Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Possible solution to crashing/freezing demo

Page: 1 of 1
 GoonerUK
01-24-2006, 12:07 PM
"Desktop Enhancement" ie: stylexp,visual styler 2 or any program that changes the look of your desktop taskbar and icons.

I too was having the demo freeze on the main menu or freezing on a map to the point i couldn't even shrink to the taskbar with ctrl-alt-del or alt-tab i was always having to reset the pc. I'd updated all my drivers for my ati 9800 pro,even going backwards with drivers but still the game would lock up. Then i remembered having a similar problem with another game a while ago and remembered that i had to go back to the windows xp default visual style (blue,silver or green) and reset my icons to there default settings to. So i tried this with EAW and touch wood it hasn't frozen once since i did this. It makes my desktop and icons look rather boring lol but at least i can now enjoy this excellent game without having to reboot my pc every 5 minutes.

Hope this helps some of you :)
Page: 1 of 1