 PM
now THAT would make a good mod. Just make new units! Lol
 DarkArjapa
01-25-2006, 6:47 PM
I haven't tried it myself, but it looked really simple to add new units using the unit_variation tag (or whatever it was called). So... yeah, maybe people will start coding their own mini-hero units now.
 hakweakumlar
01-25-2006, 10:51 PM
You have to create a new unit type or a variation of an existing unit (there are several examples in the .xml files), where you will then be able to slam the texture you want to that model in particular. Then, I'm guessing, if you want to make it unique, just add it as a starting unit since it won't be buildable most probably.

You can only assign one texture to the a model. As the models are built with a specific named texture to display how its looked. But that does not accomplish what I want.

As I don't want all star destroyers in the game to look the way my custom texture has them looking. I want just one custom built unit type to look like that texture, with the rest look the default.

Which apparently you can't do, as you way I already covered in my first post. And I know how to create unique units, I'm testing another one I have done that doesn't mess with textures.

I just don't want all star destroyers built to be red, I want just one version, the custom one I created to be red. Which unless there is an assign texture xml tag that isn't covered in any of the other unit listings, you can't do.

Renaming my custom one to be the name of the existing texture for that model won't do what I asked, and am having problems with.
Page: 1 of 1